• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shiek Confirmed... to be a girl!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Binx

Smash Master
Sheik is a man because "some" men have boobies therefor he is not a girl. I don't see nintendo giving us any strong evidence that Zelda is a girl, or that Ganon isn't gay. I mean take a look at Ganon in his purple suit, obviously gay just like the purple telatubby, so obviously he would only kidnap zelda for sex because he knows that he is actually a he, and he also knows that his followers would lose respect for him (ganon) if he let on that he liked men.

Bottom line let me examine Zeldas mansapple for myself or he is just a sick, sick crossdresser. The End.

BDawgPHD

Smash Ace
Keep in mind this is non-canonical. Meaning, this is Super Smash Bros. and not an official Zelda game. The game universes are different. What's said to be fact in one universe cannot be carried over to the next.

Besides, the omniscient Wikipedia says so, so it must be true!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Princess_Zelda#Sheik

Edit: ...I did notice the boobs though. This was strange to me because Sheik definitely had a man's body in Melee. Maybe not a masculine, but it definitely should have belonged to a guy.
there's this one picture that i no longer have, from actual gameplay when me and my friend were playing, and we paused in the middle of them standing there, and i forget exactly what we did, but it looked like a very romantic situation, like sheik was in marth's arms. and sheik looked very girly at that moment.

but i digress. i figured sheik was a girl when i first played OoT, but everyone was like oh, sheik's a guy, so i was like oh okay.

The rAt

Smash Ace
In a constant state of self-examination. In MN.
I loved reading this post. Thank you, Iris.

Oh, and to re-refute the ONLY viable piece of "evidence" that some people seem to cling to, I'm going to quote this again, just in case anyone missed it.

The rAt, this thread would be nothing without you. *Bows*
Thank you, sir. Or ma'am if the case may be.

It always astounds me how infinite the human capacity to ignore facts can be. Forget the truth, let's all just invent something that sounds good. Since I wore overalls and a fake mustache last halloween, I MUST be Mario. :p

Oh well, I guess that's just human nature for you.

Sheik is a man because "some" men have boobies therefor he is not a girl.
By that logic, anyone with boobs could be is a guy.

I don't see nintendo giving us any strong evidence that Zelda is a girl, or that Ganon isn't gay. I mean take a look at Ganon in his purple suit, obviously gay just like the purple telatubby, so obviously he would only kidnap zelda for sex because he knows that he is actually a he, and he also knows that his followers would lose respect for him (ganon) if he let on that he liked men.

Bottom line let me examine Zeldas mansapple for myself or he is just a sick, sick crossdresser. The End.
Bottom line, that is the worst arguement in a long of bad arguements. Seriously, it was like getting hit in the face with stupid. Repeatedly. And that was only the first sentence. I mean, it was great if you ignore everything everywhere, but that just strikes me as going a little to far just so you can make sense.

TO THE MODS: Sorry, I know that was mean, but I just couldn't resist.

Right, we're trusting the Dojo for info on characters outside of Brawl when they can't even get the name of Samus' suit right.
Which one did they get wrong? I must have missed that. In any case, this particular model of Sheik (and I'm assuming her profile information, because... well... in this situation, why not?) were approved by Aonuma (I'd dig up the article, but it's been around the Boards so many times that it should qualify as common knowledge). I'm pretty sure he'd know if Sheik was a dude.

Although, for the reccord, the Dojo has nothing to do with why Sheik is a girl. Common sense does. Dojo just made it more obvious. If Sheik was a guy, then Amanda Bynes is a dude, Jack Lemmon is a girl, and we don't know what Robin Williams is.

snapcracklepop*

Smash Rookie
ive always thought sheik was a girl, because zelda is a girl, and her face just kinda looks like a girls face to me. But in Oot, im pretty sure sheik was a man, because zelda used his identety to hide or something? and also, wasnt someone just recently ranting about how sheik is a guy? I agree with u, but my head hurts

Cobra

Smash Journeyman
I'm posting this again to emphasize and add to my previous comment

I can't beleive this was ever a debate...did anyone who ever said that Sheik was a man finish Ocarina?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjIaokM--Pk

...I mean c'mon people, it's right there!

She holds up her hand and shows us that she has the triforce of wisdom. Zelda = Sheik.

She also clearly states that she is Sheik and that she was just disguising herself.

...even with magic, disguising yourself to be a guy, does not make you a guy. Anyone who thinks that being disguised as a man = gaining a ***** with magic, needs to rethink how they see life.

Zelda is a girl ... Sheik is Zelda ... Sheik = a Girl.

OoT is Canon ... the OoT manga IS NOT CANON ... SSBM is NOT CANON ... SSBB IS NOT CANON.

...Sheik's identity is clearly shown in the video linked above. Like Rat said ..."Occam's Razor" people! She's Zelda, it was a disguise to fool Ganon, she's a Female. END OF STORY!

-----------------------------------------------------

To the Rat : Thank you for being a continued voice of reason on this thread. Your posts are logical and eloquent and I commend and agree with you 100%. I hate this argument so much, because it is like you said, "Being slapped in the face with Stupid...REPEATEDLY."

...hopefully your comments and my Video/Post will quell the argument at least on this thread.

Magus420

Smash Master
Sheik is a man because "some" men have boobies therefor he is not a girl. I don't see nintendo giving us any strong evidence that Zelda is a girl, or that Ganon isn't gay. I mean take a look at Ganon in his purple suit, obviously gay just like the purple telatubby, so obviously he would only kidnap zelda for sex because he knows that he is actually a he, and he also knows that his followers would lose respect for him (ganon) if he let on that he liked men.

By that logic, anyone with boobs could be is a guy.

Bottom line, that is the worst arguement in a long of bad arguements. Seriously, it was like getting hit in the face with stupid. Repeatedly. And that was only the first sentence. I mean, it was great if you ignore everything everywhere, but that just strikes me as going a little to far just so you can make sense.

TO THE MODS: Sorry, I know that was mean, but I just couldn't resist.
...and that was like stupid getting hit in the face with obvious sarcasm.... Repeatedly.

Kricu

Smash Journeyman
alright so I'm completely amazed that this thread has 9 pages. I really don't see any arguements that work towards sheik being a guy. Cobra thank you for posting that video. Anybody who thinks that Zelda becomes a transvestite needs to get smacked. Just because a girl dresses like a guy, it does not mean that they are a transvestite. Besides does anybody actually know how the Sheikah dress. Maybe since the Sheikah were ninjas, they all decided to dress like... OMG ninjas. Seriously this is the worst idea of a thread because it shows how many idiots are out there that havent played Ocarina of Time or have played it and are some of the most thick headed people in the world. I'm going to go drown my sorrows for Sheik and her brilliance with ice cream. Please people come to your senses and use some common sense.

100% off topic:
Anybody interested in joing a Sheik clan? If so please follow the link below and fill out the application:
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=161705
Thanks

Slifer-san

Smash Cadet
Thank you, sir. Or ma'am if the case may be.

Since I wore overalls and a fake mustache last halloween, I MUST be Mario. :p

Oh well, I guess that's just human nature for you.

sorry to break it to you, but you are Luigi *points to sig and gets hit by baseball bat*

SheikahKun

Smash Rookie
Cased closed since... who knows how long...

But whatever, I've been in so many debates.. it's all in a matter of opinion. I strongly believe Sheik is a girl though.

Looper

Smash Journeyman
princess Ruto called shiek a "he" in ocarina of time, but that's only because Zelda's disguise worked and Ruto fell for it, thinking she was a male. turning into shiek was intended to look nothing in common with her true form, including looking like a different gender.

her disguise had to be SO good, that it had to last her all those years link was gone after pulling the master sword, without getting discovered. that's a long time, and she really needed a good disguise. i think looking like the opposite gender, having different hair, and different skin and eye color was just what she needed.

i really doubt she used her magic to give herself a sex change and back. impa taught zelda the shiekah way to don a disguise and go into hiding, not become a man

oh and, they should have given shiek a harp taunt.

Kricu

Smash Journeyman
I believe this thread died a long time ago but atleast you are smart enough to realize what is the truth.

BDawgPHD

Smash Ace
princess Ruto called shiek a "he" in ocarina of time, but that's only because Zelda's disguise worked and Ruto fell for it, thinking she was a male. turning into shiek was intended to look nothing in common with her true form, including looking like a different gender.

her disguise had to be SO good, that it had to last her all those years link was gone after pulling the master sword, without getting discovered. that's a long time, and she really needed a good disguise. i think looking like the opposite gender, having different hair, and different skin and eye color was just what she needed.

i really doubt she used her magic to give herself a sex change and back. impa taught zelda the shiekah way to don a disguise and go into hiding, not become a man

oh and, they should have given shiek a harp taunt.
This was actually worth bumping the thread IMO. I thought the bump was going to be ********, but I was not disappointed.

Nosferatu

Smash Rookie
Jesus christ

-_-

Sheik the CHARACTER is a guy

Sheik's IDENTITY, being zelda, is a girl

this is so simple
why is this still a debate?

and the dude who was like
"it was so good even Ruto fell for it"

>_>

are you serious?
Ruto is a SAGE
sir

Again, Sheiks REAL gender is female because he is infact Zelda

BUT

The character is a disguise worn by zelda through her magic
like a puppet
shes in the body of a MALE Sheikah character named Sheik

ShadowBlitz

Smash Apprentice
LOL. Yeah I used to think Shiek was a guy the first time I got Melee. Now they changed it, I guess the developers pretty much figured out Shiek looked like a guy, so they added a ponytail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom