• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Should King Dedede's infinite chaingrab be banned?

Should King Dedede's infinite chaingrab be banned?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
I have groped more straight guys (some of them with their girlfriends' consent) than most people went to high school with and never been punched for it.

Trust me, there's a lot for you to be scared ****less about. That hot maybe Chinese, maybe Japanese, maybe 15 hot girl you might meet sometime in future tournaments? I could very well be me.

The bolded part frightens me because my girlfriend is probably part of such a group.
Don't worry Yuna I'll give you a punch in the face if you grope me. ^_^

i think this topic has served its purpose correct? I suggest locking it since all the arguments will simply be repeated.

Oracle

Smash Master
Yuna, Yuna, Yuna. your closing in on 10,000 posts. dont you think you should relax a little. take a break. count to 10 and go and actually PLAY the game instead of making posts about it.

PIKACHU's chain grab on fox eventually ends around 90% while D3's chaingrab on DK and Bowser is INFINITE all the way to 999%. GAY!~! the problem w/ this community is that, no1 wants to be challenged. evry1 wants to be able to win COMPETITIVE matches EASILY. they want to reduce brawl to 3-5 characters like melee was. SO THEN what the hell was the point in including 34 some odd characters in a game. If that's the case then everyone from smashboards forums should just email the smash team to not include any new characters for the next title, INSTEAD start to delete the characters that CANT be used cuz they get eaten up so bad by the BUL7$H1T thats allowed.

o wait...is this gonna shoot back too, well not evry1 buys the game for competitive purposes. well we dont fall under that category. ban D3's chaingrab PERIOD. he's already ridiculous as it is.
Lol scrub post.
It basically translates to "You all are just too lazy to lean to win without cheating"

I'm 6-5 200 :(
I feel fat.

I'd date yuna if he really looks like a hot girl.
But that post still made me sh** my pants in fear.

Sesshomuronay

Smash Lord
Hyrule is incredible for stalling. Haven't you done 1 vs. 1 fights there? Not only can people run from you, but they can also stay in the Cave of Life and keep hitting the airdodge button when they get hit to live up to ridiculous damages. It's stalling heaven. Stalling is banned. The characters with a camping advantage as it stands are now given an extreme advantage, but it's pretty much stalling by that point.
Yea but stalling was banned because it was a ******** tactic that made it no fun. Stalling is clearly the best thing to do in a tournament but it was banned because it was cheap. The infinate should be banned because it is also cheap.

XxBlackxX

Smash Ace
Yea but stalling was banned because it was a ******** tactic that made it no fun. Stalling is clearly the best thing to do in a tournament but it was banned because it was cheap. The infinate should be banned because it is also cheap.
lol no.
stalling was NOT banned because it was "cheap" or "gay" or "********" or "unfair" or whatever else. it was banned because competitive play would OVER-CENTRALIZE around stalling!

don't you see it? you would basically have to "pick character good at stalling, tag and stall for rest of the match or you would LOSE".

stalling/IDC is NOT comparable to the infinites at all, which doesn't over-centralize because it's not universal.

also, "cheap" and all the words mentioned are completely subjective. i think wolf is "cheap" because of his bair (not really it's just an example), does that mean we should ban it? because some random person thinks wolf is cheap?

Sesshomuronay

Smash Lord
lol no.
stalling was NOT banned because it was "cheap" or "gay" or "********" or "unfair" or whatever else. it was banned because competitive play would OVER-CENTRALIZE around stalling!

don't you see it? you would basically have to "pick character good at stalling, tag and stall for rest of the match or you would LOSE".

stalling/IDC is NOT comparable to the infinites at all, which doesn't over-centralize because it's not universal.
Yea but it was banned like you said because you had to pick a stalling character or lose. For DK you have to counterpick or lose which is kinda the same thing. I'll say broken then dedede's infinate is broken enough to force you to change characters so it should be banned.

ftl

Smash Journeyman
For DK you have to counterpick or lose which is kinda the same thing.
No. There are thirty-four other characters for you to play, including a few which have the advantage against DDD. It doesn't overcentralize the game around any one of them.

I'll say broken then dedede's infinate is broken enough to force you to change characters so it should be banned.
Lots of matchups are this game are so broken that it's better to switch characters than to try. DDD vs Bowser isn't an infinite CG, but it's still that bad. Fox has a few. Lucas/Ness have their grab shenanigans. MK shuts down some characters pretty badly.

XxBlackxX

Smash Ace
Yea but it was banned like you said because you had to pick a stalling character or lose. For DK you have to counterpick or lose which is kinda the same thing. I'll say broken then dedede's infinate is broken enough to force you to change characters so it should be banned.
lol no. stop making insane arguments which were addressed many times already.
fox vs. pika forces you to change characters as well. so does...say....ZSS vs. fox if you want a legit chance of winning. hell, for that matter, so does MK vs. CF.

let's ban all those, amirite?

look, CP'ing is PART of competitive gaming. if you don't like switching to a characters other than your main/fav character to give yourself a better chance at winning, then quit competitive gaming. seriously. >_>

again, what part of....if it doesn't fit the criteria, don't ban it....don't you understand?

Oracle

Smash Master
Yuna is gay?
Apparently.

My criteria is different than yours.

And something doesnt have to overcentralise the metagame to be banworthy.
You called something cheap. I really don't want to respond to your argument. But I will anyways.

It is in no way cheap. Don't get grabbed. Play an air heavy game. It has counters.
If it's D3 vs. Bowser, the bowser can still win. It's just improbable. It is in no way auto win.
You can simply counterpick if you don't want that big of a disadvantage. That's the whole reason why we made counterpicking a rule.

Whoa I didn't even know duhduhduh (just a nickname me and my friends have for dedede) could do this that's crazy!

XxBlackxX

Smash Ace
My criteria is different than yours.

And something doesnt have to overcentralise the metagame to be banworthy.
*sigh*

yeah, this is part where i point out that "my" criteria was the criteria almost all competitive fighting games used in the past(and worked and worked well) and ask you to prove why your criteria is better than mine because they can't co-exist, (because you do have the burden of proof) blah, blah....
and you would either
a. strawman me
b. continue with your "infinites r too broken!" argument and ignore this post completely
or c. call me an idiot

or are you gonna be different from the other guys and actually argue this?

Sesshomuronay

Smash Lord
lol no. stop making insane arguments which were addressed many times already.
fox vs. pika forces you to change characters as well. so does...say....ZSS vs. fox if you want a legit chance of winning. hell, for that matter, so does MK vs. CF.

let's ban all those, amirite?
This is about dededes infinate not those ones. I agree my arguments are bad and if it wasnt on characters I use I probably wouldnt care/be on anti bans side. So lets hurry up and ban.

IrArby

Smash Ace
Yuna is gay?
Yes and Asian. A Gaysian if you will. (no disrespect guys just in case this comes across as mean. Sometimes my sense of humor is irrespective of boundaries and I've never really talked to you guys so what your senses of humor and/or boundaries are like are currently unbeknownst to me.) I think its a funny term. I know of only one other Gaysian.

Its crazy to find out how many 6Ft/200lb + people are in this thread. I don't sweat most big guys though. Thats why I keep a nice thick piano leg in my car. True story.

I don't know how to feel about this thread. I kinda don't want to argue the same stuff anymore since I feel the AntiBans have more or less won (no offense to anyone) but I find telling people about how tall I am IRL or how I have a piano leg/club behind the front seat of my car (really I do) to be less thrilling than debating smash. We (or I at least) need new stuff to discuss/debate/b*itch at people about. Or at least thats how I feel at the moment.

XxBlackxX

Smash Ace
This is about dededes infinate not those ones. I agree my arguments are bad and if it wasnt on characters I use I probably wouldnt care/be on anti bans side. So lets hurry up and ban.
congrats on picking option a: strawmanning me!

ok, either way, your post made me completely want to stop arguing you because you're obviously an idiot. have a good day sir.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Ok, this thread is done.

First off, I would like to thank everyone who took part in the discussion. I read every page and I'm sure a lot of people learned many things from this. The topic has degenerated in spam however and I have been handing out infractions far to often. You guys are starting to discuss the same things over and over.

Again, thank you for all the amazing posts. I enjoyed reading them. Feel free to continue discussion on DDD's infinite CG or any other CG in the stickied Official Chaingrabbing thread. It might be a good idea to keep this thread bookmarked to refer people who want to know more on the DDD infinite.

-Hylian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom