• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SHOW ME YOUR NEWS! - Gaming News PODCAST (Ep. 76 OUT!, New WEBSITE and iTunes!)

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Swordy's coming over to the SMYN apartment for most of the weekend later today, so we'll be having Stickam up a lot of the time. You know, just as an FYI.

And as much as I'd like to get an episode out this weekend, Panda will be at Midwest Circuit Championships in Indiana, and I'm still waiting for word back from MLG regarding getting iTunes fixed. So it probably will be another week before we get another podcast out.

MajorMoses

Smash Journeyman
Yay! I've got a Jew convention coming up in an hour thats going to last the whole weekend. Unfortunately that means I miss stickcam. :( Oh well. I'll be back for the few hours between the end of the convention and the start of the Steelers-Ravens game. GO STEELERS!

Darkurai

Smash Master
BIG NEWS
http://gonintendo.com/?p=68573
This is a new Miyamoto patent (not Nintendo, Miyamoto himself). No one is sure yet, but it looks to be a hint system of some sort or something that allows you to skip parts of the game.

At first glance, one might think that this is a bad thing.
BUT
Think about it. If they make it so that the casual players can just skip the parts that are too hard for them, then they don't have to dumb down our games to make them easier for the casual market.

I think this is really big news if these assumptions are correct.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
It's success is clearly dependent on if they implement it correctly. When done properly, it will not waste space. It will be on the other side of the disc. Also, our games level of challange and depth will not be toned down. If done wrong, it will limit the space they have to work with on their games and look embarassin. I doubt that Nintendo will implement it correctly. Then again, we won't know until a few more years.

Rhokk

Smash Apprentice
Under ur bed, steelin ur dust bunneez....in Utah
I don't know..just looking at it, it seems like another "innovation" by Nintendo that probably won't turn out well. But, who knows, maybe it means they can start actually making games difficult again, so that the newbs can just skip the parts they're having problems with..

Or...they'll keep them as easy as they are, and still give really, really sucky players the ability to skip..

Or...nothing will ever come of this patent.

Gah, it's hard to not be cynical regarding Nintendo. They've crushed so many dreams.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
That's definitely not how it's going to work.
I CAN DREAM CAN'T I?

Also I just realized that if it's like Sonic and the Secret Rings I can do that anyway. =P

1: Anther
2: Overswarm
3: Domo
4: AlphaZealot
5: Needle of Juntah
5: Ripple
7: King Joshu
7: Kirk
9: Lain
9: SamuraiPanda
9: Blood Hawk
9: Kel

Panda did pretty well.

Revven

FrankerZ
..I'm sorry but i think that its just going to open the door for people to say they've beaten a game when they've actually just skipped it. Not a fan at this point.
Why does that matter to you? It's the player's loss if all they wanna do is skip through the game to "beat" it. Let them think they beat it and have a big ego, it shouldn't matter to you as long as you feel accomplished with what you did with the same game they bought.

Honestly? Why would anyone skip to the final boss just to beat it after they just paid $50 for the game? Then again... people are stupid. -_-

AgentJGV

Smash Journeyman
Why does that matter to you? It's the player's loss if all they wanna do is skip through the game to "beat" it. Let them think they beat it and have a big ego, it shouldn't matter to you as long as you feel accomplished with what you did with the same game they bought.

Honestly? Why would anyone skip to the final boss just to beat it after they just paid $50 for the game? Then again... people are stupid. -_-
It's really just the fact that you have the option of skipped. The feeling of accomplishment is lessened because you can just skip the hard parts.

Sariku

Smash Master
Youko... what is the next type of episode? I want to think it's not the SBR, but I'm not sure.

Get in contact with me when you have time. :D Oh, and congrats on the commentary.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
Haven't seen you in a while Sariku.

Isn't it SBR? Granted the last one was a flashback. I kinda just started taking odd ones as OSBR and even ones as SMYN. I figured that was the reason he named the one 42.5.

MajorMoses

Smash Journeyman
Hey, Youko. Who are you going to cheer for during the Super Bowl? Do you have a team that you would have rather had at the championship? I was at the Steelers-Ravens game and it kicked ***. GO STEELERS!

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
1: Anther
2: Overswarm
3: Domo
4: AlphaZealot
5: Needle of Juntah
5: Ripple
7: King Joshu
7: Kirk
9: Lain
9: SamuraiPanda
9: Blood Hawk
9: Kel

Panda did pretty well.
No, Panda sucked. He should've beaten Overswarm, but he made a ******** SD. And the Dedede vs Snake matchup is impossible, so he lost to Joshu. He hates his performance, and knows he should've and could've done much better. Once he gets a character to counter D3, he'll be performing much better.

And he still can't believe that he knocked Kirk to losers. Kirk's Ike >>> Panda's Snake. He got 2 stocked the first game. If he didn't play Olimar on the side, he'd have lost horribly against Kirk.

Talking in the third person is fun.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
We're going to try to decide on episode 45 details later today. It will be in SBR-format...and maybe some minor changes will be made to the podcast in the future. Gotta talk to da Panda about it, amidst our crazy school schedules.

Rhokk

Smash Apprentice
Under ur bed, steelin ur dust bunneez....in Utah
Panda, you play Olimar on the side? I loves the Olimar!

Also I've kind of started messing around with Snake. I like playing as him, but I don't really know any advanced things to do with him other than mortar-boosting or whatever it's called now..but I kind of want to get better with him. I don't really play competitively, because last tournament I went to I got destroyed, but I'm trying to get better..

Top Bottom