• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SHOW ME YOUR NEWS! - Gaming News PODCAST (Ep. 76 OUT!, New WEBSITE and iTunes!)

kigbariom

Smash Lord
As for MS, think it was a little dissapointing, it didn't have what I expected, some was cool but not much.

And come on.... Twitter on Xbox, what has the world come to?

Please join the Xat if you want to chat while watching, it's nothing special but it's fun. It's a little empty now, but there was some good discussion earlier. Tomorrow it's Nintendo time so that should be interesting...
http://xat.com/Kigbariom_E3_smash

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Good job commentating Youko and Panda:) I saw you guys there but you don't know me so I didn't say hi lol. Also great job on the newest episode!
Awwww, you should have said hi, regardless. We're not that intimidating, we promise. Plus, I've never really had the whole "meeting a fan in person outside of Michigan" experience.

SO GUYS, try the download link again. Hopefully this one's fixed.

http://smyn.smashnexus.net/download.php?id=54

And I'm SO SORRY for forgetting about Stickam today...I'll try to remember to have it up for Nintendo and Sony tomorrow.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Double post? Meh.

We're live on Stickam for fans to stop by and chat amongst themselves regarding E3. We'll be watching in another room, so don't expect us to chat live. However, after each conference, I'll be recording a vlog for Youtube based on initial impressions.

http://www.stickam.com/smyn

WaterTails

Smash Lord
How do you guys feel about Cammie's lack of knowledge about Mario 64? Did you like how she called it "Mario 3D?" Also, I lulled when she said there hadn't been any four player Mario games, because of, like, every Mario [sport] game and SM64DS.

Also, Team Ninja working on new Metroid sounds awesome!

Also, Sony has pretty much won E3 already, right?

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Nintendo FAILURE.

Our predictions from the Pre-E3 podcast:

Microsoft Stagnating *check*
Nintendo Regressing *check*
Sony Progressing

....At this point, I don't know if I can keep my hopes up for Sony. I need a break after the extreme letdown that was Nintendo's press conference.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Also, I lulled when she said there hadn't been any four player Mario games, because of, like, every Mario [sport] game and SM64DS.
I didn't think of SM64DS, I first thought of the Mario Bros games for GBA.

Revven

FrankerZ
Well, the new Metroid looks cool and SMG2 looks good as well, everything else was kinda meh except Golden Sun DS. About everything else was pretty lame, like, we knew about The Conduit, RE, and Dead Space Extraction. The latter two being RAIL SHOOTERS, WTF??? No new Zelda (expected) and just them teasing Spirit Tracks as though it's the second coming.

What I don't get is, they listed as Miyamoto going to be there on stage and he didn't show. Why? What gives?

It's nice to see Yoshi in SMG graphics though, hope it comes out this year.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
What I don't get is, they listed as Miyamoto going to be there on stage and he didn't show. Why? What gives?
He probably saw how bad they were sucking and refused to go out. I know I would.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
<object width="320" height="265"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/X76u24MrTfI&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/X76u24MrTfI&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="320" height="265"></embed></object>

I'm waiting until Panda gets back from class to see Sony's conference.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Thanks Youko and SP for doing all of this work to bring the news of video gaming to the community. I loved the discussion in part 1 of the podcast and I agree with a lot of points that Samurai Panda made.

Keep up the great work.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
OH ****! Cool hat.

Cammy sucks, SMBWii looks neat I'll consider getting it, Wiifit plus is stupid. I'm waiting for their Wii Weights. 50 pound accessories that you attach to your wii mote lol. Wii Sports looks dumb. Sega Virtua Tennis will be neat. At least if I can play as RafaNadal! Kingdom Hearts....meh. I want 3 already. Bowser's inside story is awesome. Golden Sun is kinda cool. Who the **** is James Patterson? COP is dumb. I wonder how you make money on Style Savvy. Probably whoring yourself out to raise through the ***** ranks. Better clothes = better clientel! or they'll just steal their daddy's credit card. Can't bring myself to care about DK game, Screw Wario Ware, can't believe facebook is getting that popular. More spirit tracks info. Bleh. I <3 you for saying the casual bashing **** we all think. Wii vitality sensor looks like it's a diabetes thingy. SMG2...is cool cause of Yoshi. That basically makes it. <3 Non Smash Yoshi. Still want to try Conduit if only cause I'm a SEGA fanboy. What? I didn't even NOTICE RE was a rail shooter. I was excited. ****. Not so excited now. OMG TEAM NINJA DOING METROID. WTF? I thought they were gutted after Itagaki left. Why have them? It's definitely awesome looking and I do love Team Ninja AND Metroid so I'm in.

You do well at speaking. Especially since you don't have a script. All that podcast stuff paying off lol. =D

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
I love some of these Youtube comments...

"bad review, very unthusiastic these are gonna be some GOOD game!"

LOL at three-star video. People don't know when they're jaded at all.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
People will eventually come around. You can only fool yourself for so long.

Also, Youko, check out the changes I made in the features of that thread.

MajorMoses

Smash Journeyman
By the way, Youko. What do you think about Mountain Dew Game Fuel showing up on the market again? It has World of Warcraft on the label, but I'm pretty sure it's the same thing. (Been so long since I tasted it.)

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
By the way, Youko. What do you think about Mountain Dew Game Fuel showing up on the market again? It has World of Warcraft on the label, but I'm pretty sure it's the same thing. (Been so long since I tasted it.)
Oh dude. Since when? That stuff was delicious.

I hope the label gives me codes for some epicz too. ^_^

Horde's looks like the old stuff. Citrus Cherry or something. Alliance's is blue and it's Wild Fruit punch.

Revven

FrankerZ
Sony Conference Impressions:

Totally unexciting, like, I wasn't impressed at all. God of War III, yeah, cool game. Uncharted 2, looks awesome. Modnation Racing, looked pretty cool. PSP Go! just another lame attempt at getting people to buy something overpriced IMO. $250 for the same chunk of hardware, just smaller, and more portable? Thanks but, no thanks. I won't be spending MY money on something that is virtually the same thing but, smaller. You're better off buying a used PSP.

Home, looks about the same 6 months ago! Oh wow! I can buy virtual items, so cool! =\ Final Fantasy 14?? Online?? Seriously? You're going to launch 2 FFs in the same year? That's a bit nuts. I wouldn't be surprised if it was done by the same people who did FF11 Online. And we all know how that turned out to be.

Okay, for the most part, what ticked me off was the amount of clapping Sony got for the most unexciting games. I mean, seriously, who didn't expect GoWIII? Or ACII? They're good games, yes, but it just seems like the audience was utterly biased. That Tretton guy was always annoying, I think the best thing you can come off of this conference was this: "Only possible on the PS3." That's right guys! No other console can do beat'em ups like GoWIII! Better go out and buy a PS3 for $400! (Which by the way I'm still not convinced is worth the price). And yet, no price drop announcement either? You're not getting my money again this year, $400 is still way too much money. Factoring in any games I want and we're talking over $600 in this economy? Ridiculous.

And whoamg, their numbers are SO huge, right? They're acting like 24 million is a huge amount of people online, it's not. Now, if you got 100 million online, that would be impressive but 24 million is a bit low if not mediocre.

And let's no forget Sony's answer to Nintendo and Microsoft's motion shiz. Boy oh boy, doesn't that controller look even MORE like a dildo? It's not even funny when they have buttons for it and I BET you anything the final design will look so eerily similar to the Wiimote that people will cry foul next year when it comes out and nobody will buy it because the games it'll be used for will suck with it. Don't get me wrong, cool technology, has the potential. But, it'll probably fall right in Sony's face next year, wasting money on tech research when their motion answer doesn't take off as well as they think it will.

Just like I said to Microsoft's Natal, good luck getting casual gamers to realize that the 360 OR PS3 have the same games for them in better quality. Because the Wii has the label right now as a casual console that houses games that interests them, the 360 and PS3 don't. Do you ever see either of those consoles mentioned on the news? In the newspaper? On TV? Nope.

Overall, it was a better conference than Nintendo's but, nothing mind blowing IMO.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
Didn't watch Sony's but FF14 is an online one? My friend was telling me about that like... a year ago except back then I think it was supposed to be a different title i.e. not related to FF at all.

11 was okay. It just took too much to level, deleveling sucked and it's inferior to WoW. If WoW didn't exist it'd probably be between that, everquest and Ragnarok online for best MMO.

Home's ********.

AgentJGV

Smash Journeyman
You know what? with all this nintendo hate going around, I'm going to say that I thought Nintendo's conference very good. I'm looking forward to the two mario games. I'm looking forward to Metriod. I'm even looking forward to Wii Sports Resort. Heck I might even buy FF (never played any of them). plus all the third party games (No More Heroes II, The Conduit).

I do admit I was disappointing in some things. I did wanted a Zelda. And I wanted Myamoto (probably misspelled that). But all and all, I'm happy with what Nintendo has done. I want more, but I'm happy.

Also, just listened to your video Youko. The Conduit WILL live up to the hype. Thats all there is to it.

Gotta say, I'm a little worried about the next SMYN episode if it's going to be nothing but a Nintendo bash.

Exia 00

Smash Champion
I went crazy when I saw MGS: Peace Walker. I cant wait to get that.

Btw, That new Metroid looks... WOW O__O As cool as it is, I can't help but imagine what these games would look like with better graphics in full 1080p.

When they were talking about reviving old franchises, I thought of 1000000 games they could have announced. Nintendo didn't please me. I'll just download all the games I don't want to buy like galaxy 2 and new super mario bros ( IMO should be Wiiware <_< ) I should save my money for the games I NEED TO BUY on PS3 and Xbox 360. Their perspective makes sense from a business perspective, but in now way benefits me which is lame cause these games aren't everyone games. If you want a game for everyone, put some difficulty settings and some tutorials and were good to go. I dunno... I wasn't impressed.

:023:

Darkurai

Smash Master
Swine Flu.

Miyamoto almost didn't come to E3 at all.

IMO, Metroid Other M absolutely made the conference for me. I literally gasped out loud when I heard "Any objections, Lady?" Play Metroid Fusion, guys.

piffman2

Smash Apprentice
i think every conference was good and blew their 2008 counterpart out of the water. Even though I'm a admitted Nintendo fan and I can't name any company as the clear winner. Gotta say, the Nintendo hate seems a little exaggerated to me. To me the problem is, Nintendo has so many things that they've could've announced that they can never completely satisfy anyone, ever. Whether these games will be good or not, just look at the games that have been released or announced this year that some might consider hardcore, New Zelda, Excitebots, Sin and Punishemtn2, Punch-Out, 2 Mario Games, Golden Sun and a new Metroid. I think those more than balance out Wii Fit Plus and Wii Sports Resort (even though Wiimotion plus looks pretty awesome in Red Steel 2)

sorry if you feel this is a fanboy rant. maybe youko and panda are right. maybe i am jaded:(

that James Patterson Book club thing sounds pretty dumb though :laugh:

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
After some time to simmer down, I'm a little happier with what Nintendo brought to the table - after all, it could have been last year. However, compared to the other two conferences, they were outplayed big time. It's almost as if they aren't particularly sure on how to address an E3 audience.

Anyway, I think Sony won this year's E3. Panda concurs.

<object width="320" height="265"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DeKfiZ1KiMg&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DeKfiZ1KiMg&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="320" height="265"></embed></object>

Darkurai

Smash Master
After some time to simmer down, I'm a little happier with what Nintendo brought to the table - after all, it could have been last year. However, compared to the other two conferences, they were outplayed big time. It's almost as if they aren't particularly sure on how to address an E3 audience.
Lack of Miyamoto's usual "come out and promote this game to hell and back" probably didn't help.

**** Swine Flu.

Goddammit why do I always have trouble downloading the SMYN episodes!?

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Motion control is the way of the future. It's not a matter of ripping off Nintendo, it's a matter of starting to develop their future technologies, both of which were demoed far more impressively than the Wii remote with MotionPlus sure was today.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
I have no beef with Sony and Microsoft entering into the motion control arena. It's no big deal that they also present infinitely superior technology over Nintendo's.

What I hate is how Sony and Microsoft pretend they had the idea first. Sony and Microsoft are both on record claiming the Wii would never work. They claimed that "gamers don't like to move around at all". They claimed sitting in one spot would always be how gaming was done. The Wii comes out, ***** in sales, and proves them both wrong. Sony and Microsoft could have been good sports and stated, "Yeah, Nintendo really caught us off guard. Kudos to them. We think we have something better, now!" Instead, they make ruthless jabs and pretend they thought of it first: "Ours makes Wii look like crap. Wii did nothing right. We're bringing gaming to the whole world!" News flash, guys: Nintendo already won this generation. They have the money. They have the fan base. They already brought gaming to the masses. Get over it.

Top Bottom