• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SHOW ME YOUR NEWS! - Gaming News PODCAST (Ep. 76 OUT!, New WEBSITE and iTunes!)

Cyberlink420

Smash Ace
NNID
cyberlink420
3DS FC
1461-6271-9006
It was never a 360 exclusive; just a TIMED exclusive. They said it would launch exclusively for the 360 in September, meaning that they'd get it in September and everyone else would have to wait for a few more months.

piffman2

Smash Apprentice
That's the thing, though: F-Zero Wii has been confirmed. Not only that, but Capcom of all companies is handling development this time around.

Also, it seems that Nintendo may not be showing Kid Icarus after all, so don't get your hopes up too high...
When was F-Zero ever confirmed. Unless your talking about F-Zero Z wihich I'm pretty sure was confirmed to be fake

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
I'll be on the stickam channel for the hour before the Nintendo conference starts. Feel free to come and chat!

Cyberlink420

Smash Ace
NNID
cyberlink420
3DS FC
1461-6271-9006
When was F-Zero ever confirmed. Unless your talking about F-Zero Z wihich I'm pretty sure was confirmed to be fake
Never heard of F-Zero Z; I'm talking about a story I saw on GoNintendo a week ago saying that it would be officially announced at E3.

We'll see who's right in an hour or so, I suppose.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
GoNintendo was one of the biggest sources of bullcrap during Brawl's development. they could say that Mario's brother is Luigi and I still wouldn't believe them until another (reliable) source confirmed it.

Punch-Out has been confirmed by British magazine NGamer. I know, I have the copy sitting next to me.
I remember hearing about that but due to it being a British mag...is it definetly from a Nintendo spokeman?

and the Kid Icarus thing is just speculation (atm) due to Pit, comments about Kid Icarus in general and that Factor 5 is making a new unannounced game.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Hey guys
Remember how big a deal Microsoft made about Rock Band 2 being exclusive for the 360?

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/888/888781p1.html
Read the very last paragraph.

OWNED.
It was never a 360 exclusive; just a TIMED exclusive. They said it would launch exclusively for the 360 in September, meaning that they'd get it in September and everyone else would have to wait for a few more months.
Darkurai:0
Cyberlink420:1

Cyberlink420

Smash Ace
NNID
cyberlink420
3DS FC
1461-6271-9006
Strange...I click on the "live" icon below the SMYN logo, nbut it's as if the chat isn't working. I can't see or hear anything.

Can some just direct link to the chat area? It might just be something wrong with my connection.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Well, it's a bit late now...I disconnected so I could go watch the show on G4.

Enjoy the conference, all! I'm sure we'll have lots to discuss here as we approach the next podcast recording time later this week!

DVD Smith

Smash Journeyman
Well, that was a pile of ****. No Kid Icarus, no F-Zero, no Punch-Out, no Zelda. In fact, NONE of Nintendo's core titles.

The only announcement that excited me was GTA DS. THAT'S IT!!

Negi-Kun

Smash Lord
I agree. GTA DS got me by surprise though. I LOVE the new Wii Speak option. Now that we can now SOMEHOW talk to someone is awesome. All the rest is cool too. But no core Nintendo games?! WTF?! I'll blog about it. Lol.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
GTA DS just made me go "...what the hell??"

Wii Music looks neat, there are a lot of (future) possibilities for MotionPlus, and Speak is finally a step in the right direction - but if this is it, there are definitely some gaping holes, if you ask me.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
The MotionPlus better not cost too much since I know a number of people buying multiples.

Darkurai

Smash Master
I like what Kevin says to Reggie in the G4 interview afterwards. "I know there's someone out there with his Caps Lock on saying "WHERE'S KID ICARUS"."

Deception

Smash Ace
Nintendo HAS to reveal some more stuff this week. They only showed 3 new games( there was GTA DS but that is made by Rockstar). I bet Reggie is laughing at our pain right now. And then he will come out and say "Surprise, here are your hardcore games".

Don't let me down, anymore, Nintendo.

Spork-Ninja-Draken

Smash Apprentice
Time for one of my moments. I think it's pretty self explainatory so XD I didn't add any more than what it was... and added a random poster to the wall as a last minute thought which is a random reference to another part but eh..

Goooo Waykooo

More to come... probably but not today.

GreatClayMonkey

Smash Lord
Rigging the enemy base with explosives, which is l
Nintendo HAS to reveal some more stuff this week. They only showed 3 new games( there was GTA DS but that is made by Rockstar). I bet Reggie is laughing at our pain right now. And then he will come out and say "Surprise, here are your hardcore games".

Don't let me down, anymore, Nintendo.
I liked reggie a while back but he keeps saying things that just aren't happening

AgentJGV

Smash Journeyman
I wish they would've spent less time telling us how well their sales were doing and give us more info on games. Really all I saw was rehacking older games. Although I am excited for animal crossing, I wasn't really impressed by anything else.

Edit: I'm watching it right now and i will admit the sword fighting in sports resort looks cool, but I would want that in like a full scale fighting game. hopefully thats one of the things they say will be on the way.

also Wii music ftw...sorta.

Darkurai

Smash Master
I wish they would've spent less time telling us how well their sales were doing and give us more info on games. Really all I saw was rehacking older games. Although I am excited for animal crossing, I wasn't really impressed by anything else.

Edit: I'm watching it right now and i will admit the sword fighting in sports resort looks cool, but I would want that in like a full scale fighting game. hopefully thats one of the things they say will be on the way.

also Wii music ftw...sorta.
Nintendo doesn't have anything like Avatars, either. Microsoft may have them beat.

Darkurai

Smash Master
Miis but...i guess...idk.
FAR FROM IT

Miis are obviously a completely different thing! The biggest difference is that "Mii" is spelled m-i-i, and Avatar has neither an m or an i! They're completely different, and Avatars have so many new things, like compatibility with games, the ability to use them as an icon, and seeing a group of them that your friends made all in one place!

Not just Avatars, but with the 360, you can upload pictures you took to your console and send them to your friends!

Darkurai

Smash Master
it seems like MS is taking miis and perfecting them.
No, they're ripping Nintendo off and pretending the Wii is quite literally a brick that people buy because it's the cool thing to do, and thus has no actual features.

Spork-Ninja-Draken

Smash Apprentice
No, they're ripping Nintendo off and pretending the Wii is quite literally a brick that people buy because it's the cool thing to do, and thus has no actual features.
Pretty much xD this is seconded by me.

And thank you for your kind comments those above lol >.> I'm going to attempt to surpass it when I get free time on the weekend.

Darkurai

Smash Master
you kinda lost me there. Why would the down nintendo when they're trying to copy them?
*sigh*
They're insulting Nintendo so people will buy the 360 instead. Then they're like "OH**** THE WII IS SELLING WELL, WE GOTTA START DOING WHAT THEY'RE DOING"

Top Bottom