• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SHOW ME YOUR NEWS! - Gaming News PODCAST (Ep. 76 OUT!, New WEBSITE and iTunes!)

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
I will do it the traditional way: Thank You Youko and Panda for the Entertainment for the oh so long updateless weekends. :p I hope to play you guys online sometime, but I think the lag would kill us. ^^

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
"Computers are either really stupid or have inhuman reflexes"

I don't have many friends who like Smash, so I often play against lvl 9 computers. I laughed so hard when I heard this because it is so true. I hope the computers are really better in brawl; with the online multiplayer I guess it won't be an issue for me anymore, though. Woot!
True story, my friends and I were bored so I was playing adventure on very hard with one life, and when you make it to fox, if you just walk over to the edge he won't move at all the whole match except for pokeballs. I thought it would go to overtime. just game over 0_0

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
wow, 35 weeks almost done. youko and panda, you have done quite a lot. i only wish you had used one of my brawl viewpoints :p

great job guys, thanks for keeping me sane while waiting for brawl!

Cyberlink420

Smash Ace
NNID
cyberlink420
3DS FC
1461-6271-9006
Just finished watching all the videos. Great stuff, guys, but I'm disappointed at the lack of love for 75m. You wouldn't believe how hard it's been to find ANY matches on that stage.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
If it helps keep you sane, I've played it three times now, and the delays were definitely worth it.

EDIT: cyber, just search "ssbb 75m", i was watching vid's of it today. theres one thats toon link vs snake on 75 m for sure if you search that.

Hillary

Smash Apprentice
Best podcast ever! Youko and Samurai Panda...you guys made great hosts to an epic podcast.

Without it to look forward to every week, brawl would've been that much longer of a wait.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
In case you can find it on the first post:

The IRC DETAILS for the final weekly episode of SMYN are in place!

Thursday, February 28th
7:00 PM - 9:00 PM?, Eastern Standard Time
irc.irchighway.net
#SMYN

Join us to ask live questions in the hopes of having your questions make it on the air for SUPER EXTENDED MAILTIME - LIVE!

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Yeah, there were some good suggestions, but if we did anything but IRC we'd be screwing over the people who don't go to SWF and just listen to SMYN through iTunes.

Tyrael64

Smash Journeyman
Clearly you aren't paying attention to iTunes, the first post of the thread, or wherever you get your SMYN fix from.
I DO pay attention to it, but last week's episode was only an hour, followed by badly-soundmixed video, and this week's episode seemed to consist entirely of an audio recording of you playing the game, not actually discussing anything. I will admit, though, that I didn't listen to the audio in its entirety. It got hard to hear above the clacking of controllers.

dude984

Smash Cadet
haha...sorry...but the easter egg with the "fat lady" flamer (won't mention his name, but he IS on smashboards) was just hilarious. And yes...it's pretty disgusting...kinda freaky...

yeah...googled it and his deviantart profile is much of the same too...eww...

in any case...awesome show again. Can't wait to see what the future will bring to the show!

-Dude984

Cyberlink420

Smash Ace
NNID
cyberlink420
3DS FC
1461-6271-9006
I DO pay attention to it, but last week's episode was only an hour, followed by badly-soundmixed video, and this week's episode seemed to consist entirely of an audio recording of you playing the game, not actually discussing anything. I will admit, though, that I didn't listen to the audio in its entirety. It got hard to hear above the clacking of controllers.
Look again; it only downloaded the most recent episode, which was the audio commentary from the video, whereas you didn't get the actual episode. Look in your podcast list again; there should be another episode (#34) that you haven't downloaded yet.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411

...Check the first post of the thread, please. That's all I will say.

greeneggsnsam

Smash Apprentice
In case you can find it on the first post:

The IRC DETAILS for the final weekly episode of SMYN are in place!

Thursday, February 28th
7:00 PM - 9:00 PM?, Eastern Standard Time
irc.irchighway.net
#SMYN

Join us to ask live questions in the hopes of having your questions make it on the air for SUPER EXTENDED MAILTIME - LIVE!
Poop, that's midnight for me, and I have college the next day. I just hope you get some witty questions to answer!

dude984

Smash Cadet
Youko...you ever consider talkshoe.com? You can broadcast live there and i think you can interact wiht the users as well...so it would actually be a live podcast...

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Yeah, there were some good suggestions, but if we did anything but IRC we'd be screwing over the people who don't go to SWF and just listen to SMYN through iTunes.

While it would be nice, this is the reason why we have to stick to IRC, regardless.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
I don't know if I'll jump in to the IRC chat, but I'm really looking forward to playing Youko and SamuraiPanda after the game is released!

Just ten more days...

Rhokk

Smash Apprentice
Under ur bed, steelin ur dust bunneez....in Utah
Horjay! I figgered out how to use IRC! It's incredibly simple and I feel like an idiot for now knowing what it was, but hoorah all the same!

Just finished listening to the audio of the fighting..I kinda had a lack of motivation to watch the videos on Youtube. Mostly just because I can listen to the audio whilst doing other things, and I'd actually have to sit down and watch 2 hours of footage.

Youko...you ever consider talkshoe.com? You can broadcast live there and i think you can interact wiht the users as well...so it would actually be a live podcast...
Could not they just type in their replies on the IRC chat whilst doing the Podcast? Or is that not considered as interacting? It'd be semi live, seeing as they'd be able to see our questions, and say they replied; but we wouldn't be able to see/hear the answers till the podcast was out.
But prehaps I don't really know what I'm talking about, and should promptly stop talking.

Deception

Smash Ace
Looks like it's time to boot up the old mIRC. I don't get why people you this, I've only used it a couple times before in an online tournament, and that was a year ago.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
I don't know how or why I remember this, but sometime in September (almost half a year ago), Youko said that he would do a "Youko Barbershop Quartet" of the Brawl theme when it came out on December 3rd. Well, it wasn't released on that day, but I hope that promise still stands. Considering episode 35 would be the last weekly one, I would love to hear it! :chuckle:

TheGlitchMaster

Smash Lord
hey youko, did i tell you that nowlive is free, and that people can call with their phones, and you can hear what they're saying? me thinks it's better than regular chat. if you want to hear a good ummm, demo... got to www.thepokemontimes.com and go to the wtpt live section.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411

Honestly, what is so unclear about this?

As for typing back, we won't really be doing that because we'll be busy answering the questions...

Silverline

Smash Apprentice
Since it turns out that making a thred for something as big as SMYN wasn't the right thing to do, I'm reposting this here.

With the final weekly podcast rushing towards us, I just wanted to take a moment to say thanks to Youko, SamuraiPanda, Gimpyfish, Buzzsaw, and everyone else who made Show Me Your News such a fantastic thing to listen to. Having only found it two weeks ago, it's my main reason for joining up with the smash forums, and more or less leaving Gamefaqs.

There was some fantastic things that we got to listen to as we all learned about Brawl, and while the podcast will continue, it will no longer be singularly about Brawl, which is still alright if we get to listen to Youko and Samurai as well as the others as well.

Really, this is nothing more then one of your guy's fans saying thank you for creating such a fantastic podcast and I wish you guys all the wins in Brawl as well as luck for the fututre!

Tyrael64

Smash Journeyman
Look again; it only downloaded the most recent episode, which was the audio commentary from the video, whereas you didn't get the actual episode. Look in your podcast list again; there should be another episode (#34) that you haven't downloaded yet.
Got it! Thanks a bunch! :chuckle:

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
I'm definitely looking forward to tonight. Hopefully we get some interesting, intriguing, and fun questions! This is all for you guys, the fans!

BlackKnight76

Smash Apprentice
Since it turns out that making a thred for something as big as SMYN wasn't the right thing to do, I'm reposting this here.

With the final weekly podcast rushing towards us, I just wanted to take a moment to say thanks to Youko, SamuraiPanda, Gimpyfish, Buzzsaw, and everyone else who made Show Me Your News such a fantastic thing to listen to. Having only found it two weeks ago, it's my main reason for joining up with the smash forums, and more or less leaving Gamefaqs.

There was some fantastic things that we got to listen to as we all learned about Brawl, and while the podcast will continue, it will no longer be singularly about Brawl, which is still alright if we get to listen to Youko and Samurai as well as the others as well.

Really, this is nothing more then one of your guy's fans saying thank you for creating such a fantastic podcast and I wish you guys all the wins in Brawl as well as luck for the fututre!
QFEpicT

10charizards

TheGlitchMaster

Smash Lord
you know, youko and samuraipanda brought most of us here....
thank you....brave knights of the roundtable....

Top Bottom