• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Sheik Video Discussion Thread. 155 Videos!

_Tree

The no-more hero
NNID
DekuBaba
3DS FC
1891-1276-1936
This is a short clip by Mr.R which shows a lot of nice setups:
Wow my Sheik is so outdated. I still have a December 2014 - January 2015 Sheik.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
The last match from Pon's latest video is against a Sheik. It's online by the way: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKqStpmvLoQ&feature=player_detailpage#t=455.

Edit: Anonymous's Shiek vs. Falconic's Captain Falcon: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTchfoSIqbM.

Edit 2: Edit Harder: SKS's Sheik vs. SilentSpectre's Captain Falcon: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vO0ZyX1o7cg.

Hitaku's Sheik vs. Liquid's Falco: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVhOHqhwMAY.

AD's Sheik vs. RickShaw's Diddy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUVyrnQeOyw.

vs. JeepySol's Wario: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTkz5ghETZk.

Trevonte's Sheik vs. Nitro's Pikachu: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_86qNguJP8.

Trevonte's Palutena and Sheik vs. CrispyTaco's Luigi: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uFq_D23_IU.

Trevonte's Palutena and Sheik vs. SilentSpectre's Captain Falcon: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZvor3eN33Y.

Last edited:

Envoy_

Smash Cadet
Hey guys, here's winner's finals and grand finals from a tourney I went to. The gentleman I faced (Kman) is currently the best in my state. Not gonna lie, I lack Diddy experience and usually switch to Villager to try and fight the MU, lol. This is my 2nd time facing him in tourney and 3rd time in general (we fought in winner's and grands in that tourney too but he bopped me with solo Doc at the time). Anyways, I'm open to critics as I wish to keep improving and there may be something you guys see that I over looked in terms of mistakes. I'll also post the grand finals in the Villager boards too so they can give me a few pointers with Villager. Thanks guys in advanced!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRLWYOaSmYw -Winner's Finals: Envoid (Shiek) vs Kman (Doc/Falcon)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVFuKtL4sK4 -Grand Finals: Envoid (Sheik/Villager) vs Kman (Falcon/Diddy)

Last edited:

00-Zero

Smash Journeyman
Mr. R + False Sheik Combo video. I haven't seen it posted anywhere else yet but it was shared to the NorCal fb page last week:

Perfect examples of how to get kills lol

onlyaaron17

Smash Cadet
NNID
onlyaaron17
http://www.twitch.tv/thatgamestore/b/645413370

I
would love to be critiqued. I go to a weekly smash tournament every Friday. I played marth got 17th 4 weeks ago, switched to sheik got 4th 3 weeks ago, 7th for a sponsorship tournament, and now 3rd this week so now im ready to really be critiqued and understand what to do next to improve my game.

I was streamed a few times. 37:00-47:00 (me, sheik vs diddy)
1:47:30 (me, sheik vs mega man)
2:28:00 (me, sheik vs dark pit and rosa luma : losers finals)

I had 2 other sets but not as concerned about them as much as these 3 sets. vs the diddy who p much wins most the tournaments at the locals im down 6-1 so that would be the most important set for critique. I ususally make it very close but he gets the last game winning situation over me.

NightOvvl

Smash Rookie
I'm fairly new at this lost my cool in the end, its so tiring to land the finishing blow :X

Be gentle

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59

iAft3rbang

Smash Cadet
NNID
iAft3rbang
New jab lock !?

I don't know if this has been found previously, but here is what I found on youtube. I'm not the creator of the video.

Last edited:

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
New jab lock !?

I don't know if this has been found previously, but here is what I found on youtube. I'm not the creator of the video.

Too situational to rely on, but good to keep in mind. Good find

Quickhero

Smash Ace
NNID
Quickbobhero
3DS FC
4441-9316-1706
Hi guys! I'm a player that has been playing Sheik since Melee and am now struggling to play Sheik in Smash 4. Since I have been playing Marth since Melee as well, I was able to utilize the fact that both of them were exceptionally fast and on the offensive in previous games. Now that Marth has changed to be more defensive, however, I have struggles going on the offense so I would greatly appreciate any help I can get. :) If there is any way to play Sheik defensively please tell me as well, that would actually suit my (new) playstyle much more! :D

Sheik vs Fox starts at 5:40.

iAft3rbang

Smash Cadet
NNID
iAft3rbang
I cant figure out why I suck so bad... please critique :) http://youtu.be/ogpIs87WLzw Im the red sheik (sorry for the recording)
1st. If its not already done, change your button layout. There is a lot of different ways to do place each of them. I personally like Z on jump, X for Grab, tap jump off and C-stick on attack (tilt)... but thats personal preference.

2nd. You use smash wayyyy too much. Sheik is all about tilts and aerials. Smashes are easily punishable if misused

3rd. The first thing you want to master sheik is short hop fast fall (SHFF) fair string. If you want to get good with sheik, you'll have to work hard in training mode. I highly suggest you check out this video. Just go in the lab, spend a couple hours trying to do the same strings as he does. You should also learn a couple of sheik ATs, check out this thread.

4th. Watch good players on youtube and on twitch !! I recommend Mr R, False, vinnie, nientono... all good sheik players. Here is Mr R's Twitch account... go on and watch old broadcast you can also subscribe to his channel and get emails every time he goes on.

Id start with that...then you'll want to learn fancy stuff like needles to BF, but ... as long as you're not able to land a fair string, you'll have a hard time.

Edit : You also roll A LOT. You should try approaching with shield running more.

Last edited:

TheMarthRunner

Smash Cadet
NNID
reallemon
1st. If its not already done, change your button layout. There is a lot of different ways to do place each of them. I personally like Z on jump, X for Grab, tap jump off and C-stick on attack (tilt)... but thats personal preference.

2nd. You use smash wayyyy too much. Sheik is all about tilts and aerials. Smashes are easily punishable if misused

3rd. The first thing you want to master is sheik short hop fast fall (SHFF) fair string. If you want to get good with sheik, you'll have to work hard in training mode. I highly suggest you check out this video. Just go in the lab, spend a couple hours trying to do the same strings as he does. You should also learn a couple of sheik ATs, check out this thread.

4th. Watch good players on youtube and on twitch !! I recommend Mr R, False, vinnie, nientono... all good sheik players. Here is Mr R's Twitch account... go on and watch old broadcast you can also subscribe to his channel and get emails every time he goes on.

Id start with that...then you'll want to learn fancy stuff like needles to BF, but ... as long as you're not able to land a fair string, you'll have a hard time.

Edit : You also roll A LOT. You should try approaching with shield running more.
THANK YOU

HarajukuNinja

Smash Cadet
NNID
harajuku_ninja
3DS FC
3523-3461-8281
I cant figure out why I suck so bad... please critique :) http://youtu.be/ogpIs87WLzw Im the red sheik (sorry for the recording)
The first thing I've noticed is that you roll too much, even when you didn't need to. Any decent player will read your rolls and punish you. There were many times where it was better to run away rather than force your way in by rolling behind them.

At certain parts of the match where you just stood there, allowing the other Sheik to throw needles at you to get you to approach. Never stand in one place for too long, even if you're unsure about what do next. Instead, use short hops, foxtrots, or dash-dancing (depending on the situation) to pressure your opponent into approaching you and punshing their mistake with a shorthop f-air or one of her tilts.This works especially well on stages with platforms.

Don't use Burst Grenade when your opponent is rushing towards you. It's better to either use needles, or wait for them to get close enough to sheild then grab, f-tilt, or d-tilt.

Don't use Vanish to the stage quicker. It has a lot of cooldown, and you will get punished for it, like what happened at 1:42. Only do this if your opponent is also off stage.

Please, please, PLEASE charge up your needles whenever you have ample time to do so, especially at the beginning of the match when the opponent isn't approaching or when the other player dies. They cover a lot of distance, making it a great camping tool (particularly stages with no platforms) and can be followed up with Bouncing Fish when you shorthop.

Sheik isn't an easy character to pick up and tskes a lot of time and effort to get results with her. Just as an above user stated, watch notable Sheik player on YouTube or Twitch. This helped me improve by a lot. There are plentsLike I said in the other thread, keeping practicing and you will eventually get better.

Last edited:

_Tree

The no-more hero
NNID
DekuBaba
3DS FC
1891-1276-1936
Don't use Burst Grenade when your opponent is rushing towards you. It's better to either use needles, or wait for them to get close enough to sheild then grab, f-tilt, or d-tilt.
Remember to give a reason for a piece of advice. People remember and employ things better if they know why they should or shouldn't do something.

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
This was from a tournament, i wanted to know what i was doing wrong against this Mario.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flBSGjFWz8o
I noticed a bunch of things. First, and the wrongest thing you're doing, is using green sheik. Black and gold Sheik are always superior.

Seriously though, you almost never used needles the entire set. That's the single most important thing against Mario (along with Luigi). Needles are extremely important and they force Mario to approach giving Sheik good opportunities to go in on him.. which is the other thing you're doing wrong: you're approaching very unsafely. The matchup from Sheik's perspective should be played out by forcing Mario to approach with using needles and then capitalizing on that. You weren't doing that and instead were just approaching and then getting blocked out.

You did dthrow to uair attempting to regrab in the 1st set and that's usually bad on floaty/small characters like Mario. It works best on heavies and even then you're better off with fair strings to be honest.

You also did too many vanishes on-stage and those are extremely risky.

Basically, you should use needles more, and only go for guaranteed and safe stuff against Mario. Another thing you should consider is mario's frame 3 sex kick nair which you should have utmost respect for, in addition to his ridiculous usmash which blocks anything sheik does and has ridiculous range, basically the only reason you should be playing safe against Mario.

I break down the Sheik vs. Mario matchup in this thread if you're interested: Sheik vs. an overly-aggressive Mario-help?

Equalox

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1091-8179-8685
I noticed a bunch of things. First, and the wrongest thing you're doing, is using green sheik. Black and gold Sheik are always superior.

Seriously though, you almost never used needles the entire set. That's the single most important thing against Mario (along with Luigi). Needles are extremely important and they force Mario to approach giving Sheik good opportunities to go in on him.. which is the other thing you're doing wrong: you're approaching very unsafely. The matchup from Sheik's perspective should be played out by forcing Mario to approach with using needles and then capitalizing on that. You weren't doing that and instead were just approaching and then getting blocked out.

You did dthrow to uair attempting to regrab in the 1st set and that's usually bad on floaty/small characters like Mario. It works best on heavies and even then you're better off with fair strings to be honest.

You also did too many vanishes on-stage and those are extremely risky.

Basically, you should use needles more, and only go for guaranteed and safe stuff against Mario. Another thing you should consider is mario's frame 3 sex kick nair which you should have utmost respect for, in addition to his ridiculous usmash which blocks anything sheik does and has ridiculous range, basically the only reason you should be playing safe against Mario.

I break down the Sheik vs. Mario matchup in this thread if you're interested: Sheik vs. an overly-aggressive Mario-help?

Noted good sir, thank you.

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
Im suprised i havent seen anyone else asking about this. at 6:55 how did you manage to do a lagless dair back on to the stage from the ledge? this could create a perfect sweetspot upsmash setup.
He hit the banana which cancels the lag I guess

you made me so excited and I repeated it like 6 times before noticing the banana and getting disappointed ;_;

smashPony

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ponyfloyd
He hit the banana which cancels the lag I guess

you made me so excited and I repeated it like 6 times before noticing the banana and getting disappointed ;_;
oh no! after watching it a few more times i finally noticed the banana! im sad now :(

smashPony

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ponyfloyd
so, seeing as im a scrub and dont have a capture card, i was wondering if any of my fellow sheik mains would be able to critique a couple sheik replays i have if i were to just send them via the share channel. id love to hear input on where i need great improvement, and also the things im doing correctly. thanks in advance sheikah tribesmen. harps > ocarinas.

SupremeSuperiorStick

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sohaii

keikashi12

Smash Cadet
NNID
keikashi12
Hey guys, here's winner's finals and grand finals from a tourney I went to. The gentleman I faced (Kman) is currently the best in my state. Not gonna lie, I lack Diddy experience and usually switch to Villager to try and fight the MU, lol. This is my 2nd time facing him in tourney and 3rd time in general (we fought in winner's and grands in that tourney too but he bopped me with solo Doc at the time). Anyways, I'm open to critics as I wish to keep improving and there may be something you guys see that I over looked in terms of mistakes. I'll also post the grand finals in the Villager boards too so they can give me a few pointers with Villager. Thanks guys in advanced!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRLWYOaSmYw -Winner's Finals: Envoid (Shiek) vs Kman (Doc/Falcon)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVFuKtL4sK4 -Grand Finals: Envoid (Sheik/Villager) vs Kman (Falcon/Diddy)
Hi my name is keikashi12 just wanted to introduce myself first. I'm no expert but I'm also a sheik main and I think I'm strong enough with sheik to critique you so here it goes ^_^. As soon as I started watching your video I instantly felt like I was playing because we have the exact same rushdown combo and go in for the kill style of play. Its refreshing to me to see such high level sheiks at play because it's always amazing to me how good sheik is. Now as you were playing, you honestly made me feel like sheik was a little overpowered (or just a downright bully lol) that first match with dr. Mario you completely dominated that match. Your techs were on point, combos were excellent execution was grwat. Overall good match. The only things I saw in that match was a little excessive fishing. Most of your fishing was on point you definitely understood when to use it and pretty much frametrap your opponent or just do it outta surprise. but sometimes there were better options than to throw the fish out and it seemed like you threw it out while living on a prayer lol. Also I loved your movement with sheik. There was so much fluidity to your movement that it really kept your opponent on the defensive because of mind games and I think that's exactly how sheik should be played. The only thing I disagree with is the amount of rolling you were doing. Doc couldnt really punish you because hes slow, but When he transitioned from doc to captain falcon, he was punishing you for most of your rolling habits so always be wary of how much rolling around you do. But just like the fishing some of your rolling was actually good because it was keeping you mobile and once again unpredictable. The match with captain falcon I think you could've dominated a little more because sheik has way better options to deal with falcon that can literally put him in time out lol. Don't let captain falcon start his shenanigans. There's very few ways falcon can and will approach you. He either will short hop neutral a or dash attack and/or grab. Just keep your neutral game strong and don't give falcon too much respect. Just a tiny bit because he is powerful, but he can get locked down by sheik and I've definitely seen it before (watch neo sheik vs falcon apex match on youtube) other than that man very solid play! Your sheik is amazing. Just keep working at your skills man and good luck in the future!

Jester Kirby

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JesterKirby
Top Bottom