• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Should characters in Brawl have personalized Entrances again?

Enlong

Smash Journeyman
Okay, bit of history in case someone doesn't know. In the original SSB, all the characters had personalized entrances (Mario coming out of a warp-pipe, the pokemon bursting out of pokeballs, Ness teleporting, etc.) that would mark them appearing onto the stage just before the match started. And they were all pretty cool.

But in Melee, that was dropped. All characters materialized in exactly the same way, in the exact same flash of white light, and I remember thinking to myself "wait, what happened here?"

Call me old-fashioned, but I'd like to see the personal entrances make a comeback in Brawl, as it'd add that little extra bit of flavor to the game. What do you all think?

GreenMarth

Smash Apprentice
yeah i thought of that too, i played ssb64 the other day and noticed that i think it would be great to have those back it would be interesting to see all the different ones

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure this has been done before, somewhere in the other Brawl forum.

However I agree, it was a nice touch from the origional game and I was dissapointed that it wasn't in melee. But I assume they must've had a reason for taking it out, so I'm not expecting it's return.

Enlong

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I figure there must've been some reason, but I can hope, right?

(possibe Entrance for Peach; she steps out of a door to Subcon)

Tera253

Smash Ace
if that's the case, Wario could come in on his motorcycle, and Snake could jump out of his box.
~Tera253~

Enlong

Smash Journeyman
Well, by that token, then SSB would've been limp dolls coming to life, rather then the entrances they had. I dunno what the materializing light thing was supposed to be, myself.

(Pit's entrance. He appears in a flash of golden light, and a flurry of feathers. Meta Knight's Entrance. He throws back his cape and reveals his formerly invisible self.)

And thanks for taking the time to comment on my first thread guys. I mean it.

Elec Man EXE

Smash Apprentice
They definately should add back entrances. Adds more personality to the characters, plus its a lot cooler than everyone just kind of appearing there (though some would just appear there :p).

Enlong

Smash Journeyman
that will be pretty nice addition!

hmm..what will Link's entrance be like ??
It was the blue teleport light from OoT, but considering the look has changed to that of Twilight Princess, I'm guessing that twilight materialization thing where black squares float down and form Link from the boots up, bit by bit.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Hmm, yeah, I definitely missed those. Not only for the reasons of coolness and personality, but also because it left you more time to prepare for the battle, knowing exactly where you would be and where your enemies start, which is harder when the start of the battle is so short. Of course, after a while you know where you start in a stage, but it can still be confusing in FFAs and stuff.
And entrances are awesome, dammit!

I wasn't too fond of the Pokeball entrances, though... wouldn't make sense for Mewtwo at all, too. I guess Mewtwo would just teleport there and maybe cast a bit of an evil laugh or so...

Bowser could appear in a pillar of fire................. or just come Bowser-Bomb-plummeting from the sky. WHOMP. ^^

Now what about the Fire Emblem guys? Any ideas?

Also, whichever admin closes this gets no cookies.

Caael

Smash Lord
I imagine Ganondorf riding past on his demon horse and jumping off. Bowser would like.... appear in a burst of flames. FE characters can be dropped off by a horse character( Cavalier, Troubadour) Zelda would use Nayru's love to teleport in. Ridley would fly in. Yoshi would burst out of an egg.

awesome

Smash Apprentice
...I dunno what the materializing light thing was supposed to be, myself.
That would be the trophies coming to life, just like in the introductory video, only faster. That's why they have the stands attached to their feet.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Actually it just occured to me... personalized entrances might be *necessary*. Might.
If you're playing against a random person online, perhaps you won't even know who you're up against and maybe the stage will be chosen at random.
In that case, it would be beneficial to at least have every character be shown once as they enter to give players a second to prepare mentally...
Just a thought...

Enlong

Smash Journeyman
Here's some ideas for entrances.

Bowser: Three glorious words, my friends. Koopa Clown Car.
Ganondorf: Either the Twilight digitization-type warp, or a flash of dark fire.
Zelda: Song Warping like in OoT
Kirby: Flies in on a Warp-star
Samus: Flies in on the Gunship, and flips out of it, or materializes from a number of samus-colored orbs, like in Prime2
and so on, and so on. Just ask me about other characters, and I'll come up with an entrance.

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
Should personalized entrances be brought back?

HECK YEAH!!! It gave you a sense of acknowledgement of "here I am now lets fight!" and UMPH! Plus it gave you time to get ready. Rather than just have you get ready in a short time. All in all it was just plain cool. When I first played Melee and saw it was just simple-same entrances I was somewhat dissappointed... oh well. I can live without it but it sure would make Brawl a little more appealing with it. All I can do is hope ^_^

There are more importing things that should be implemented in the game but that little detail that was taken out from the 64 version should be brought back.

Yeah that is true Paranoid Android and why I also believed why SSBM didn't have the personal entrances.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
^^^^ Point proven. It simmply rocked, though I feel it should be a option to switch between the way it was in SSB 64 and in Melee. That would simply rock, and would make me pretty happy!

if that's the case, Wario could come in on his motorcycle, and Snake could jump out of his box.
~Tera253~
Lol, Wario rides his motorcycle and crashes (like the 1st trailer, minus the gas), and Snake coming out of his box would be pretty funny. I wonder wat Pit or Mk's would look like=?

Actually it just occured to me... personalized entrances might be *necessary*. Might.
If you're playing against a random person online, perhaps you won't even know who you're up against and maybe the stage will be chosen at random.
In that case, it would be beneficial to at least have every character be shown once as they enter to give players a second to prepare mentally...
Just a thought...
Ya I thought of that too, but I figured it should be (along with many aspects of the game) a option, a very nice option at that. It could prepare you mentally and would be a awsome feature to online, and would be neat.

Plus if the whole entrance was bigger and longer than in SSB 64, that would be pretty nice (ie: Fox jumps out of his Arwing, Link warps and pulls out his blade). That would be pretty awsome IMO! :)

GreenMamba

Smash Journeyman
I'm going to take a wild guess and say they'll return on the grounds that SSBM was rushed as hell, and they didn't have time to implement character entrances, but would have liked to.
Melee wasn't "rushed as hell" in any sense of the phrase.

MeloDeath

Smash Apprentice
But i fear SSBB will be rushed as hell. seriously... production only started two years ago, and the character roster will be containing about 40 characters.
They got a big team now (+- 40 dudes), but i doubt if that's enough.
I'm not being pessimistic or whatever, i just dont think they have time to worry about little details like this, i'd rather see them balance the game, like they couldn't really do for SSBM.

Other than the fact that i think it is not in any way a priority in the game's production, i think its a neat idea, and would like to see it return.

But i also think that daydreaming about minor things that will likely not be included, can only result in being disappointed about a game that hopefully be even better than SSBM.

Enlong

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, but I can hope, right? If it's iin, I'll be all, "yay! Must use all characters to see all entrances!", and if it's not, I'll be all "Sweet! I have SSBB!"

So it's win-win, really.

MeloDeath

Smash Apprentice
true for some.
I will of course buy SSBB, but i sort of have to contain the urge to expect perfection.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Why should we settle for anything less than perfection?

Hey!! Sakurai!! Sell your soul and become omnipotent or something!!

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Why should we settle for anything less than perfection?

Hey!! Sakurai!! Sell your soul and become omnipotent or something!!
^^^^ exaclty! This is one of the most awaited games of all time, and so wat if the team only contains 50 or so people, that is the average sized team, lol. Plus they were personally picked by the greatest game maker ever, Miyamoto and HAL Labratories have been working along side the SSBB team (Game Freak too probably).

I think SSBB will be one fo the closest things to perfection video games has or will ever see. Nintendo isn't going to rush thier biggest title (probably the biggest Wii title), because they have a huge 3rd party support, along with two big games coming out: Super Mario Galazy and Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, so perfection is simply expected.

GreenMamba

Smash Journeyman
That is quite possibly the most glaring example of getting oneself over hyped for something I have seen in quite a while.

El HP

Smash Ace
The personalized entrances were a nice detail so it would be good if they make a return I want to see Wario riding his motorcycle.

Tera253

Smash Ace
Here's some ideas for entrances.
Bowser: Three glorious words, my friends. Koopa Clown Car.
^AGREED!!!^
anyhoot, correct Tera if she's wrong,. but SSB came out in April '99, whilst SSBM came out in December '01. that's about (give or take a day) 28 months. Tera's pretty sure that right after they gave the US of A the game that they were like "hey, let's make a sequel."
WITH THAT IN MIND...
If production for SSBB started in October '05, and was released, say, November '07, that would only be 25 months. that is no rush compared to the other game.
as far as personal appearance go, (back in topic)
Bowser: already defined. (3 words: Koopa Clown Car)
Peach: DNDC (don't know don't care)
Mario/Luigi/(Doc?): the pipe.
DK: the barrel. nothing more is necessary.
Zelda clan: DNDC
Samus/ZSS: SSB?
Yoshi: the egg
Kirby/Meta-: warp star! those pwn n00bs.
Fox/Falco: ARWINGS!!!
Pikachu/Pichu/Jiggs: Pokeballs
Mewtwo: Master ball ("only way to catch him")
C. Falcon: F-ZERO racer
Ness: PK explosion (same way as SSB)
G&W: steps out of a game and Watch? (dunno)
ICS: DNDC
Fire Emblem crew: DNDC
Wario: the motorcycle! he must use the motorcycle!
Snake: the box. the box could easily also pwn n00bs
Pit: dunno. in Kid Icarus, he just 'appeared'.

~Tera253~

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
I was under theimpression that they left out personalized entrances in Melee so matches would start up quickly and painlessly. In SSB, you'd have to wait for every character's differently long intro to play out.

It's not a big deal, and I don't really care either way, but I think I prefer the Melee version.

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
Yeah, I think they should leave them out, they're cool to watch once, but after watching 100 games in tournaments it gets annoying.

if you could turn them off, then yes.

but, it's kind of a waste of time, if they spent all the time to instead make a new character, I'll prefer that

Cenedar

Smash Ace
Given, the entrances in Melee were quicker and more streamlined. But I still wouldn't mind seeing the personalized entrances back in SSBB. I remember the first time I played SB64 and chose Mario as my guy. Seeing him come out of the pipe and seeing Fox fly in on his arwing made me smile. ALOT. lol

I think they should be back in if only because Meta-Knight is too awesome to have the same entrance as everyone else. :cool:

Here are some ideas:
Mario: Bring back the pipe! Or else fly in with the cape from Super Mario World
Fox: Arwing, duh
Snake: Snake needs to come out of his box. There is no arguing the point.
Pokemon: With the exception of Mewtwo (who I actually want to return), they should just ccome out of the Pokeballs as normal. I think Mewtwo should enter in a flash of dark flame. it would jusr scream, "I'm here, fear me b****es."
Meta-Knight: Warp Star... or if he's too cool to copy Kirby, then fly in with those awesome wings.
Pit: Sent down from the sky in a beam of light.
Link: Materialization/warp from Twilight Realm, as a wolf that turns into Link!
Wario: Crash the motorcycle, because we all love laughing at his expense.

And now for a little fan speculation: If Sonic does make it in (I'm not saying he will, but IF he does), I personally want to see him land on the stage as Super Sonic before transforming back, like his entrance in Sonic 3.

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
^^^^ exaclty! This is one of the most awaited games of all time, and so wat if the team only contains 50 or so people, that is the average sized team, lol. Plus they were personally picked by the greatest game maker ever, Miyamoto and HAL Labratories have been working along side the SSBB team (Game Freak too probably).

I think SSBB will be one fo the closest things to perfection video games has or will ever see. Nintendo isn't going to rush thier biggest title (probably the biggest Wii title), because they have a huge 3rd party support, along with two big games coming out: Super Mario Galazy and Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, so perfection is simply expected.
Yeah, because if it sucks it will probably be the the biggest dissapointment in Nintendo's (if not the entire video game world's) history. Sakurai and his team should be smart enough that with will be one of the most anticipated games ever,so know to get it right.

Anyway, On topic: the entraces would be sweet to return. Meta knight could pop up with cape, or dropped off with his ship. Krystal could dropped by a pterodactyl, the Mach Rider could crash in on his bike,the possibilities are endless!

the-chosen-one

Smash Rookie
i should be great with there own entrances but then they have to put in the option to turn it on/off or just to press the start button to skip it and i hope they put endings for the characters and a new Adventure mode , and something like that you can earn coins in fights to buy new arena's / costumes / items / trophies / stuff like that

ZM2004

Smash Journeyman
Although I do like the entrances, I would prefer them to leave them out. I think the reason they were left out of Melee in the first place was the change of tone. SSB had a more comical tone than Melee, and the entrances probably didn't suit well for Melee. In a way, brawl does look like it will be more comic than Melee (which upsets me a little), so they could bring the entrances back.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
I think they should! I remember back to those entrances, they were pretty neat! :)

But I wonder if they'll be too distracting...

Top Bottom