• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sheik Ledge Vanish

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Ahh, the Shino Stall. May it never die.

Personally I don't think this will be any more useful then it was in Brawl but if this really does give IF back to Sheik then that's a pretty big find.

CrazyPerson

Smash Journeyman
Disclaimer: I don't claim to be a very good player.

I think I see some potential here and might try to add this move into my game.

I noticed the the controls involved tap to jump being on. Any reason a button press wouldn't work?

Any major counters from my opponent I should be aware of?

Izaw

Smash Ace
Tap jump doesn't matter. And this gives Sheik invisibility everytime you do it correctly.

And this can be countered by being punished at the very beginning of the Up B animation, its still a small window though.

Last edited:

visvim

Smash Apprentice
NNID
visvim-1893
3DS FC
1736-0405-5625
Taking this one straight to the lab - the invincibility frame re-up makes it an especially appealing option...

?.?

Smash Journeyman
You're beautiful Izaw, I'm guessing this works because you hit the lip of the stage before being forced over due to set distance and then snapping... Very cool tech that looks simple enough to do for great effect, here's to the re-in statement of 'x' max ledge grabs. :p

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
This looks pretty amazing.. will test it and see if it can be of any use in real game! and i have a feeling it will be.

Last edited:

CrazyPerson

Smash Journeyman
Tried to train this and the results were quite a few SDs.

Any idea how I might be screwing up?

Orion*

Smash Researcher
no lgl should be required honestly, considering there should be vulnerability before and after vanish, ntm theres trumping it simply is just a good option

Judo777

Smash Master
I did this some in Brawl, however in brawl the auto ledge snap mechanics didn't exist mid vanish so this was much more limited and honestly pretty freaking dangerous. The fact that its a method for gaining invincibility again (obviously not applicable in brawl) makes this actually really good. I assume its because she is sliding up against the stage wile invisible.

NSunderdog

Smash Rookie
i think its great but if i only have 2 stocks risk vs reward seems to prevent me from spamming it

Top Bottom