• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Should Home Schooling be allowed or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Networking? By that, are you saying that home-schooled students can't apply, or meet some recruiters in real life?

No, absolutely not. They have just as much of a chance if not more of being accepted than a public school student.

|RK|

Smash Marketer
I'm saying that there is a higher chance of public school students meeting random people in school with connections. Also, public schools have job fairs, potential employers visit their classes, and much more opportune chances to get ahead in the business world.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Networking? By that, are you saying that home-schooled students can't apply, or meet some recruiters in real life?

No, absolutely not. They have just as much of a chance if not more of being accepted than a public school student.
Do tell Straked, I would love to know how a home schooling child would have a bettter chance of being accepted than a child coming from a public school?

I say otherwise for one basic reason.

Narukari said:
While being public schooled might be better for a child statisticly. I don't think we should force every parent to send their kids to public school. Thats one of the reasons why they can teach topics that not all parents agree with. If they disagree strongly in what is being taught in schools, it's always their option to home-school their child.
What if the parents don't like what everything about a certain curriculum, they could not teach you that. If I was a person trying to decide who to admit to my university I would most likely go for the people that I KNOW have a good base knowledge, not the iffy ones taught by their parents. Sorry if that offended anyone

Narukari

Smash Journeyman
When you are home schooled you still have to fulfill a curriculem that is set by the school district. It isn't a free for all for the parent to teach a child that 1+1=3.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
I meant like Christian parents not teaching certain parts of Science. Stuff like that would hinder your knowledge so I figure that universities would look at your background information and realize that there might be some troubles later on if you want to do anything that requires a higher than 30 level science.

Narukari

Smash Journeyman
I meant like Christian parents not teaching certain parts of Science. Stuff like that would hinder your knowledge so I figure that universities would look at your background information and realize that there might be some troubles later on if you want to do anything that requires a higher than 30 level science.
Since the children are tested to make sure they are keeping up with curriculum, parents can't just decide to not teach their child anything. They have to learn everything that the school board requires of the public schools. They will supply the teaching materials to the parents, and the parents will teach their children.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom