• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SHOW ME YOUR NEWS! - Gaming News PODCAST (Ep. 76 OUT!, New WEBSITE and iTunes!)

Cyberlink420

Smash Ace
NNID
cyberlink420
3DS FC
1461-6271-9006
I'll be the first to admit that LittleBigPlanet looks AWESOME. Now that the PS3 is going to be $400, maybe I'll actually shell out the money to buy one.

IMO, conference wise, Sony > Microsoft > Nintendo. At least we're finally getting voice chat, though. Hopefully, we'll see more good stuff from all 3 over the next few days.

Also, it would indeed be cool if we could get Sariku back on the podcast.
But if you guys want to do a four-person roundtable and are looking for one more participant... *puppy dog eyes*

Darkurai

Smash Master
Everyone keeps talking about Sariku, but what about Swordy!? Where's the love for Swordy!? D:

Cyberlink420

Smash Ace
NNID
cyberlink420
3DS FC
1461-6271-9006
We get to hear Swordy every week for WTFP, and while he wouldn't be an unwelcome addition, I think everyone wants to see someone that they haven't seen in a while.

GreatClayMonkey

Smash Lord
Rigging the enemy base with explosives, which is l
I'll be the first to admit that LittleBigPlanet looks AWESOME. Now that the PS3 is going to be $400, maybe I'll actually shell out the money to buy one.

IMO, conference wise, Sony > Microsoft > Nintendo. At least we're finally getting voice chat, though. Hopefully, we'll see more good stuff from all 3 over the next few days.

Also, it would indeed be cool if we could get Sariku back on the podcast.
But if you guys want to do a four-person roundtable and are looking for one more participant... *puppy dog eyes*
Really I felt it was Microsoft>Nintendo>Sony
The only really big cool thing Sony had was Little Big Planet. Microsoft had so much to say even if a lot had already leaked and Nintendo would have been better if they had stopped talking about how great they were for a few seconds.

Also I to would like to hear Sariku and as for Swordy we hear him every week on WTFP

Darkurai

Smash Master
We get to hear Swordy every week for WTFP, and while he wouldn't be an unwelcome addition, I think everyone wants to see someone that they haven't seen in a while.
But Swordy has never actually been a real part of the roundtable, able to just say what he has to say. He's either been talking about Pokémon, or just there to relay questions.

And GCM, be honest. Seriously. Nintendo lost. We got three intresting games and ONLY three that no one knew about (I'd heard about GTA DS from GoNintendo as early as either April or May, not sure which one). We only got two interesting accessories, and no storage solution. We've got nothing about our major first-party titles except that the Mario and Zelda teams are "working on something".

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Weakest E3 keynotes ever. Not really, but they were bad.

FFXIII on the 360 is huge, but I'm still getting a PS3... They implied some features might be cut.

SwordHunter

Smash Apprentice
Everyone keeps talking about Sariku, but what about Swordy!? Where's the love for Swordy!? D:
w00t 4 wuv

Yeah, I'll pass on the automatic bid - it is better to get someone in that hasn't been on/in a while. But if I submit artwork and beat those out there.... (not happening)

I mean, I'll gladly fill my 'role' as moderator for Mailtime questions, but yeah, I'd have to earn it to get air time other than WTFP.

Darkurai

Smash Master
w00t 4 wuv

Yeah, I'll pass on the automatic bid - it is better to get someone in that hasn't been on/in a while. But if I submit artwork and beat those out there.... (not happening)

I mean, I'll gladly fill my 'role' as moderator for Mailtime questions, but yeah, I'd have to earn it to get air time other than WTFP.
He spoke!

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Sony won E3, hands down. Second is close between the extreme suckage that were Nintendo's and Microsoft's conferences. Although I think Ninty's performance was especially bad because they forced me to remember that they don't give a flying **** about core gamers. Which, you know, were filling the theater. I'd actually give the edge to Microsoft's over Nintendo's this year, although not by much since M$ didn't announce any new games that are interesting other than that new Galaga.

Darkurai

Smash Master
Did Casamasina just single-handedly start development on Mario Galaxy 2?

^ What about Banjo-Kazzoie for XBLA, featuring the Stop 'n Swop features that we were promised ten years ago?
Wait, the original Banjo-Kazooie is coming out for XBLA?

I thought Nintendo denied the Goldeneye port because it would be dishonorable for a game that originally came out on a Nintendo system to be released on another.

Darkurai

Smash Master
According to the 360 conference, right after the BK3 trailer, this was announced.
Looking at what they did to Goldeneye, Nintendo's going to find a way to stop it. They're probably working on ways right now.

Cyberlink420

Smash Ace
NNID
cyberlink420
3DS FC
1461-6271-9006
Already posted that, Deception.

Also, Nintendo's not going to stop BK from coming to XBLA. I mean, what can they do? The hardware isn't an issue; after all, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night is a PlayStation game, and that's on XBLA. The property is Rareware's, so as long as they remove any Nintendo references (i.e. the N64 logo and the Game Boy), they can do whatever they want with it. In this case, "whatever they want" includes...
A) Slight graphical enhancements so that it doesn't look really bad in HD
B) A means to finally get the 7 Stop 'n Swop items legitimately
C) The ability to transfer said Stop 'n Swop items to Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts, much like what they originally planned for Banjo-Tooie.

Also, Nintendo never completely denied a Goldeneye port. In fact, they claimed that they were looking for ways to bring it to the VC. The problem lies in the fact that Rare, who is owned by Microsoft, developed the game, and Activision holds the video game rights to James bond. Therein lies the biggest problem, as according to 1Up, Rare's been working on a GoldenEye port already, but Nintendo and Microsoft allegedly couldn't come to a financial agreement. It's not really surprising; when two direct competitors have to try and find this kind of compromise, it's bound to be a complicated issue.

piffman2

Smash Apprentice
Miyamoto is hinting at a new Mario Galaxy, new Pikmin, and a New Super Mario Bros 2.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/890/890276p1.html

E3 must not be big for Nintendo anymore. It seems as though they will announce their good games later. The question is, what games and when will they be released?
I don't think E3 is big for anyone anymore. IMO all the conferences sucked. The only surprises were GTA DS, FFXIII on 360 and the possibility of true 1:1. E3 died 2 years ago:(

Cyberlink420

Smash Ace
NNID
cyberlink420
3DS FC
1461-6271-9006
It's no secret that E3 hasn't been the same since the big downscaling. In fact, a bunch of companies like LucasArts and (I think) Blizzard actually split off and started doing their own conferences/events instead of holding E3 conferences.

I know a lot of people, including several in the game industry, have npt been pleased with the new E3. I predict that we're going to be seeing a lot more companies not doing E3 and doing something on their own, or perhaps doing both but putting more emphasis on their own event (the return of Spaceworld?). Hell, at this rate, I might even wager that E3 will be completely dead in five years or less.

I need that shirt now.
I will buy that shirt.
Put it on eBay.
Print it out reversed on an iron-on sheet and make it yourself. After all, that's what sliq did.

Darkurai

Smash Master
It's no secret that E3 hasn't been the same since the big downscaling. In fact, a bunch of companies like LucasArts and (I think) Blizzard actually split off and started doing their own conferences/events instead of holding E3 conferences.

I know a lot of people, including several in the game industry, have npt been pleased with the new E3. I predict that we're going to be seeing a lot more companies not doing E3 and doing something on their own, or perhaps doing both but putting more emphasis on their own event (the return of Spaceworld?). Hell, at this rate, I might even wager that E3 will be completely dead in five years or less.
Is E for All every year, or was it only a one time thing?

Cyberlink420

Smash Ace
NNID
cyberlink420
3DS FC
1461-6271-9006
LOL necks.

And yes, I'm 100% positive that E for All is happening again this year. I'd expect that Animal Crossing and Wii Sports Resort will probably be the "big games" there for Nintendo this time around, provided that they don't announce any other heavy hitters in the near future.

...I also expect that when playing Animal Crossing, there will be annoying booth girls shouting "YOU GOT THE FISH! PRESS 1! PRESS 1!"

Top Bottom