• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SHOW ME YOUR NEWS! - Gaming News PODCAST (Ep. 76 OUT!, New WEBSITE and iTunes!)

MajorMoses

Smash Journeyman
I have several questions but I need to finish the last episode to find out if they have been asked. I haven't had the time to listen to it yet.

Please tell me if there even we're any questions in the last podcast.

MajorMoses

Smash Journeyman
Alright, here are my awesome questions!

1.) When season 4 came and you decided to add a Brawl section of the podcast, you had a contest to decide what the name would be. You eventually chose 'SBR Podcast' but I don't remember seeing anybody suggest that. If somebody did suggest it, who was it? Otherwise, I want to know why you didn't take one of the titles from this thread.

2.) If breaking 'Smash-related' news occurs, will you wait for its turn to come up on the 'single-topic' SBR Podcast or will you mention it on the SMYN podcast? In other words, you would bring the topic up and spend a few minutes talking about it on SMYN before the SBR Podcast catches up and goes into a full-length discussion about it.

3.) What parts of Smashboards do you regularly check besides the General Brawl Discussion? Are there any character boards that you go on a lot?

4.) If there was going to be a SSB4 and a new dojo, would you be willing to do another 'weekly-weekend podcasting source recapping the biggest news in anticipation of Super Smash Bros _______'? And would you be willing to (for ****s and giggles) start off with ONE rundown featuring extra cheesy dialogue? Please?

5.) Out of all the updates that you talked about after the roundtable took over, was there ever an update that you would have wanted to try in a rundown? I understand that you can get a lot more out of the roundtable but some things might have been funnier as part of the rundown... maybe. (This is probably a really stupid question.)

6.) Jump Ultimate Stars or Disgaea DS?

7.) Rurouni Kenshin or Samurai Champloo?

8.) On a scale of 1 to 10, how much does my awesomeness exceed 10?

9.) If side a = 9.8 and side b = 3.7, how many centuries will it be before the Michigan Wolverines manage to beat THE Ohio State Buckeyes? (Actually, I just want to know your opinions on the rivalry and if Samurai Panda cares about it despite hating fun sports)

10.) Can I be in the next episode? PLEASE?

11.) Do you like waffles? Do you like pancakes? Do you like french toast? Do you like mudkips?

And those are my questions! I look forward to hearing some answers. Especially to #8 and #9.

Negi-Kun

Smash Lord
1.) When season 4 came and you decided to add a Brawl section of the podcast, you had a contest to decide what the name would be. You eventually chose 'SBR Podcast' but I don't remember seeing anybody suggest that. If somebody did suggest it, who was it? Otherwise, I want to know why you didn't take one of the titles from this thread.
The OSBR Podcast name is the beta name. We are still having the naming "contest" underway. So the OSBR name was the one made by Panda and Youko to get the general idea. I hope someone suggests a good one.
*cough* Meta Fight *cough*

Sorry if I'm not conveying a good explanation, but it's nearly midnight and my brain ish a dud nao.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
The boards are back! YAYYYY!

I also come bearing news that I am working on a special episode of SMYN. Episode 44 will feature my top 25 moments in the history of the podcast and also some insight never before heard by fans! The episode should be out this weekend.

As we like to say: Mad hype, y'all!

Also, have a safe and (as those Brawl E for All girls said) HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Negi-Kun

Smash Lord
So... wait. I'm confused.

Will the moments be in a roundtable-esque fashion?
Will this be on stickam at all? There's been no mention yet.
Will you fish out the old episodes and play the actual moments, or will you just discuss them with Panda?

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
So... wait. I'm confused.

Will the moments be in a roundtable-esque fashion?
Will this be on stickam at all? There's been no mention yet.
Will you fish out the old episodes and play the actual moments, or will you just discuss them with Panda?
No, only me.
Not really, because it's not live and I am working on it behind the scenes.
Yes, playing the actual moments. Giving Panda another break.

The episode will be about two and a half hours long.

DVD Smith

Smash Journeyman
Spork and I listened in on the 'live' record (by which I mean Youko recording the filler for in between the clips). Can't wait for this, I love best-of compilations.

Oh, and Happy Hogmanay guys.

Darkurai

Smash Master
I feel like such a nerd. I specifically remembered all 25 moments.

And I stayed up until 1:00 listening.

MajorMoses

Smash Journeyman
Wow. That episode was full of juicy, nostalgic goodness! And thanks for answering all of my questions too. I really wasn't expecting you to go through all of them after you went through just one during the main podcast. Hopefully I won't take too much hate for some of the questions that I asked. Like everyone else here, I agree that roundtable>rundown. I was kinda just asking if you would have preferred something to have been scripted rather than discussed. Not an entire podcast but maybe one update in which your discussion didn't cover everything. Like I said, I thought it was a stupid question (of course, it was kinda stupid of me to leave it up in that case). I'm REALLY sorry about the OSU-Michigan question. I should have worded it better and I only meant to ask about your opinions on it. I always trashtalk with my friends who are Michigan fans so I kinda went overboard. I'm perfectly aware that it won't be centuries before Michigan beats OSU. Hell, they might bounce back next year. I don't know.

Anyways, thanks again for answering the questions. I'll make sure to word things more carefully from now on.

*puts up flame shield*

Banzai_Kitten

Smash Cadet
Nice podcast. Brought back some funny stuff and some stuff I don't remember from podcasts before I started listening. Nice job Youko and SP.

Darkurai

Smash Master
I take offense. I knew all those little known facts and moments and exact quotes about to come up. And I listened to it 3 times so stfu... XD

*boasts about my nerdiness?*
Um so did I.

In fact the only thing in that episode that I didn't know already was that he had to go in and edit out the beeps for the first roundtable.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
LMAO! I loved when you answered Moses' questions. Youko the cynic. XD

I'm not answering that! That question is ****ing stupid. lol

Wow. Youko swore a hell of a lot in this one. I loled.

Top Bottom