• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sheik ledge game discussion

Judo777

Smash Master
Mid retraction? Holy **** that is too good. Yeah, Sheik's offstage tricksies were one of the main reasons I picked her up, nice to know that I made a good choice. Wow that second jump info is surprising. DK... Fox doesn't have a better 2nd jump? Mildly surprised
well rising fair doesnt count for fox lol. Cause thats a limited double jump.

And yes sheik can actually tether through a pikachu thunder. Shes the only one that can. Shes completely invincible once she begins retracting.

-Cross-

Smash Ace
Eh, well I thought that Fox's normal second jump was higher, well at least its faster vertically... right?

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Sheik is a beast. that's why I feel so comfortable waiting people out. sheik's second jump is amazing. Her up B is way more vertical than horizontal as well...

I don't know about second best... I used to think that but now.... not so much. fair is probablly one of the best gimping moves in the game as far as trajectory, but because it isn't disjointed and because of sheik's horizontal air speed it is hard to really force people into situations where they have to be hit by it while recovering.

needles can be a good way to force people where you want them, and they are one of the better projectiles at gimping recoveries. full aerial needles combo into fair.

OH SNAP reminded me.
I was playing renki check out this combo. single aerial needle->single aerial needle->fair
man... that was neat. (renki was ****** me though a lot of the day. I think he is gonna be the best sheik soon, his only limits right now are experince and little percent things that efect sheiks combos)

you can also use vanish like pikachu uses thunder. put the explosion in the only place they can go at no risk to yourself.

-Cross-

Smash Ace
Was there a double jump in between the two single aerial needles? And does DI/SDI affect full aerial combos in the air basically if the opponent DI's correctly can Sheik get punished even if she lands the needles?

Also how helpful is Vanish edge gliding? Seems to be more of a gimmick if anything....

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
I think I used my double jump to start everything...

no jumps inbetween. he could have air dodged but it would have been a bad option after the first needle because he was either going to be put in a situation where I got a free hit or he'd be too low with me on the edge.
I think the main reason it all worked out is because we were the same character and so we had the same fall speed.

Vanish glide is situational... it is really good with horizontal recoveries like DK or bowser, MKs tornado and drill rush options. it like I said in the last post placing the explotion in a place where you opponent HAS to go is very powerful and risk free (or very very low risk)

Top Bottom