• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shield Pressure

FalcoLeetness

Smash Cadet
What are some of R.O.B's best moves to put shield pressure on camper-happy shield grabbers who shield grab all your aerials? It seems most of his moves don't penetrate the shield too much but maybe I am wrong. Does anyone have data on this?

Another question; what are some good strategies to fight DDD's?

TEECO

Smash Ace
Hmmm, I think Dtilt pokes shields sometimes, as well as gyro sometimes and lazor if aimed right.
Besides projectiles keeping sheild pressure, Fair does too, space well though.

When you fight DDDs, always try and avoid his grab because a gooooood percentage of good DDD players strive on grabs. **** and projectiles are your friends. Fair will do you good off the stage.
CP a stage where they cant really CG, like lylat.

frdagaa

Smash Journeyman
It's kind of one of the rules of ROB, yeah. Tilts and projectiles, along with some walls of pain and gimpage. Insert kill moves as necessary.

O yeah, as to the actual post: don't be predictable. When you always approach in the air and get shieldgrabbed, that's on you. E.g., approach with a walking ftilt (or dtilt), powershielding when you need to against their camping. Number one rule when approaching someone who shieldgrabs a ridiculous amount is to space yourself really well, or you'll get nowhere.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
The trick to fighting a shield-camping DDD is to never ever approach in the first place.

Nintendevil

Smash Ace
DDD's are vulnerable to spam. If they try to camp back, they'll fail and stop. whatever you do, DON'T get next to one or you'll get CG'd. Just keep them away with Fairs, Ftilts, and projectiles. Glide tossing is great in this match, making it harder to grab you. Dtilts you have to be careful with because they might grab you before you et the next hit in, but it's still not useless. You can gimp them as easily as they can gimp you.

Jamnt0ast

Smash Journeyman
To shield pressure a shield grabber just use RAR Bair. You diminish the shield and move yourself far enough away to not get grabbed.

DaiAndOh

Smash Ace
Ledgecamping (or close to it) helps as well, minimizing the damage off the grabs should there be a mistake on your part.

In addition, you may get lucky if you have a gyro in play to break up the CG.

RAR bair against DDD sounds interesting, I'll have to try that.

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
What are some of R.O.B's best moves to put shield pressure on camper-happy shield grabbers who shield grab all your aerials?
Are you talking about a ditto? lol

Projectile pressure... every time a gyro hits their shiled, the shield gets smaller and you can immediately start another gyro.

Edit: BTW Your fair is disjointed and shouldn't be shieldgrabbed if you're spacing it right...

FalcoLeetness

Smash Cadet
Thanks for all the input. Yeah, Tilts are really good, and same with projectiles, I agree. ROB seems to either use Wall of Pain or just out camp everyone pretty well. I love playing him, he's quite brutal.

What would you say R.O.B's hardest matchup is; for the character, not for you personaly as much. but for ROB himself, who would be the hardest?

In my experience so far I've had trouble with Olimar and DDD. and maybe Marth a bit.

Sudai

Stuff here
Metaknight or GnW. Probably leaning towards GnW due to bucket breaking. Did test on it with a friend, perfect DI + bucket breaking means GnW lives dies at 149% (training mode and percent is before NAir connects) instead of the normal like..120% from the center of FD..

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
sudai link me to a vid or thread about this bucket breaking. thats what he was doing. i used to be able to beat this good gnw until he started attacking smarter. faster and living longer and said something about his bucket.

nayway space ur ariels better. up air usually shield pokes too. ur 2 awsome projectiles help put the pressure and mess up spacing too

SwastikaPyle

Smash Ace
Bair is a masterpiece when properly spaced. You get the fun of hitting him while bouncing yourself out of the path of danger.

Also, it's ALL ABOUT FTILT!

Marth is definitely up there with the hardest characters, since his aerials **** ROB terribly.

Top Bottom