• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Should you or should not attack while being taunt ?

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
Charge a Smash, wait till then taunt ends, then release the Smash

miken1999

Smash Rookie
I did an experiment on Wifi about this.
Most of my opponents does not attack when I don't attack them during the taunt.
However on round that I did attack during their taunt they will return the favor - always.

professor mgw

Smash Champion
NNID
Prof3ssorMGW
if its some stupid comment like i did you or blhgxsuj, then im going to attack. i don't care if they attack me, as long as it's not a competitve battle.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Taunting is just like any other move in the game. You do it when it when you are open to do so. Just like any other move. If I'm facing a Jigglypuff who misses a rest I'm not going to just stand there until she wakes up. I will attack. No reason to think of it any different if someone taunts at the wrong moment.

I use taunting as a mind game all the time
Taunt in the middle of a battle, your opponent waits, you attack. If your opponent has momentum and all the sudden you taunt out of no where it could sometimes bring you back to the same level and shift the momentum. If you feel like being a cruel Jedi mind gamer taunting sometimes gets your opponent into the friendly atmosphere which gives you an advantage.

Tournament play, show no mercy.
But in friendlies there’s no need to be cruel.

TheBlossomingLily

Stitchface King
NNID
BlossomingLily
3DS FC
1736-0702-8981
Normally I'm fine with taunts...and it's nice to do as soon as a battle starts.

However, there was this one time during a Wi-Fi friend match when someone's taunt message said "Pikachu = N00B!"...

...I Quick-Attack Cancelled him to death

Shadow13

Smash Journeyman
IDK
me and my friend don't, but part of that is because my friend isn't that good and hardly ever beats me (since his bro is better and he uses Pikachu, so does my friend)
nah, i don't think it is bad, but if you want i guess it is a player's rule
granted, long taunts are risky if the enemy isn't already KO'd
remembered in Melee
hit, ohhhhhhhhh!
Yoshi!
(DK recovers)
OH SHI*!

JUDGE

Smash Lord
i never taunt
but if anyone taunt me like C.yes sonic peach or pit,
i would chase after them until they have a broken nose and a ****ing bloody face

Top Bottom