• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sheik vs. Diddy set (Cinnamon Match Set)

KRDsonic

Smash Master

-Zure-

Smash Cadet
Only a few things:

-Do not mindlessly run towards your opponent to use the running attack. I actually wonder why the Diddy didn't shield or spot dodge more often. It was so obvious!
-Tether Grab has more priority than Vanish when it comes to recovering. Especially when you are not being edgeguarded.
-Spot dodge and D-Smash doesn't work against professionals. And it gets predictable as well.
-I see too many needles. People will start calling you spammer. Funny thing is though that there are only a few tilts which are actually there to be abused.

Good games but the Diddy seemed to do bad at his advanced teching.
Watch out for Real Advanced Diddy players!

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Only a few things:

-Do not mindlessly run towards your opponent to use the running attack. I actually wonder why the Diddy didn't shield or spot dodge more often. It was so obvious!
I kept trying to DACUS, but I lost my timing D: lol.

-Zure- said:
-Spot dodge and D-Smash doesn't work against professionals. And it gets predictable as well.
You'd be surprised x.x I don't mind using easy-to-predict tactics against people that they actually work on :p

-Zure- said:
-I see too many needles. People will start calling you spammer. Funny thing is though that there are only a few tilts which are actually there to be abused.
I can't get close enough to a diddy through his bananas to use tilts often x.x Also, I don't care if people were to call me a spammer for using Needles a lot against a Diddy user who's spamming bananas xD. There are pros that spam, and the biggest known set I've seen a pro spam in was Sethlon's Falco against my Ice Climbers. Spamming when it works isn't exactly a bad thing :p Because this wasn't just for "having fun", it was about winning to see the looser suffer xD.

-Zure-

Smash Cadet
lol. That's what you think.
I am recalling personal gaming experience.
It only halfway works when there is lag.
Otherwise, I can shield or spot dodge most of the time.

@KRD: Dash Cancel with Sheik is insanely hard. That's why I never use it. The odds of it going wrong are too high.
Tru fax about the tournament spam. By the way, I don't see why it's forbidden to swap to Zelda.

Diddy's Metagame is too good! (<--click)
Can you really call that spam if it's done with such perfected precision? o_o"

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
First match:

You constantly dodged/airdodged when he was no where near you, and once you came close to eachother you didnt bother blocking at all.

You also kept landing on his bananas when they were nowhere near you.

Absolutely 0 edgeguarding by you. Ridiculous since Sheik's main way of KOing is to edgeguard. You died more than you should have and KOd later than you could have because of that.

There was some evidence of spacing, which is good, but if it's not consistent, there's no point in doing it at all.

clowsui

Smash Legend
Only a few things:

-Tether Grab has more priority than Vanish when it comes to recovering. Especially when you are not being edgeguarded.

Good games but the Diddy seemed to do bad at his advanced teching.
Watch out for Real Advanced Diddy players!
Point 1 - Dash attack is meant to just put space between him and Diddy; have you actually ever faced that barrage of bananas? -_- Dash attack allows him to charge some needles
Point 2 - Recoveries have priority? o_o If you meant like importance then I don't think that's really an issue; if Vanish gets the job done then it gets the job done. If he doesn't get edgeguarded then it's pretty much the same unless he wants to do something quickly off the ledge >_>;
Point 3 - ....um what? Have you EVER heard of Drephen?
Point 4 - Why is spamming needles bad? >_>; It's free percent if the opponent gets hit. Also approaching Diddy is ridiculously difficult by the ground -_-

btw KRD nice Sheik, only thing I would really suggest is just work on your grab and edgeguard game; I know Diddy beats you out in both but Sheik's fortes are in those areas. Also try to shield more...keep up that Drephen Style though =)

-Zure-

Smash Cadet
Point 1 - Dash attack is meant to just put space between him and Diddy; have you actually ever faced that barrage of bananas? -_- Dash attack allows him to charge some needles
Point 2 - Recoveries have priority? o_o If you meant like importance then I don't think that's really an issue; if Vanish gets the job done then it gets the job done. If he doesn't get edgeguarded then it's pretty much the same unless he wants to do something quickly off the ledge >_>;
Point 3 - ....um what? Have you EVER heard of Drephen?
Point 4 - Why is spamming needles bad? >_>; It's free percent if the opponent gets hit. Also approaching Diddy is ridiculously difficult by the ground -_-

btw KRD nice Sheik, only thing I would really suggest is just work on your grab and edgeguard game; I know Diddy beats you out in both but Sheik's fortes are in those areas. Also try to shield more...keep up that Drephen Style though =)
1. Duh. Of course I have faced Diddy numerous times, and the bananas are horribly annoying.
I am still saying that Diddy could have just shield grabbed Sheik most of the time.
2. I would not recommend using Vanish to get back to the stage.
It's fine if you use it to grab the ledge, but if you land on the stage after using it, you are so vulnerable to any sort of attack.
3. Enlighten me about Drephen.
4. Ever heard of F-Air spacing and Chain Lock? I am sure you did.

clowsui

Smash Legend
1. Dash attack is crazy fast though plus Sheik can easily shield poke w/ it...whatever
2. Yeah but you're talking about chain vs vanish. Chain can only be used to get back to the ledge, so naturally comparing the going back to the ledge part so long as he uses some kind of recovery to get there it doesn't matter seeing as both recoveries are hard to punish.
3. Drephen's style in Melee was this:
Spot Dodge x infinity
DSmash
Occasionally mix it up with Dthrow and Needles
Dash Attack to throw off approaches
Use FAir to take off one stock per match
Wavedash and Wavedance constantly to mindgame
Needles when bored

He was MW's captain for FC-3, FC-6 and Pound 3, placed Top 10 at 0C, Top 32 at Pound 3 and Top 10 at FC-6...more recently he placed Top 32 at FAST1 and TGMTSBCO. He has kept to this strategy for about...3 years, I think, with only slight variations.

4. FAir requires you to approach him by AIR. Hence, f-AIR. Also Chain Lock is ******** vs. Diddy because he can just chuck a banana at you and be on his merry way.

-Zure-

Smash Cadet
1. Can you DACUS with Sheik? I can't with C-Down and Z-Up. T_T
2. Agreed.
3. You learn something new every day. =o
4. It's not like the Chain Lock would work super specially awesomely anyway.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Sheik's dsmash has little difference between Melee and Brawl.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
I wasn't trying to play flashy, I was just playing to win :p There's a big difference between friendlies on wifi and having playing a set where a lot is at stake.
You could argue that edgegaurding offline is a lot easier and less riskier than online. If your going to play straight Sheik, then you really should be at least attempting to gimp every once in a while.

Semmick

Smash Journeyman
Wi-fi gimping is twice as hard as offline gimping, button lag etc. Edgeguarding is very good for Sheik, Fairs are scary

KRDsonic

Smash Master
You could argue that edgegaurding offline is a lot easier and less riskier than online. If your going to play straight Sheik, then you really should be at least attempting to gimp every once in a while.
I don't generally play "just Sheik" though, they just happened to make the rule "You're not allowed to transform" during the matches x.x I'm used to using Zelda to kill offline.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
I don't generally play "just Sheik" though, they just happened to make the rule "You're not allowed to transform" during the matches x.x I'm used to using Zelda to kill offline.
Oh ok that explains it. I would encourage you to explore all the different methods of edgeguarding with Sheik. Not only does it make playing her more exciting, it also can help your Sheik game out a lot. Some characters it's better to just edgeguard as Sheik than to switch(Ike, Link, Falco, etc.).

Top Bottom