• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Should roy have been on brawl?

Status
Not open for further replies.

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
true now plz close this thread ir only clutters the forums post this in FAQs or something ur new here so ill be tolerant but check the stckied threads on general disscusion thx u id apprciate it

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Roy sucks horribly. He's a bad character and never should have been playable in Smash.

No seriously, he's a terrible character in FE6 (from Japan on the GBA). There is nothing really remarkable about him that really is deserving of a place in Smash. The reason Marth is in, he's the first FE lord. Win. Reason Ike can be in? He made internationally TWICE, and he's an excellent character in both FE9 and FE10, which are on the GCN and Wii respectively.

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
Roy sucks horribly. He's a bad character and never should have been playable in Smash.

No seriously, he's a terrible character in FE6 (from Japan on the GBA). There is nothing really remarkable about him that really is deserving of a place in Smash. The reason Marth is in, he's the first FE lord. Win. Reason Ike can be in? He made internationally TWICE, and he's an excellent character in both FE9 and FE10, which are on the GCN and Wii respectively.
Roy.. Was in to promote his game in japan, If it werent for Roy, Marth (would have had less of a chance, but still would have a chance) wouldnt have been in. FE Would never have been brought to America, we wouldent have Marth in brawl. Roy may not have been a good character, but he set the way for alot of things.

Ike is better IMO more of a diffrence. less of a clone. way cooler.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Roy.. Was in to promote his game in japan, If it werent for Roy, Marth (would have had less of a chance, but still would have a chance) wouldnt have been in. FE Would never have been brought to America, we wouldent have Marth in brawl. Roy may not have been a good character, but he set the way for alot of things.

Ike is better IMO more of a diffrence. less of a clone. way cooler.
That's not true at all. If it weren't for Roy we would've had Sigurd! Roy's game was never brought to America in the first place and was only advertised in Japan. And it was largely Marth's popularity that brought them over, not Roy's. If Sigurd had gotten in instead, we may have had Marth's remake sooner, instead of getting a prequel to Roy's game. Don't ever try to bundle Roy and Marth together, be it in terms of popularity, series importance, ect. Marth is leagues above Roy in the Fire Emblem world.

P.S. Stop making these threads everywhere.

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
That's not true at all. If it weren't for Roy we would've had Sigurd! Roy's game was never brought to America in the first place and was only advertised in Japan. And it was largely Marth's popularity that brought them over, not Roy's. If Sigurd had gotten in instead, we may have had Marth's remake sooner, instead of getting a prequel to Roy's game. Don't ever try to bundle Roy and Marth together, be it in terms of popularity, series importance, ect. Marth is leagues above Roy in the Fire Emblem world.

P.S. Stop making these threads everywhere.
Im Not Bundleing Roy and Marth's popularity together at all. Roy helped bring FE to America.

I explained above. and I'll do a shorter version now.

Roy = In for promotion (In Japan, out of Japan, who cares he was in to promote)

Marth = In with Roy.

Marth and Roy in SSBM = SSBM was released in america, with *** only FE Characters.

These Characters were really popular (The Truth is, Roy is/was popular among the casuals. smashboards isnt the entire world y'know) = FE Games in America.

Roy = Helped FE come to Amercia (So did marth)

That = Had Marth in Brawl, because FE was more popular.

JoJoRukus

Smash Apprentice
I don't think they should have kept Roy as he was. Then again, there are fun times to play as Roy, and there are components that make him pretty cool, such as the final effect of his Flare Blade. However, I think it was mainly due to the fact that his game wasn't too popular, and nor was he. But if they really go all out with characters in SSB4, I won't throw a tantrum if I see Roy again.

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
I don't think they should have kept Roy as he was. Then again, there are fun times to play as Roy, and there are components that make him pretty cool, such as the final effect of his Flare Blade. However, I think it was mainly due to the fact that his game wasn't too popular, and nor was he. But if they really go all out with characters in SSB4, I won't throw a tantrum if I see Roy again.
If theres a SSB4. ofcourse, the disapointment with the roster may lead Sakurai (or somebody else? Like a right hand man?) To make a SSB4. they already know it'd sell

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Im Not Bundleing Roy and Marth's popularity together at all. Roy helped bring FE to America.

I explained above. and I'll do a shorter version now.

Roy = In for promotion (In Japan, out of Japan, who cares he was in to promote)

Marth = In with Roy.

Marth and Roy in SSBM = SSBM was released in america, with *** only FE Characters.

These Characters were really popular (The Truth is, Roy is/was popular among the casuals. smashboards isnt the entire world y'know) = FE Games in America.

Roy = Helped FE come to Amercia (So did marth)

That = Had Marth in Brawl, because FE was more popular.
Well actually it goes more like this.

Marth=In for popularity, series importance, fisrt lord, ect.

Sigurd=Originally planned to be Marth clone, but taken out for Roy

Roy=Replaced Sigurd for advertising. In with Marth.

Marth and Roy were originally planned to be taken out of the American version of Melee, but were kept in because of how popular they were (and in Japan, Marth, not Roy, was the more popular of the two. Bishounen is a very popular style for protagonists there)

Marth and Roy very popular in SSBM=Localization to america.

While I do give credit to Roy for being popular in america among casuals, Marth would've been in regardless. And Sigurd would've been a much cooler inclusion anyway, but after FE5 being the hardest game in the series, it became important to have advertising for the up comming FE game and get more support (to replace those dettered by FE5's relentless difficulty). Marth and Sigurd could've easily localized FE anyway, and then we would've had a different game for FE7 that Japan might not have hated.

Charlesz

Smash Champion

You said it. Amen.

Okysho

Smash Ace
I have a huge problem with comparing Marth with Roy. People think that because they were in the same smash bros game and that they're from the same series that they are SO CLOSELY RELATED. It's not true and it really bugs me that people think that. Marth and Roy are far too different...

also, this isn't the roy boards... take this somewhere else...

Senshuu

Smash Journeyman
I used to like Roy. And then I hated him. (In Melee, that is. Haven't played any FE yet.)

I do see it as Ike has taken his place, as a much better and more interesting character.

wasnt Roy the main character and Marth the clone. I remember it was sorta like that in the FE series in japan too
Um, no. You unlocked Roy by beating Classic with Marth, so Marth came first. Marth was the original Fire Emblem lord, and Roy wasn't even in a game before Melee. And why would Marth return then instead of Roy?

Doodx

Smash Journeyman
Because you touch yourself at night.

Seriously, Roy was an unpopular clone that nobody really knew beforehand anyway. He wasn't important to his series either. You should feel very lucky he was even in Melee. And this isn't a Roy forum.
actualy roy was very popular among the 'noobs' and his game was 3rd most selling fe game with about 500k. What if sigurd was the clone? would u hate sigurd just like u hate roy? i dont see why u hate roy that much cuz he did look pretty cool although it was a mistake to release his game after melee came out. it was a big risk that they shouldnt have taken.
Dont misunderstand me but those are my thoughts for roy

btw mods pls move this thread

supervirus_95

Smash Rookie
i hope that they put roy in ssbb because he was awesome in ssbm!!!!Why couldnt they just bring him back...give him a couple of new fire attacks and be done with it!!i dont know if they have enough time though... or in case they move the due date over a little tiny bit just so mutch to fit roy in!!!

technomancer

Smash Champion
Ike is like Roy got on the show "Pimp My Roy" with Xzibit and they hooked him up with speakers and a better Double Edge Dance

Xyn

Smash Cadet
roy was a very good fun-char
i will miss his voice and the red hair T.T

Starry Might

Smash Journeyman
I'm not a Roy user (my Dad has used him, though), and he didn't turn me on like Marth, but I thought he was an alright and cool guy in "Melee", and even though I know he got cut for a reason (he basically existed to promote a then-upcoming "Fire Emblem" game that sold well but left its players cold), I actually feel kinda sorry for him. :urg:

Dream Chaser

Smash Journeyman
Should Roy have been in brawl? Nah, Eliwood or Ephriam. Or Hector. Or Lyn... they'll only use lords :(
Joshua, Nergal, Wallace, for brawl.

Maybe the entire cast should be a different class battler :p nah thats silly

I woulnt mind a FE smash bros.

alchfilosofer

Smash Ace

I woulnt mind a FE smash bros.
may God/Nintendo hear you, may they heayou (hell whit, bow users, swordsmans, thiefs, sages, shamans, axes, mankamutes, lagus, pegasus/wirens, holy weapons... in the FE saga, it should be easy (not to mention, i would have the chance to kick *** whit sigurd)).

Zodiac

Smash Master
YES! I heard the us version was having mewtwo and roy as exclusives and they would be dlc for japan

smash64

Smash Champion
yeah i really do thing so i mean if they gonna have Fox,Falco and Wolf from star Fox ect.. then why not have Ike,Marth and Roy from Fire Emblem huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom