• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shiek... a good counterpick character?

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
I main Kirby, and I always run into trouble against characters that can camp really good. Snake, Olimar and ROB to be exact. From you guys Sheik experiences against ROB, Olimar and Snake, would you say Sheik counters both these characters well? I can see the f-tilt lock combo working really well against them since they are both heavy except for maybe Olimar. Sheik's needles limit their options to camp too. Tell me what you Sheik players think.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Sheik has a difficult, but more or less even matchup against Snake. She can't tiltlock ROB or Olimar. ROB is a pretty bad matchup for Sheik and Olimar isn't favorable.

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
When I know I'm fighting against a ROB or Olimar, I usually use MK for those fights. Snake on the other hand, its a tough fight for MK and Kirby. Point is... it seemed like Sheik seemed like a an unknown Snake counter, since not many people use her. And those needles of her would explode grenades in Snakes face if he ever decided to spam them.
I'm also curious to know if Sheik's chain can out prioritize Snake nikitia homing missle.
Also, when Snake uses him Up+B, is Shiek's best option to b-air, or vanish, or anything else?

imdavid

Smash Journeyman
she can grab snake out of his up-b, but usually a fair will cause him to keep trying to recover until a bair/vanish will finish the job the chain will hit the nikita and change its direction i believe, usually above sheik, but needles do the same effect so i see no need for it.

__V

Smash Journeyman
Sheik does reasonably well against Snake. Olimar is my worst nightmare.

Wildfire393

Smash Journeyman
Sheik is good against Snake (or at the very least slightly favorable), but against ROB and Olimar, she does not fare so well. In fact, Zelda would probably be a better counterpick against those three, as she is good against ROB and decent against Olimar, and decent against snake (he's easily Lightning Kicked/Spiked out of his Up B)

imdavid

Smash Journeyman
wait, guys we've been responding to this thread wrong, who the f*** is shiek? stop giving him comments on why sheik is a good counter pick when this guy obviously wants help about shiek *feeling crappy and sarcastic today*

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
For olimar, you might be better off using kirby. You have to know the matchup very well to use sheik effectively. Otherwise, kirby would be the better choice. They both get outcamped though-none better than the other. You just have to learn how to deal with it.

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
Sheik is good. However, I just dont like her aerial DI. She moves through the air so slowly, its pathetic. It makes aerial combos harder to connect with her bad aerial DI. Thats the main reason why I dont plan to play her seriously. Just for fun.

popsofctown

Smash Champion
Sheik is the elevator of brawl....

Anyways, Sheik is pretty good stuff against Snake. But, uh, i'm considering picking up an Olimar CP, so i don't think you need to turn to Sheik to beat Olimar. As a matter of fact, i ask of you, is Kirby good against Olimar?

In my mind, Diddy should do well against the people on your list. Check him out.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Sheik is ok against snake, definently not against olimar and ROB though, I suggest looking into other character against them, like other people have said.

Also, sheik doesn't need to be able to move fast in the air because you can just run and then jump to attack, fall fast and jump quick again, so it's like moving in the air, only using the ground for it.

Top Bottom