• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

shield drop in comboing

Moooose

Smash Champion
yo i just landed the rapest combo in falco dittos. imagine yoshis story land a dair on the left platform at around 70%. they get hit when they're grounded so they pop up and to the left but not high enough for a jump dair spike. so i ran left and shai dropped a dair for a spike it was ****. have you guys used shai dropping in your combos? please share =)

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
you can do some cool things with shield dropping

you can waveland shield drop as well

got that into a bair once, twas cool

Moooose

Smash Champion
zhu in the original thread:

Mastered =D

Very cool technique. The only application I've found for Falco is to use it for double dairs. Sometimes the first dair will send an opponent too far horizontally but with this, I might be able to hit them with a second dair even if they DI to the side.

looks like i just rediscovered this lol

EWC

Smash Ace
I think that shield dropping should be really useful in combos if you can master it. A lot of the time I find myself in a situation where I midair shine, waveland onto a platform, and have my opponent not go high enough to keep the combo going above the platform.
What I do in this situation is either drop through in place or run of the side of the platform and do a dair or something. The problem with this is that you usually can't get the optimal spacing like this, since you are restricted to dropping either where you land, or at the edge of the platform. A mastery of shield dropping would let you go anywhere you want, so you get always keep your combo going as long a possible.

FNF

Smash Rookie
i seem to always accidentally do this shield dropping, but don't know the specifics.

how exactly is this done?

X1-12

Smash Champion
shield and gently hold slightly left/right, then roll the stick gently to the bottom and you fall through the platform out of shield

this can be done in one smooth motion so you just push the stick slightl to the side then straight away roll it down

If you roll or spotdodge you are pressing too hard/too far

LLDL

Smash Hero
I don't think it will significantly improve your game play whether you know or not, and only a few combos will be extended because of it, it's situational

Top Bottom