• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Should characters in Brawl have personalized Entrances again?

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Funny story its out off the topic but...

One Time I was using...a Onyx versus Mewtwo in Pokemon Red. I then accidentally went to items and picked a pokeball. I CAUGHT MEWTWO WITH A FRICKING POKEBALL. I saved and started dancing.

dooky

Smash Cadet
The only argument against them that I could see is that they slow the match down a little. Not much of an argument, I grant you. But if they are brought back, there might well be an option to switch them on or off.

dooky

Smash Cadet
I know. My point being that some people might just want to get on with the match.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Mewtwo cannoically is not ever suppose to be caught
And your justification for this statement is....?

The anime is not the game, in the game mewtwo is just as catchable as the other 150 Pokemon, except there only being one and him being hard to catch.

Anyway, if we were to go by the anime, every pokemon that Ash doesn't catch is canonically never supposed to be caught, thus same status as mewtwo.

But, as I stated before, this game is about game charecters, not anime characters, whatever he was in the anime is utterly superfluous.

Ice man

Smash Journeyman
Maby wario could have the same entrance as he did in mario strikers charged, where he falls out of the sky and sings his own theme music.

D

Deleted member

HELL YES.

I've never played the original, but they're a staple of fighting games, and help give more originality to characters.

0rion

Smash Journeyman
Okay, bit of history in case someone doesn't know. In the original SSB, all the characters had personalized entrances (Mario coming out of a warp-pipe, the pokemon bursting out of pokeballs, Ness teleporting, etc.) that would mark them appearing onto the stage just before the match started. And they were all pretty cool.

But in Melee, that was dropped. All characters materialized in exactly the same way, in the exact same flash of white light, and I remember thinking to myself "wait, what happened here?"

Call me old-fashioned, but I'd like to see the personal entrances make a comeback in Brawl, as it'd add that little extra bit of flavor to the game. What do you all think?
These have to like so be brought back. Falcon so needs to roll in da joint with his Falcon Flyer or his Blue Falcon.

Top Bottom