• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shotokan Dojo - Ryu Social Thread

ArccJPO

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ArccJPO
ughhhh, just getting mollywhopped on FG by weird MUs. Metaknight and Pacman ran me. Pacman was close though really. I'd say G&W as well but I had that won until he got a grab to 9 combo at fresh stock with him at 95%. I'm janky, my MU data shouldn't be even taken into account at this point haha
I took THE beating yesterday. Hanging the gloves for the rest of the week.

Megamans, Jigglypuff (Annoying pink hell!) and even on a Ryu ditto.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I took THE beating yesterday. Hanging the gloves for the rest of the week.

Megamans, Jigglypuff (Annoying pink hell!) and even on a Ryu ditto.
Rock's Revenge.

Edit: Also me when playing Ryu For Glory for the first time.

Me: I think I've got the gist of Ryu now. Let's do this!

*Gets beaten by another Ryu*

Me: ...I must train harder.

Last edited:

Superior Spider-Mew

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MiniRagnarok
And here I was hoping for a Dan color palette. The closest is the salmon color I guess lol. I wanted to have an excuse to scream "FATHEEERRR!" or "I DID IT FATHER!"

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
And here I was hoping for a Dan color palette. The closest is the salmon color I guess lol. I wanted to have an excuse to scream "FATHEEERRR!" or "I DID IT FATHER!"
I was hoping for a red theme/ken color pallette. As it is, Ryu is the only char without a red palette. I can understand why, but I still don't approve.

SevenYearItch

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3969-6079-3846
So I think my only issue is that I can't finish or keep control of a match with Ryu. I have no problem combo-ing for good damage or keeping stage control up to about 100%, then for some reason I start to lose it. Maybe I'm not noticing that I get antsy and try too hard for the kill instead of doing what works. Idk, need more work tonight with it.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
So I think my only issue is that I can't finish or keep control of a match with Ryu. I have no problem combo-ing for good damage or keeping stage control up to about 100%, then for some reason I start to lose it. Maybe I'm not noticing that I get antsy and try too hard for the kill instead of doing what works. Idk, need more work tonight with it.
That sou de about right. Don't get desperate over the kill, just let it happen by continuing to do what you were doing.

ArccJPO

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ArccJPO
I'm having the some problem. Hacking up damage is pretty easy. In overall I leave my opponent with 100~150%, having a really hard time to KO them after this point due to Bounciness. True SHR horizontal range is laughable, and it's pretty hard to read a dash in which my range will perfectly match the input.

I must train harder!

SevenYearItch

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3969-6079-3846
I think mastering the Dair spike will be a HUGE tool if/when I get it, and should probably be a staple in any Ryu's arsenal. Seriously, our gimping is actually pretty above average. I might experiment with an off ledge style. Rack up damage through combos, then at about 100% work completely off stage at all costs and keep the True SHR in the pocket for a safety valve

MDAVE

The Flying Dutchman
NNID
GoldDiaruga
3DS FC
1048-8967-3255
Oh man, I have a burning question for the Ryu boards. But firstly, has anyone here played the Street Fighter Flash game? Where you can battle against Sagat. During the final round, a certain song starts playing and I've been wanting to know what song that was ever since I was 8 years old, lol.

ArccJPO

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ArccJPO
Hope it's not late to drop this by. I present: Ronery Ryu: The Top-Tier Party.

Ike is one of my favs, let him be.

Last edited:

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
Hope it's not late to drop this by. I present: Ronery Ryu: The Top-Tier Party.

Ike is one of my favs, let him be.
Diddy dancing with Sheik is making me slightly uncomfortable... Don't get me wrong, Ike and Rosalina are LOVELY co- er dance partners.

Last edited:

ArccJPO

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ArccJPO
Diddy dancing with Sheik is making me slightly uncomfortable... Don't get me wrong, Ike and Rosalina are LOVELY co- er dance partners.
Like Sakurai once said:

This is the final version. It is the finished product. No more modifications or add-ons will be made. Enjoy.

Ryu_Ken

NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
Like Sakurai once said:

This is the final version. It is the finished product. No more modifications or add-ons will be made. Enjoy.
You know Sakurai, every word he says is just to manipulate us. Heck, he could just C. Falcon in Diddy's spot anytime he wants to because Sakurai.

ArccJPO

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ArccJPO
You know Sakurai, every word he says is just to manipulate us. Heck, he could just C. Falcon in Diddy's spot anytime he wants to because Sakurai.
That's why I quoted him. Chill out. This is Ryu's party, let's see what happens in the future. Maybe Ryu won't be as ronery.

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
You know, I how hard Ryu hits in the air very entertaining. You get a fair string into DP and they just die. What was Sakurai thinking? It's fast ganon.

Ryu_Ken

NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
You know, I how hard Ryu hits in the air very entertaining. You get a fair string into DP and they just die. What was Sakurai thinking? It's fast ganon.
Ehhhhh... I just don't like the comparison.

Ryu_Ken

NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
Damage output wise, you have to admit, they're pretty similar.
Yeah, but the speed is what makes their play styles so different. Also the fact Ryu has a projectile and can chain his normals into his specials. Rye's just too unique that you can't make a fair comparison to anyone.

ArccJPO

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ArccJPO
What's you guy's opinion on flaming? and how much to you tolerate it?

asking for no reason
I don't give a ***t. People nowadays tend to get fustrated with anything. It's a game for lord's sake. If I sense that I'm losing my cool. I just give it some time. Turn the console off and move to something else.

Last edited:

smokebomb12

Banned via Administration
NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382
Anyone with a 3DS want to battle?
I don't give a ***t. People nowadays tend to get fustrated with anything. It's a game for lord's sake. If I sense that I'm losing my cool. I just give it some time. Turn the console off and move to something else.
Welp time to follow somebody.

Ryu_Ken

NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
What's you guy's opinion on flaming? and how much to you tolerate it?

asking for no reason
I tend to tolerate it pretty well, but just a couple weeks ago, I lost it.

*sigh I mean when you tolerate it for a while, it piles up. Then when your knees buckle, BLAM! it hits ya.
Well, at least its gonna be the last time it happens. You just gotta suck it up and move on. Flaming is just a game, after all.
I feel an ominous presence among us

Last edited:

ArccJPO

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ArccJPO
I tend to tolerate it pretty well, but just a couple weeks ago, I lost it.
*sigh I mean when you tolerate it for a while, it piles up. Then when your knees buckle, BLAM! it hits ya.
Well, at least its gonna be the last time it happens. You just gotta suck it up and move on. Flaming is just a game, after all.
I feel an ominous presence among us
Try to control the さついのはどう within you. Don't let it take over.

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
Woah slow down there man, you might be confusing your diabetic seizure with an emotion.

Last edited:

Ryu_Ken

NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
Woah slow down there man, you might be confusing your diabetic seizure with an emotion.
Well, the fact is, my reaction was not very proper to say the least. I should've done something else than what I did.

Last edited:

smokebomb12

Banned via Administration
NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382
I can't even take your insult seriously.

You have a picture of a cat wearing a Link costume and you call sex a theory.
how the hell is anyone going to be offended at this?
In Spanish we have a phrase: "El que se picha pierde". The literal translation would be "He who gets salty, loses."
Guess you always loose then.

Ryu_Ken

NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
I can't even take your insult seriously.

You have a picture of a cat wearing a Link costume and you call sex a theory.
how the hell is anyone going to be offended at this?

Guess you always loose then.
Not now, dude.
Try to control the さついのはどう within you. Don't let it take over.
Cool, thanks bro. I wonder if Ryu actually loses control in the game series because I've only seen him lose it in the movies.

Last edited:

ArccJPO

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ArccJPO
Oh wow. Salt wars over a diabetic joke! Let it rain!

jk

Last edited:

Ryu_Ken

NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
Pacifist Mode ENGAGE!

Don't worry guys, I'm just an inconspicuous spectator. *eats popcorn

Top Bottom