• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sheik Tricks Vol. 1

Squidster

Smash Ace
Chok your comment goes too perfectly with your avatar.... just throwing that out there.

As for the video, kewl, maybe it shall inspire moar sheik mains.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
LOL yeah. sometimes i wish all of my posts carried the sense of amazement that nia shows.

rmporter35

Smash Cadet
I just started using the Sheik for a change of pace... the video will be most useful... gotta get more training with the new tricks...

Sheik_Pwns

Smash Apprentice
NNID
aluran
3DS FC
0834-1378-6308
nice ankoku i still main sheik but now im trying to do a zss main bye the way did you know the banner you have that the picture on the right was based of a dance from the anime "the melancholy of haruhi suzumiya" LOL

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Whoaaaa! I didn't know about the Chain trick.

How do you do it exactly? Do you hold Down or DownForward? Keep tapping Down, or Down forward? Or alternate between Down and DownForward?

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Alternate between those two directions. Just keep sliding it back and forth between those two directions.

Adapt

Smash Lord
the boosted up-smash has gotta be hardest to do with sheik of all characters that get a noticeable benefit from it.

Nice vid

slickmasterizzy

Smash Apprentice
dash cancel upsmash

set Z to attack

run>c-stick down(to perform a dash)>Z+up

once you get the timing down its not too hard espically once you get the timing down on sliding under someone who is on a platform and getting both hits off =D

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
the boosted up-smash has gotta be hardest to do with sheik of all characters that get a noticeable benefit from it.

Nice vid
ngah!! sheik BENEFITS from it!? *sigh* but it's so hard!!! i can do it consistently with jiggs, but i haven't pulled it off ONCE with sheik *cries*.... oh well, gotta work on it.

ok nevermind, it's actually pretty easy and full of ownage when used.

Squidster

Smash Ace
I love boost smashes. Its so great so see an opponent get hit both times then try to shield grab, only to realize you're far behind him shooting 5 needles in his direction.

AlCaTraz644

Smash Apprentice
can't get that her dumb boost smash for nothing, sure I can get Links, but sheiks is hard, i'm probably miss timing it.

I guess because her attack comes out later than other characters.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Okay, I searched the forum, but I can't find anything on the boosted U-Smash thing. Can someone show me what it is?

stealthsushi

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, it might be a little tricky to find the thread in the Sheik forums, but its conveniently located in the "Reference Thread" we have here. Here's the link to the thread:

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=159314

If you just want to see the video, here's the link to the YouTube video that demonstrates it :) It's in Japanese, but you'll definitely see the difference.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=l7Q2gfVEf0k

Sheik's Boost Smash is at 0:38.

Basically its initiating your Dash Attack, then quickly cancelling it by Up-Smash'ing. This allows you to do a hyphen-smash with an additional slide from the initial parts of the Dash Attack. If you do it correctly, you'll be sliding really far across the stage while performing an Up-Smash (much like Snake's Mortar Slide). However, doing this with Sheik is horrendously difficult due to the extremely precise timing required to pull it off. If mastered however, it'd be extremely useful since Sheik's best KO move is her Up-Smash.

Go Sheik!!

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
God **** this is hard. I haven't been able to get it once.

Do I begin the up-smash immediately after C-stick Down? It seems like I'm meant to do it at the same time or something. No matter what I try it won't work.

Adapt

Smash Lord
It has to be done in very quick succession. The window between the dash attack and usmash is very small with sheik. You have to do it pretty much at the same time.

I can do it, but not on command... it normally takes me a few tries

Mega-Japan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shonendo
3DS FC
0791-4753-3390
That is very nice Ankoku, I find that video kind of similar to IZaw's "Art of Link" but that's just me. I didn't know about the Needle thing so I did learned something, thanks.

Top Bottom