• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Should the Zelda and Sheik boards be merged?

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
In Melee, Sheik's Down-B was not a very viable move. Now it is. In Melee, nobody (disclaimer: may be exaggeration) dual-mained. Now people do. So, why do we have two separate boards for two characters that can, should be, and are played together as one?

And it would remove several double threads, such as this one: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=210522

So...good idea?

MRTW113

Smash Journeyman
The two are really pretty much 2 different characters and very different play styles. They should stay separate. And not to mention it would be a busy board if combined

Oh Snap

Smash Ace
NNID
iSwallow
I don't mind a busy board, but merging them would be too weird cuz there are Zelda's mains that don't give a crap about Shiek and vice versa.

Rapzz

Smash Rookie
Subforums, one for sheik, one for zelda, and one for dual users.

RedSnowman

Smash Apprentice
There is only so much a dual board could talk about though... I mean the Shiek board would be an in depth analysis of Shiek and the Zelda would be an in depth analysis of Zelda. Whenever I would want to learn more about one half of this character and how it does in certain matchups I could go to that board. I see no need to change things.

Bandit

Smash Lord
Yeah, I like the separate boards. I don't really use Sheik nor do I talk on the boards, so I'd rather not have a bunch of Sheik threads to sort through.

DarkThundah

Smash Apprentice
I think the way it is now is fine. They are two completely different characters and most people either play only as one or the other. It might be an interesting idea to have a dual sheik/Zelda board, but for the most part, for those who do use both you find that they use one heavily and the other sparingly in a given battle.

That is to say they main Zelda and use sheik as backup in certain match ups, or visa versa. So for that they can visit either the Zelda boards for a Zelda mainers perspective on how to use sheik or the sheik boards the a strategy for how incorporate Zelda into their game. So yeah I think the way it is now is fine.

Scott!

Smash Lord
They should stay separate. There are plenty of people out there who only play one or the other. I know I just can't play with Sheik at all. Perhaps one board or the other could have a sub-board for dual mainers, or maybe it could be jointly linked to both? Not sure if that would be able to work, but it seems like it might be best. Otherwise, I'd say just have a thread in each board about dual-maining and strategies for it.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
There are people who dual main. There are also tons who don't. No need to merge two boards. It would just clutter the place up. Plenty of players have no interest in reading about the other transformation of Zelda/Sheik.

D

Deleted member

There are people who dual main. There are also tons who don't. No need to merge two boards. It would just clutter the place up. Plenty of players have no interest in reading about the other transformation of Zelda/Sheik.
this

i play either zelda OR sheik, if i change during a match its because i tried something stupid and it didnt work /nub lol

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
this

i play either zelda OR sheik, if i change during a match its because i tried something stupid and it didnt work /nub lol
Yeah, if I transform, it's almost always because of a failed Din's Fire.

The thing is that while you can main both, they are still distinctly different characters. They play entirely different, their match-ups differ, their styles differ, how you control them differ. They are not more like each other than any two other randomly picked characters.

This is not like PT where if one dies, one respawns as the next Pokémon in lie or where you actually have to switch after 2 minutes unless you want to be saddled with a handicap. It is perfectly possible to main just one, in fact, many, many people main just one out of the two.

S2

Smash Lord
Most people who use both already know when to switch. That information is easily obtained through playing the game and reading up on both characters. There really is no need for a special board for players that use both characters. The amount of discussion on such a board would be limited. A single thread could probably list all of the advantages of choosing which character to use in a given situation.

Besides, as Yuna mentioned, you can easily play either Zelda or Sheik without ever touching the other.

-spAzn-

Smash Journeyman
Nah, I don't wanna have a similar scenerio where Sheik wasn't even confirmed for Brawl. Zomg! The chaos that was brought upon the Zelda boards with all the Sheik topics x_x. Ok maybe it wasn't that bad.... kinda XD

Flamingo

Smash Lord
maybe make a new board for dual mainers?
I agree. I play Sheik then go to zelda for the kill sometimes... And I have supported this on the Sheik side.. But they are not supportive of that idea at all... its really irritating.

Just because they prefer only to play the sheik side all the time doesnt mean that others dont... >.<

Also, how could it hurt adding boards for Zelda/Sheik... Thats the way it should have been originally IMO, for Zelda/Sheik HAVE A DOWN+B FOR A REASON. NOT USING IT IS WASTING A MOVE... Its like having... a move like... jigglypuff's sing (Up+B) and look where she is on the tier list xD (Thats just an example, personally I think tiers are for queers)

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Using both is certainly a popular strategy, but the characters are still radically different, and enough people main one exclusively to warrant having separate forums.

Top Bottom