• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shotokan Dojo - Ryu Social Thread

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I really need to download all this new stuff. The game feels incomplete without it.

PokemonyeWest

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0748-4770-2872
Maybe it's because I've had this game since launch and can't be assed (READ: afford) a Wii U, but Ryu is not that bad on a 3DS.

iLLEST

Smash Apprentice
NNID
iLLESTm3
What SF character would ya'll like to see in smash? For me it would be,

C viper
Makoto
Ibuki
Dudley (only if he can do rose mixups)

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Chun-Li>Every other SF character

image.jpg

Because you can't keep out the Strongest Woman in the World

iLLEST

Smash Apprentice
NNID
iLLESTm3
Also how would chun and dictator players input their specials?

Last edited:

ArccJPO

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ArccJPO
Just came up with this:

Abel - Seeks his answers!

Terminology:

CoD - Change of Direction (No, Abel can't perform Call of Duty people.)

- Specials:

B - Tornado Throw: Abel's signature throw. A weaker version of Tornado Throw. Cannot Spike, roots the opponent to the ground and does significant less damage. If inputted, Tornado Throw gains a boost to damage and spike the opponent on the stage.

<>B - Wheel Kick: Abel does a hop while hitting the opponent with his feet. Can be Sweetspotted on his heel, doing great knockback, or sourspotted in his entire leg. Inputed kick hits twice with greater power (foot work input B instead of A).

VB - Change of Direction: Abel combos the opponent with 3 hits. Depending on how long the button is pressed, he will mix in different follow-ups. Inputed combo deals greater %.

/\B - Falling Sky: Abel does a short hop upwards, grabbing the opponent and bringing him to the ground, if inputted, can Spike the opponent on the stage, launching him upwards. Can be used to for recovery purposes, but ain't that great due small vertical reach.

- Normals:

Neutral Jab Combo: A 3 hit combo, much like Ryu's.

Strong Neutral: Abel performs a double punch, much like his fiercy standing punch when close in SF4. Great knock power at high %. Can combo into change of direction in lower %.

Ftilt Weak: Abel's traditional forward kick, can be comboed into basically anything, has no knockback, and can be cancelled if dashed right after the hit lands for follow ups. Suffers from end lag if doesn't hit and cannot be cancelled in this ocassion.

Ftilt Strong: A fast, low round house kick.
Dtilt Weak: Weak hitting foot strike. Can be comboed into CoD or Wheel K.

Dtilt Strong: A strong foot strike that can be chained with CoD in lower %, or even comboed in Wheel Kick in higher %.

Utilit Weak: A combo of two punches, one being an uppercut followed by a straight punch.

Utilt Strong: Abel performs a high head kick, much like his fierce kick when close.

- Smashes:

FSmash: Abel performs a tackle with his shoulder, like he does in his Focus Attack. on SF4.

USmash: Abel does his signature rising elbow strike, hitting the opponente twice and lifting from the ground. Can be comboed with Falling sky in lower %.

DSmash: Abel performs a stronger low hit with his foot, much like his c. fierce kick.

- Throws:
DThrow: Abel performs his suplex-like throw, hoping in the air backwards and diving the opponent to the ground.

UThrow: Abel launches the opponent upwards, like he does in the his Breathless special in SF4.

Fthrow: Abel performs the Osotogari on the opponent, dropping them on the ground, which they bounce forward after hitting it.

Bthrow: Doin the Seoi nage, Abel launches the opponent over his shoulder backwards.

---

Special thanks to Pokemonye, for the sole reason that Smash you can roll freely.

Welp. Here it Goes. Could well create a "Support Abel" thread.

Thanks for reading.

Last edited:

PokemonyeWest

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0748-4770-2872
Abel would honestly have the greatest chance of anyone besides probably Ken of making it in, sense he's supposed to be the protagonist of Street Fighter 4.

Ooh, but I'd love to see Alex from SF3!

iLLEST

Smash Apprentice
NNID
iLLESTm3
Besides Dudley, I wanna see someone weird from 3s like oro or q lol

Found some of my "old" 3s play of my gutter trash duds

Last edited:

ArccJPO

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ArccJPO
Abel would honestly have the greatest chance of anyone besides probably Ken of making it in, sense he's supposed to be the protagonist of Street Fighter 4.

Ooh, but I'd love to see Alex from SF3!
Alex confirmed for SFV though.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Here are some silhouettes! By the way, you can click the images if you want to buy stuff with the image on it.

ArccJPO

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ArccJPO
Here are some silhouettes! By the way, you can click the images if you want to buy stuff with the image on it.

Awesome work man.

I would Totally buy those Ryu Tees, but 30 dollars, equals 90 reais. I refuse to pay this much on a Tee, even on braded tees. Blame the president my people have elected.

Last edited:

onehundredhitz

Smash Apprentice

This is Awesome.
This was way more hype than it needed to be.

As far as another SF character getting in, I'd say Chun Li has more of a chance than anyone else. She's a little less iconic than Ryu, but she's still in the same ballpark as him, and she's a female character. Smash doesn't have enough female fighters, in my opinion.

I'd like to see Bison though. Oh God, the amount of hands that would be thrown.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
To be perfectly honest, as much as I'd like to see Ken or other members of the SF cast, I would prefer if they went in another direction. Namely, I really want to see Simon Belmont I'm the game. He is an iconic old school video game character and that is what smash was supposed to be at first, a celebration of old school icons.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Last edited:

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
Dan or Ken, pls. I would be scared to see Chun-li in Sm4sh. If she doesn't get a JP voice, I will never play her.

Top Bottom