• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shorthop fair waveland, something I found out.

L.O.P.L.

Smash Cadet
I found out that you can shorthop fair waveland. Just like shorthop double fair you have to get the first fair out very quickly. You can shorthop fair waveland because when you take out the fair really early you the lag finishes in time for a waveland. You got to be precise with this, it is harder than shorthop double fair. I did it many times consistently so it could be easily mastered.

Here are some examples it could be used as.

1: Missed fair into forward waveland grab, u tilt, wavesmash, etc.
2: You hit your opponnent with the first fair but he is a bit far for the second one so you waveland toward him and continue to combo with a u-tilt or your choice.
3: Your opponent shields, sidesteps, whatever your fair so you waveland backward to retreat.
4: Your opponent shields or sidesteps your fair and you waveland behind him and punish him.
5: It is super hot and could be used for mindgames!
6: This is also a flashy move that looks pretty cool so use it to show off. :laugh:

This is a serious move and I believe it could alter the current metagame of Marth.

Credit goes to me.

Nuada

Smash Cadet
Pretty obvious IMO. If the lag ends soon enough to do another fair, it logically ends soon enough to waveland.

L.O.P.L.

Smash Cadet
ya it was in that one person's video about marth tips, i think on Overswarm's site maybe?
I saw the video a long time ago but didn't see anything about it. I'll look at it right now.

You are right, I just checked it out. =/

Nuada

Smash Cadet
I saw the video a long time ago but didn't see anything about it. I'll look at it right now.

You are right, I just checked it out. =/
Still feel good about finding it on your own though ;)

I'm really an RTS player (StarCraft) And winning with a strat you think up yourself, even though it's been discussed before somewhere and you just didn't know, is pretty nice, so take some pride when you use this technique =)

L.O.P.L.

Smash Cadet
Still feel good about finding it on your own though ;)

I'm really an RTS player (StarCraft) And winning with a strat you think up yourself, even though it's been discussed before somewhere and you just didn't know, is pretty nice, so take some pride when you use this technique =)
Hehe, thanks. :)

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Welcome to 4 years ago >_>.

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
Yeah. Definitely old. There are better looking tricksies now anyway, like sh bair to doublejump uair to waveland. :laugh:

Honestly though, it's not really something on a level that would alter the metagame were it to be new as it isn't really THAT useful. It ends up just being another gimmick rather than making a player more solid. There is an issue with the timing necessary to get the first fair out in time to waveland that allows the opponent to shieldgrab you or just jump out of shield and punish you before you have the time to reach the ground. It's the reason we can't really shdf on someone's shield without getting punished. Unless they suck.

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
Yeah. Definitely old. There are better looking tricksies now anyway, like sh bair to doublejump uair to waveland. :laugh:

Honestly though, it's not really something on a level that would alter the metagame were it to be new as it isn't really THAT useful. It ends up just being another gimmick rather than making a player more solid. There is an issue with the timing necessary to get the first fair out in time to waveland that allows the opponent to shieldgrab you or just jump out of shield and punish you before you have the time to reach the ground. It's the reason we can't really shdf on someone's shield without getting punished. Unless they suck.
I was trying to figure out how to say this without sounding like an a-hole, props to Cactuar for pulling it off.

Credit goes to me.
This made me laugh.

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
If you discovered something, I bet your *** you would want credit for it.
That wasn't really why I was laughing though. I was laughing because you seem to seriously think that no one has thought of this. After 5(or is it 6 now?) years of Smash I think this would have been one of the easiest tactics to discover. I have done it accidentally plenty of times trying to delay the second fair and accidentally hitting L before hitting the c-stick. You also didn't bother to look at all because I know I have seen at least 3-4 threads posting about this before. I used the search function for this (didn't need to though apparently I posted in this).
Marth Mindgames
I've seen enough people get shot down to know that it's highly unlikely I would discover anything new in smash and if I did i would probably search a little bit before posting that I discovered it.

So I wasn't really laughing about that fact that you wanted credit, I was lauging because you wanted credit for something as metagame changing for all Marth's like the sh fair to waveland. You went over the top, I thought it was funny.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
That wasn't really why I was laughing though. I was laughing because you seem to seriously think that no one has thought of this. After 5(or is it 6 now?) years of Smash I think this would have been one of the easiest tactics to discover. I have done it accidentally plenty of times trying to delay the second fair and accidentally hitting L before hitting the c-stick. You also didn't bother to look at all because I know I have seen at least 3-4 threads posting about this before. I used the search function for this (didn't need to though apparently I posted in this).
Marth Mindgames
I've seen enough people get shot down to know that it's highly unlikely I would discover anything new in smash and if I did i would probably search a little bit before posting that I discovered it.

So I wasn't really laughing about that fact that you wanted credit, I was lauging because you wanted credit for something as metagame changing for all Marth's like the sh fair to waveland. You went over the top, I thought it was funny.
It's not impossible to discover new stuff though :). I discovered 2 tactics with fox and few with samus (ok only 1 really lol).

Everything I discovered was more or less useless but hey :). Fun stuff.

Airo

Smash Lord
Richmond, BritishColumbia, Canada (williams+railw
sorry man, all you discovered was that you could use a move after the delay of another move.....

---

what you need to discover, as an actual glitch which you could manipulate into enhancing a character's mindgame.

to promote recent mewtwo discoveries (within last few months).

mewtwo's moonwalk is learnt at its fullest and we discovered something new now known as "boost." mewtwo essentially suddenly dashes super fast out of his moonwalk (in oppose to falcon jumping super far out of a moonwalk). we have videos of this around mewtwo forums.

we've always known that mewtwo's teleport could be cut short when he hits a wall or ledge. but now we also found that mewtwo's horizontal teleport could be canceled and cut short when executed at the edge in a way such that mewtwo lands on ground with only few frames of lag. Its demanding to get the proper angles. we have videos of this around mewtwo forums.

and yes, im trying to promote mewtwo even though the melee will soon be taken over by brawl.

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
It's not impossible to discover new stuff though :). I discovered 2 tactics with fox and few with samus (ok only 1 really lol).

Everything I discovered was more or less useless but hey :). Fun stuff.
I never said it was impossible. But I'm sure your experienced enough to know or search to make sure before you claim you discovered something.

L.O.P.L.

Smash Cadet
Thanks everyone and sorry for my ignorance. =P

I don't think this topic has any discussion value so it should be locked.

Top Bottom