• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

shield stabbing rest

Velox

Smash Ace
heh, wouldn't it be pretty likely to be able to float around someone's shield and try and shield stab a rest because the hitbox is pretty precise? Like, especially someone's head that pokes out? I dunno, just kinda thought about it..

like, just think of the possibilities if you could do this consistently, coming down on someone with a b-air and when they shield you just aim the rest for the head or something..

RestInPeace

Smash Ace
If someone finds a way to do this consistently, Puff will be top tier. Unless its only in one matchup.

This sounds to be extremely impractical, and doing it is scary. If you miss, you know what's coming.

Velox

Smash Ace
I'm always surprised though at what players like Mango can do with (how they integrate) rest though.. It's an amazing move..

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
Errr... a shield that you can't jump out of and takes one frame more to cancel than every other shield? No thanks =P

Tamoo

Smash Master
never shieldstabbed and crazy safe rolling and massive longevity, not a bad compromise methinks

although the normal shield is probably better for jiggs considering her oos shiz:p

AprilShaw

aka Logan
I shield stabbed rest today, lol. It was ridiculously awesome. Was Marth vs Puff on Fountain of Dreams, The platform was ridiculously low and I was doing standard B-air crap to his shield. It was at like half strength, he was under the platform (kind of, he was on the ground), I landed on the platform and Jigglypuff's hair thing was right on his face and I rested and it hit =D

On that note I also broke someone's shield with rest today. lol

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
It'd depend on the percentage of the person shieldbroken. Lower the percentage, longer the stun.

Halloween

Smash Cadet
Thanks for that Kniht. I was trying to find that hitbox because i always got frustrated when i missed a rest lol.

Top Bottom