• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SHOW ME YOUR NEWS! - Gaming News PODCAST (Ep. 76 OUT!, New WEBSITE and iTunes!)

DVD Smith

Smash Journeyman
Great episode again guys. Loved the echoing easter egg. What program did you use to do that, Panda?

Also Youko, for a future easter egg you should consider bringing your guitar playing back. Your acoustic renditions of Temple, Yoshi Story Ending and OoT medley are among my favourite SMYN easter eggs.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
We actually discovered the echoing on accident, has something to do with Stickam, the website we used to live-host.

I'll consider bringing the guitar back, but most of the time, we just get lazy and use something funny from pre-or-post-podcast as an easter egg.

Cyberlink420

Smash Ace
NNID
cyberlink420
3DS FC
1461-6271-9006
Uhhh.... What? So Nintendo finally admits they have a storage problem, but they're not gonna do the obvious to prevent it?
I tried to bring that article up on the podcast. I think what it's hinting at is that soon, we'll be able to load data straight from the SD card slot like we can with the snapshots, replays, and stages in Brawl.

DARKALONDITE

Smash Apprentice
I tried to bring that article up on the podcast. I think what it's hinting at is that soon, we'll be able to load data straight from the SD card slot like we can with the snapshots, replays, and stages in Brawl.
I still don't believe that will solve the memory problem. Nintendo needs to understand that unless they want to lose ALL of their customers, they need to release like a patch or some from of memory update via a system update.

itsameSMB

Smash Journeyman
Awesome podcast, guys! Loved the SSF2 mention.

@ thedobaga (since I can seem to do anything but a quick reply right now): Hey, don't forget about me; I'm a SSF2 dev, too!

Cyberlink420

Smash Ace
NNID
cyberlink420
3DS FC
1461-6271-9006
I still don't believe that will solve the memory problem. Nintendo needs to understand that unless they want to lose ALL of their customers, they need to release like a patch or some from of memory update via a system update.
That's exactly it. By updating the firmware through a system update to load data directly from SD cards, it's essentially adding as much available memory to the console as any SD card we have will hold. For example, since I've got a 2-gig card that's already taken up by a lot of stuff, such a firmware update would essentially give me 6000+ more blocks of memory to work with.

Rhokk

Smash Apprentice
Under ur bed, steelin ur dust bunneez....in Utah
Hey guys! That was an amazing podcast, as usual.

So imagine my surprise when I'm just looking at my Zune program and it says something's downloading.. I then check to find out that it's a new SMYN!! I blame you guys for my lack of sleep that night.

Anyways, congrats to Buzz and Sugar with their mini Sugar-Saw!

Oh, and I don't know if this has been asked yet, but I think that you guys should post a link to your creations in Spore! I think it'd be interesting to see what you guys have created..

I just wish I had known that you guys did a live recording... Oh well, I guess next time will work..

Spork-Ninja-Draken

Smash Apprentice
Nintendo of Europe think we're Geeks and Otakus for wanting more space on our Wiis and that we're a minority.

... yup.

They've actually said that.

Now to actually listen to the Podcast xD ~is a bit behind~ I just got a new computer so heh

Spork-Ninja-Draken

Smash Apprentice
Totally xD

I'm extremely happy with this new one I can actually make Flash animations and computer art without having to get through a buttload of Lag so I can make them quicker and better.

Also it has Epic Speakers in comparison to my old one so I can enjoy SMYN in EXTREME sound.

Viva la New computer

Spork-Ninja-Draken

Smash Apprentice
You lucky...I'm stuck with Windows Vista.

I've never felt more rage in my life than I have during the course of the last year.
oh I have that too... I'm ignoring it.

Or at least trying to >___>

Vista is the Maggot in my Juicy apple when it comes my new computer D:

It's stopping me from getting online with that computer anyway. I'm on my old one right now.

But I transfered the Show me your news I haven't seen over to it to listen xD

Edit: Incidentally I finally get Brawl next week... Finally. it's the only reason I haven't splashed out on a Vista ready Broadband router because Brawl's European Release is the 27th.

Spork-Ninja-Draken

Smash Apprentice
Err if you mean the one that asks you whether you want to run anything and everything because it either A) doesn't know it or B) it's a programme then Nope I haven't xD

I generally ignore it. it's just a few clicks after all.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Haha, I was listening to the second half while on my way to a tourney (At my last post I was about halfway through) and I heard that you answered my question. Awesome. Hope the game evolves to that point sooner rather than later.

Darkurai

Smash Master
Nintendo of Europe think we're Geeks and Otakus for wanting more space on our Wiis and that we're a minority.

... yup.

They've actually said that.

Now to actually listen to the Podcast xD ~is a bit behind~ I just got a new computer so heh
Yet then the exact same guy announces that they are working on something to improve the storage problem.

Spork-Ninja-Draken

Smash Apprentice
Behold the back pedalling power of NoE.

"you're geeks and Otakus you're too unimportant for us to actually do this"

-later-

"Oh sorry about that I didn't mean it offensively! ho ho ho... oh by the way we're doing the Wii Storage fix thing now."

This is why I don't like NoE.... that and the enormous wait for Brawl. 4 days now.

@Cyberlink420: Lol I probably will turn it off... just right now it's not a problem so I'm fine. =)

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
The randomness has been in every Mario Kart, so why complain now?
It's gotten worse. From MK64, add the number of overpowered items vs the numbers of not. It's increased to the point the 'skill' items are outnumbered.

the main thing I'm annoyed with is the forced teams and time in battle mode. Not fun anymore.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
It's gotten worse. From MK64, add the number of overpowered items vs the numbers of not. It's increased to the point the 'skill' items are outnumbered.

the main thing I'm annoyed with is the forced teams and time in battle mode. Not fun anymore.
I love being in first, getting hit by three blue shells, and then watching a Bullet Bill or two fly by my now 9th place kart.

lumberheartwood

Smash Journeyman
I love being in first, getting hit by three blue shells, and then watching a Bullet Bill or two fly by my now 9th place kart.
Mwah ha ha!! That was me with the blue shells. X} Woohoo, you go Daisy and Baby Daisy and Peach and Baby Peach and of course you Rosalina! Watch out for my incoming attacks next time when online. ;)

DVD Smith

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, for episode #37 on itunes, is the show a repeat after about 90 min or so? This a glitch or does new material eventually show up? I'm listening to it right now and am quite confused by it repeating.
That's a glitch - the podcast shouldn't repeat itself (except when Panda goes on a tangent ;) ) It happened to me too a few months back. The only solution I found was to re-download the episode.

Top Bottom