• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sheik secondary

silver0p

Smash Journeyman
hey well i was wanting to find a secondary for my sheik and i was wondering if anyone knows of a good character thats a good secondary for sheik if so please comment

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
Any secondary topic can be answered by Snake or MK. It depends on what you're looking for in a secondary, someone to cover your bad matchups (in which case, anyone very high), a secondary which plays similar to your main or completely different or what? There is no universal answer to this, point us in the direction of what you're looking for in your secondary.

silver0p

Smash Journeyman
uh more of a fast attacking person like mk i was thinking fox cuz i can combo good wiht him

B!ggad

Smash Apprentice
Using Zelda as a secondary (or maining both together) will halve your amount of bad match ups in the most practical way possible. Do it.
For the like, remaining 6 disadvantages, you might use anyo- *looks at Blistering Speed's post*

Now that you play both together though, a(nother) secondary isn't even necessary. At least in my opinion. It's not like you'll get ***** now anyway.

silver0p

Smash Journeyman
k thanks for everybodys input im gana try to work with zelda but i am still looking for another option if it should come my way

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
I consider Zelda and sheik one character.

I go bowser for meta and other situations where I'm horribly out ranged or prioritized. Its worked out well for me.

TyQ

Smash Rookie
I use Diddy Kong as a secondary main. If you play aggresive, then you will like diddy.

silver0p

Smash Journeyman
i try for a deseptive game like defensive luring in then after they launch an attack like run in and spam f tilt or needles. i play stratigicaly. but i also try to get in and spam attacks like getting them over whelmed then they start making mistakes

TyQ

Smash Rookie
i try for a deseptive game like defensive luring in then after they launch an attack like run in and spam f tilt or needles. i play stratigicaly. but i also try to get in and spam attacks like getting them over whelmed then they start making mistakes
I am an EXTREMLY agressive Sheik player. And I realy only like agressive characters. Thats mostly why Diddy fits me so well as a second main. I can play him as a Strategic, aggresive, little *******. :)

silver0p

Smash Journeyman
haha yeah if i were you i think that sheik is hard to play aggressively cuz i usaly get punished if i do.

so i think for you, you should try to just wait and not charge in look for openings and then attack

if you ask me online is good for this even with the lagg because wait for other people to attack each other then run in with an up smash or dash attack or if you can lean it DACUS. you really need to work on that because you will be alot better player, even iwth diddy

TyQ

Smash Rookie
haha yeah if i were you i think that sheik is hard to play aggressively cuz i usaly get punished if i do.

so i think for you, you should try to just wait and not charge in look for openings and then attack

if you ask me online is good for this even with the lagg because wait for other people to attack each other then run in with an up smash or dash attack or if you can lean it DACUS. you really need to work on that because you will be alot better player, even iwth diddy

O_o......

<_<
>_>

(What is DACUS??)

GAH!! DONT FLAME ME I AM NEW!!!!!:flame:

silver0p

Smash Journeyman
haha no porb i learned about it like....... 3 2 weeks ago here i'll link you up
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pz8IhV9sYto
bassicaly its doing a sliding Up smash its like a

you Dash then press Down mash c stick and then like imidiatly after like right after press A with your index finger and UP on the D stick to do the up smash

so dash > down smash > upsmash
the down smash makes you do the dash attack
thats a rough explination heres another link
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=179565
uh go to the index then go down to the DACUS smash
hope that helps

-Mars-

Smash Hero
I secondary Fox. As long as you avoid the matchups where he gets ***** becuase of his fast falling......he's actually a really good secondary. Everyone else will tell you that he blows though, so don't play him.

silver0p

Smash Journeyman
yeah im pretty good with game and watch but i find him boring i like choosing intresting characters that arnt like bland and idk

i use to be good with fox im pretty good with him he is in consideration

Rawr_

Smash Apprentice
Fox has similar weaknesses to Sheik, with the addition of other bad matchups. You can give Zero suit a try if you want a character who plays similar to sheik while still having different matchups, or just go GnW if it gets bad. They both have a pretty good matchup with MK. Snake would be your only real problem then, but counterpick his grenades with needles. CAMP SUM MO', N****

Top Bottom