• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sheik's throws - stop habitually down throwing lol

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
lol. I've been saying since the beginning that fthrow and bthrow are the win choices, and sometimes uthrow for a random mixup. And the beginning would be like... late February.

People just don't break their habits.

demodemo

Smash Ace
I have always found dthrow an effective throw linking to a uair or something.

it always knocks them straight up, and i abuse the uair's somewhat-great priority to get a weak or strong hit on them. if its a weak hit, i have found it is possible to link into an fair which can lead to tilts eventually.

airius

Smash Cadet
Sheik's only guaranteed combo is ftilt > something, guys. Don't throw away situational combos or setups, because chances are the opportunity will present itself more often than you might think.
I think this is the best piece of advice in this entire thread.

Squidster

Smash Ace
Well I agree that situational combos are useful in brawl its just that this one seems to be too unreliable. There are better things to do out of Bthrow? *Shrug* I may try it if I'm a stock up or something.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
Sheik's only guaranteed combo is ftilt > something, guys. Don't throw away situational combos or setups, because chances are the opportunity will present itself more often than you might think.
haha you said you weren't even going to learn the boost smash thing didn't you?

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
It gives a decent movement distance for a series of actions that may or may not require me to modify my controller scheme. I didn't really bother learning much besides wavedash and L-Cancel for their obvious uses in Melee, I really don't see me putting in the time and effort to learn this to an effective enough consistency to actually be able to rely on it. : P

Cobra

Smash Journeyman
The timing for the Dash Cancelled USmash doesn't taek that long to learn...it's jsut using it in the middle of combat can take some gettign used to.

...then again, the same could be said about wavedashing and l-cancelling in Melee. (except those were necessary for competitive play where as this is just a tool)

SheikahBlood

Smash Cadet
Forward throw is quite nice,i guess the throws just matter on the % of the person because i noticed sometimes with the d throw i can get a up smash right after if i'm lucky. one of my combo's *don't know anyone else that does this* f throw to boost smash at low %'s it's quite hard to pull off but fancy to see.

ADHD

Smash Hero
Forward throw is quite nice,i guess the throws just matter on the % of the person because i noticed sometimes with the d throw i can get a up smash right after if i'm lucky. one of my combo's *don't know anyone else that does this* f throw to boost smash at low %'s it's quite hard to pull off but fancy to see.
B-throw too! Thanks for using this *cough gimpy* fun situational combo too.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Hahaha I got so used to d-throw I just do it instinctively, but I am (slowly) outgrowing the habit.

It's hard though because I d-throw with Zelda, since she can chain-grab quite easily.

Blaze93

Smash Rookie
Dthrow = 6%
B/F throw = 7%
U throw = 5%

In my opinion D throw ( Bad DI'ers ) still can get you some were. Although I dont see Fthrow giving you to many opportunities for a Combo anyways.

Top Bottom