• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Should characters in Brawl have personalized Entrances again?

The Director

Smash Lord
Yes! Bring back the entrances! The possibilities of what you can do with them is almost endless. It gives the characters individuality. That's good!

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
For anyone who doesn't want them in, remember SSB 64? Those entrances were short, fun, funny, and cool! Make them like that, have it as a option to switch between the personal entrances and the SSBM way, and there will be nothing wrong. The indiividual entances always made me happy, and they were cool as heck!

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
For anyone who doesn't want them in, remember SSB 64? Those entrances were short, fun, funny, and cool! Make them like that, have it as a option to switch between the personal entrances and the SSBM way, and there will be nothing wrong. The indiividual entances always made me happy, and they were cool as heck!
And On/Off Entrance option! Of course! Why didn't I think of that! BRILLANT!

I hope they're thinking of that.

plasman

Smash Apprentice
If the entrances were brought back they could alter it slightly in that all the players would enter simultaneously and not one at a time like in SSB. That way they could either use the same start-up time from Melee or slightly lengthen it to accomodate (not TOO much longer though).

Thinking about this got me thinking about other fighting games where when certain characters were pitted against each other there was a unique match entrance (Like Iori and Kyo from SNK for example). I realize this is all wishful thinking but to just imagine unique entrances with character's whose stories intertwine is nice. Like say a Link and Ganondorf (assuming he makes the cut) match starts up: instead of a usual entrance where the two would enter at their starting place, maybe start in the middle with with their swords together up in eachother's face then jumping back to their starting position. Then just for a little flavor there could already be a little "stage" damage % applied to each but before the match starts Link pops a Fairy out and Ganondorf does something to replenish that theatrical % damage before the match starts. Fun to imagine but I really don't think it's going to happen.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
And On/Off Entrance option! Of course! Why didn't I think of that! BRILLANT!

I hope they're thinking of that.
I like lots of options, features, modes, and choices, and this is no exception. If this was the case, with a on/off switch, there is no need to be against it. It would simply please everyone=:)

tshahi10

Smash Ace
yes, it would be nice.
DUH everyone is gonna say that or just avoid this topic. basically biased

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
yes, it would be nice.
DUH everyone is gonna say that or just avoid this topic. basically biased
no because if you want the personal entrances on, you'll have it on. If you don't want it on, you won't have it on. If you are somewere in the middle, then you'll switch between the two. Despite how nice this would be I have a neat question to ask: What would you want more if you could only have one. A SSB 64 entrance (personal entrance), or a SSBM entrance=?

I'll have to go with the SSB 64 entrance just because it is awsome, and makes me happy, plus...well, it's cool! :)

chubb-o-wub

Smash Journeyman
Oh, how I missed that so! Ganandorf could enter inside a pillar of dark magic bursting from the ground. Link/YLink could teleport in using the Ocarina of Time.

Finigin

Smash Cadet
I actually missed the intros in Melee. I thought that the intros were one of the coolest things about the original. :3 Though, if they put them back in I think I can live... Barely. XP

Cenedar

Smash Ace
On/Off option... brilliant! Everybody is happy now lol. I personally would play with them on, but hey, that's me.

Another Idea:

Samus: Beamed down from spaceship in MP3.

mangler

Smash Cadet
no because if you want the personal entrances on, you'll have it on. If you don't want it on, you won't have it on. If you are somewere in the middle, then you'll switch between the two. Despite how nice this would be I have a neat question to ask: What would you want more if you could only have one. A SSB 64 entrance (personal entrance), or a SSBM entrance=?

I'll have to go with the SSB 64 entrance just because it is awsome, and makes me happy, plus...well, it's cool! :)
i agree. and ryu haibausa (guy from ninja gaiden) should also be in ssbb :laugh:

Andromeda

Smash Lord
I don't know if anyone here has posted this comment before but I think that the personal entrances was removed because the "new" ones in Melee was a lot more faster (?) and gave the game an higher tempo. But yes, I think they should put it in again. Or at least an On/Off-function.

awesome

Smash Apprentice
If the entrances were brought back they could alter it slightly in that all the players would enter simultaneously and not one at a time like in SSB. That way they could either use the same start-up time from Melee or slightly lengthen it to accomodate (not TOO much longer though).
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I do remember starting some matches in SSB64 in which everyone entered simultaneously, not staggered.
Perhaps they could do this again, like you said.

mangler

Smash Cadet
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I do remember starting some matches in SSB64 in which everyone entered simultaneously, not staggered.
Perhaps they could do this again, like you said.
only when 4 players entered at once but 3 or less was staggered

krlos F.

Smash Journeyman
Ganondorf: he appears on the stage in a whirpool of dark magic

Link: teleport like Twilight Princess

Zelda: teleport using Nairu's Love and light magic

Peach: she falls on the stage with her umbrella

Ridley: come to the stage flying

Metaknight: he is invisible on the stage and after that he reveals himself with his cape

Snake: he is on the stage in his box and after that he break it revealing himself

FE characters: maybe a Pegasus Knight or Wybern Rider bring their to the stage or maybe:
- Ike: cuts the background and appears
- Micaiha: appears using light magic

Bowser: he comes on his Clown thingy lol

Mewtwo: he comes to the stage flying with his armos and when he lands take off his armor like Saint Saiya Style!

Wario: he appears with his motocycle

D

Deleted member

It's like 70% likely. He was in the fricken' 'Melee introduction after all, he is acknowledged.

Mysteryfox1

Smash Ace
The Netherlands, Noord-Brabant, Aarle Rixtel
mario:just his pipe
luigi:maby you see him from the background as a rocket coming closer and then crashes or something
peach:flying down with her umbrella
bowser:koopa clown car
yoshi:come out of his egg
donkey kong:come out of his barrel
wario:come with his moter cycle
link:twilight effects or coming out of his triforce part with or without epona
young link:if he could make it appairing with the ocarina of time
zelda:nayrus love or her magic or coming out of her triforce part
ganondorf:dark magic or coming out of his triforce part
pickachu:coming out of lighting or a pokeball
mewto:teleports
pichu:pokeball maby a smaller pokeball then pikachu
jiggylipuf:appear while she/he/it sings
fox:arwing
falco:other arwing? I can't figure out something original right now
kirby:a warp star
meta knight:he's invisible because he wears his cape he takes the cape then of
ness:don't know him well so I don't know a entrance
ice climbers:come out of a snow storm
capt falcon:comes out of his f-zero racer
pit:flying down out of a bright light
mr game and watch:don't know him well also
roy:don't know either
marth:same thing
snake:out of his box
samus:out of her spaceship
zero suit samus:first samus appears then her suit will go of
maby I forget something then say it they're not very original so maby someone here can make better entrances

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
If you ask me, Mr. Game & Watch's entrance should be him just turing sideways! :p

No, look at it like this. At first glance, there's nothing, then Mr. Game & Watch turns sideways, because he's flat! Get it?

HideousBeing

Smash Ace
If you ask me, Mr. Game & Watch's entrance should be him just turing sideways! :p

No, look at it like this. At first glance, there's nothing, then Mr. Game & Watch turns sideways, because he's flat! Get it?
Hey, that's good. There are probably much better options that can relate to his original games though.

Edit: If Ridley is in Brawl, they will have to scale him down real bad. It would look ridiculous. I used to think that King K. Rool would be a cool character for a smash game (before Brawl was announced), but eventually gave up on that, because I considered how big he is in Donkey Kong Country compared to Donkey Kong (who is huge himself in smash), and I knew that being that big would be silly. His head would stick through platforms on stages like BF, for crying out loud! Now I'm not so sure though, if they can scale them down.

On a side note, Kirby must be scaled up himself, because according to his trophy info, he is 8 inches tall.

Top Bottom