• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Sheik Video Discussion Thread. 155 Videos!

KingChaos

Smash Journeyman
Yea I honestly do that usually especially vs this guy who I play quite often. I know that spamming dtilt keeps us low and out of the way from the majority of Zss' moves. I flubbed a lot of stuff as well but I'll keep that in mind especially for mid percents.

alexthepony

Smash Apprentice
1.what are sheiks kill set ups with bouncing fish?
2. how do you di a bounce fish to live longer???
3 if i think a sheik will bounce fish(crouching, moving backward or forward after an f throw), what are the best ways to avoid it,some times i have trouble tring to airdodge it, bit that may be me?

i really am having trouble with getting these questions answered, please help if you can

BigHairyFart

Salty Supreme
NNID
JackAzzMcTittles
1.) Bouncing fish doesn't have any real 'kill' setups outside of at the end of f-airplanes or an offstage airdodge read.
2.) BF usually will kill you off the side, so up and in would be optimal there. However, if you're near the ceiling, then down and away would be best to avoid ding off the top.
3.) Shield would probably always be your best option, but try and do it on reaction rather than anticipation or you may get grabbed. If airborne, some aerials may beat it, or you could airdodge. I feel like a double jump+airdodge would be best, assuming the BF isn't a true combo from something. And as always, what you do can be read and used against you.

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
1.) Bouncing fish doesn't have any real 'kill' setups outside of at the end of f-airplanes or an offstage airdodge read.
2.) BF usually will kill you off the side, so up and in would be optimal there. However, if you're near the ceiling, then down and away would be best to avoid ding off the top.
3.) Shield would probably always be your best option, but try and do it on reaction rather than anticipation or you may get grabbed. If airborne, some aerials may beat it, or you could airdodge. I feel like a double jump+airdodge would be best, assuming the BF isn't a true combo from something. And as always, what you do can be read and used against you.
1) There are multiple kill setups that end with bf. nair (soft or hard) > bf, fair > bf, aerial needles > bf, utilt > bf, bthrow > bf, even bair > bf can all kill one way or another. Some are more useful than others etc.

2) Hold towards the stage, that'll make you survive the most. (vectoring for horizontal knockback still exists)

3) spotdodge can net you a punish, shield doesn't always guarantee a punish. you can probably airdodge on reaction too.

A alexthepony

BigHairyFart

Salty Supreme
NNID
JackAzzMcTittles
There are multiple kill setups that end with bf. nair (soft or hard) > bf, fair > bf, aerial needles > bf, utilt > bf, bthrow > bf, even bair > bf can all kill one way or another. Some are more useful than others etc.
Wow, I knew all of those, now I feel kinda dumb for not thinking of any of them.
3) spotdodge can net you a punish, shield doesn't always guarantee a punish. A alexthepony
Keyword here being can. A mistimed spotdodge can still make you eat the BF, while shielding it will keep you safe. That said, the frame advantage from a spotdodge will let you punish with just about anything you want, while shield will require a fast aerial.

alexthepony

Smash Apprentice
Wow, I knew all of those, now I feel kinda dumb for not thinking of any of them.

Keyword here being can. A mistimed spotdodge can still make you eat the BF, while shielding it will keep you safe. That said, the frame advantage from a spotdodge will let you punish with just about anything you want, while shield will require a fast aerial.
i use rosa so the bf will seperate my luma if i sheild it, but could i just roll or dash away, i feel like i am at a disadvantage every time sheik uses that even when i know it will happen.

alexthepony

Smash Apprentice
also how do you use needles in air with sheik and when does her bf kill when you are at middle of stage

Last edited:

Joaco

Triforce of Wisdom
NNID
JoacoRyu8
Is there any video of Sheik vs Lucario where it goes to time?

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530

Felt this was the place for this. Haven't seen people do this, and its just a neat little tidbit.

HoSmash4

Smash Ace

Felt this was the place for this. Haven't seen people do this, and its just a neat little tidbit.
...is the title serious?

AFAIK the fthrow/dthrow to double uair only if you finish the first uair close to the ground. I personally dont like it because low damage output and theres more room for error than just fthrow bouncing fish

:006:

Last edited:

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
...is the title serious?

AFAIK the fthrow/dthrow to double uair only if you finish the first uair close to the ground. I personally dont like it because low damage output and theres more room for error than just fthrow bouncing fish

Well, fthrow to bouncing fish does a bit less damage (1%) and while there's always fthrow > fair fair regrab stuff, etc, pretty sure that only starts to work at around 5-10%

But I am still learning each day, and my Sheik is very outdated, that's why I specified in the description, I'd be glad to know of any actual more damaging combos that start at 0% :o but someone told me I should just try to look for fair into grab first off.

I don't find double upair too hard, but I guess I just got used to it n.n''

HoSmash4

Smash Ace
Well, fthrow to bouncing fish does a bit less damage (1%) and while there's always fthrow > fair fair regrab stuff, etc, pretty sure that only starts to work at around 5-10%

But I am still learning each day, and my Sheik is very outdated, that's why I specified in the description, I'd be glad to know of any actual more damaging combos that start at 0% :o but someone told me I should just try to look for fair into grab first off.

On floaties fthrow to uair uair probably is the most damaging combo from 0% but on fast fallers you can definitely do 0% fthrow to fair to fair to regrab4

Last edited:

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166

I didn't say this when we were talking about it but a good way to get quick % early game is throw some needles to the point where it does 6-11%. Then do fair strings.

Other than that get a fair in the neutral and confirm a grab into it to the usual fthrow > fair > fair > regrab > fthrow > bf on fastfallers.

I really don't think dthrow uair uair is anywhere near optimal lol.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
I didn't say this when we were talking about it but a good way to get quick % early game is throw some needles to the point where it does 6-11%. Then do fair strings.

Other than that get a fair in the neutral and confirm a grab into it to the usual fthrow > fair > fair > regrab > fthrow > bf on fastfallers.

I really don't think dthrow uair uair is anywhere near optimal lol.
One thing with my sheik is, its nowhere near optimal, but I love using her cuz I can be so freeform :3

But thank you~

Joaco

Triforce of Wisdom
NNID
JoacoRyu8
One of the most interesting matches I have ever played

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Well now we know that Sheik's dair can jab lock I guess
For what its worth. xD

Might be good if the opponent misses a tech on a platform, you can dair past them only grazing them with one hit, and thus jablocking for a free upsmash?

Jester Kirby

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JesterKirby

◥θ┴θ◤ | Locke

Smash Rookie

Grand finales set against katakiri. Would appreciate any criticism.
This match you just simply seemed nervous. Full hop nairs, random dairs, double full-hop fairs, bad attempts at reading situations to get a kill setup, just basic stuff. Keep it cool and go to tournaments more often, so you don't feel nervous playing in those scenarios.

Absol

Sucker Punch
NNID
xenxio
This match you just simply seemed nervous. Full hop nairs, random dairs, double full-hop fairs, bad attempts at reading situations to get a kill setup, just basic stuff. Keep it cool and go to tournaments more often, so you don't feel nervous playing in those scenarios.

Brb laughing

TheNameIsRamen

Smash Rookie
Hey guys i need some feed back on my Sheik, I've been on a plateau and I don't know how to get better. It might be due to the fact that I play online only and don't go to tournaments (I'm not confident enough yet) but yea anyways here's my video that I randomly picked: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IoWFHMvSprk
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=843Z7mwQbU8
Note: if you see me do bomb, its an accident, I am inconsistent with my grounded b reverses

Last edited:
Top Bottom