• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

sheik is awsome

legion598

Smash Ace
hey im new to shiek but i gotta say shes awsome actual combos, extremely stylish, ninja possibly the coolest looking edge game i dont know why so few ppl use her

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Good question,

I think most people are not using Sheik because she has trouble killing which can be true in some match up's

However, because of her ability to rack up damage and gimp so effectively this is made up for. Funny enough most light weight characters give Sheik more trouble then heavy one’s because of how most lighter characters are harder to combo, usually have multiple jumps, and can have harder to gimp recoveries.

This can by easily bypassed by the power house Zelda. Whom can kill the lighter cast easily around 90% if not less.

I expect in two years Sheik will be defiantly high tier. We just need to pick up more player to archive this.

TigerWoods

Smash Champion
Wherever you want me to be... If you're female.
I'll admit she is complicated, but not impossible. You just have to not be an idiot =D. But yes, the Shiek/Zelda combination is like throwing a bunch of knives at a someone, which won't kill them but it will hurt, folowed up by choping their head off with Zelda, which is quick and painless however results in death.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Pretty much, although the beauty of the tier list is that it's comparing players on the same level of the highest level in know character potential mix with tournament placings.

So as long as we have at least a couple Jesus players Sheik can become high but we need more tournament standings, even bad ones in order to advance at all.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
No worries Legion but I suggest pick up a 2nd then to cover some of Sheik bad match up's.

~cough~ Meta Knight ~cough~ is too hard ~cough~

rageagainst

Smash Journeyman
Switching between Zelda and Sheik in this game is more useful than it was in Brawl but now it's a little harder too. You've got to make sure your opponent isn't close enough to camp your time-consuming transformation lol
As Ryoko said, its not that hard if you arn't ******** about it

I know there are better ways, but as of now I just smash them off, run to the other side of the stage, and transform to zelda. They usually die as soon as Zelda touches them.

No Sheik won't be getting into high tier by herself, both sheik and zelda's (if no good Zelda players start showing up) ticket into high tier will be through transform, I'm a Zelda main and I know in several matchups, Sheik/Zelda is the best thing to do.

TigerWoods

Smash Champion
You don't have to master Zelda haha, or even play with her too much, just make sure your a little familiar. I only switch for a kill and imdiately back(maby 10 seconds of Zelda a match). Oh and Princess Zelda is more kickass than Princess Martha, I'm sorry ::laugh::

legion598

Smash Ace
zelda could not possibly be more kickass then marth..........ever, but sheik could and thats exactly y i will use only shiek even if it is a handi-cap, besides i think the most stylish thing with shiek is her KO moves specifacely the vanish glide its so freakin cool

Tristan_win

Not dead.
You don't have to master Zelda haha, or even play with her too much, just make sure your a little familiar. I only switch for a kill and imdiately back(maby 10 seconds of Zelda a match). Oh and Princess Zelda is more kickass than Princess Martha, I'm sorry ::laugh::
I'm sorry Woods but I gotta disagree with you there.

You might not have to "master" Zelda but you do have to be good with her against none ******** opponents.

Once people put together that getting hit by Zelda means death and that she has very few offensive options then they will always start to play complete defense upon change and in order to be able to score even that one hit you must know how to use Zelda well.

You may not have to master her but by not practicing with her at all you are only becoming a fraction more effective if even that then to someone who uses pure Sheik or pure Zelda.

Cobra

Smash Journeyman
I'm sorry Woods but I gotta disagree with you there.

You might not have to "master" Zelda but you do have to be good with her against none ******** opponents.

Once people put together that getting hit by Zelda means death and that she has very few offensive options then they will always start to play complete defense upon change and in order to be able to score even that one hit you must know how to use Zelda well.
Din Spam. Gotta love it's ability to force people into doing what you want them to do...(A.k.a. Running into a FSmash or USMash.)

This topic is win by the way, because Sheik IS Awesome. Can anyone else make someone die by disappearing in the air? I think not...well...maybe, I dunno, errr...you could make an argument for some I guess...BUT SHEIK IS COOLER!

<.< ... >.> ... <.< ... NINJA!

ADHD

Smash Hero
No worries Legion but I suggest pick up a 2nd then to cover some of Sheik bad match up's.

~cough~ Meta Knight ~cough~ is too hard ~cough~
I've fought a metaknight for like two months now, I don't have much of a problem with him anymore after getting creamed SOOOOOOOOOOOO many times. It is the key! :laugh:

Or you could just go diddy kong, that helps.

Wildfire393

Smash Journeyman
i suspect sheik has an insanely high learning curve and so requires someone to master her to be high-tier
This is true. I think that in order to be high tier, Sheik's Chain Jacket needs to be mastered. Additionally, Zelda most likely needs to be mastered, giving Sheik twice the learning curve of any character except for PT. Her DACUS is pretty much required knowledge and not the easiest thing in the world. The fact that most of her combos take a little knowledge and practice also increases her learning curve.

ADHD

Smash Hero
This is true. I think that in order to be high tier, Sheik's Chain Jacket needs to be mastered. Additionally, Zelda most likely needs to be mastered, giving Sheik twice the learning curve of any character except for PT. Her DACUS is pretty much required knowledge and not the easiest thing in the world. The fact that most of her combos take a little knowledge and practice also increases her learning curve.
The DACUS gets really easy to do on demmand eventually. Anyway, look at melee, fox was so hard to use but he was top tier, whored in tourneys, ppl wont have problems maining sheik as long as we represent her well.

TigerWoods

Smash Champion
Oh and Tristain I am a very good Zelda player if i say so myself. The guy who mains Princess Martha just hated her so i was just trying to say make sure you at least TRY her =D (sorry dude, but i have a vendetta against martha, he killed my friends peach)

legion598

Smash Ace
i tried zelda and she just is not cool enough to use and her play style feels crappy marth and shiek are both fast its all about the speed for me altho i also main ike xD which screws up my timing alot

Linkguy

Smash Cadet
I gotta say, Shiek is the **** for sure. Link will always be my guy but he can only go so far. I've been looking for another character to try and after going through about half the cast i may have just found em(or her i should say). A Shiek/Zelda ticket is awesome. Shieks ability to combo, then switch to zelda for the kill. Its surreal.

popsofctown

Smash Champion
No one... no one.... no one..... will main both characters. I feel so lonely. I went to a tournament yesterday, and i came up against a Sheik main. He was campier than me, and i don't know how to beat campy Sheik. Our aerials were trading. He used Zelda, for kills only. After the first stock, i switched to Zelda, and ate his aerials with upsmash. I won.

I won with the in-game counterpick ability that i have as a dual mainer. He did not have this in-game counterpick ability because he only learned Zelda's kill game. Whether or not Zelda beats Sheik in the matchup is irrelevant. From my own personal experience, maining both characters is very rewarding.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
That's like saying maining Snake or Meta Knight is rewarding. >_>

slickmasterizzy

Smash Apprentice
hey popsofctown dont feel lonely i main them both too and i completely agree with you on the in game counter pick ability =D. i think more people should pick up on shiek/zelda just because in tournments if you win the first match you can say. ok my choice is zelda and depending on who your opponent chooses to "counter pick" you have the choice of being either zelda or shiek who both can be played very different.

shieks that dont learn to play zelda and vice versa are much weaker players.

i lol everytime i see a shiek change to zelda for "teh kill" and i hit them under the stage and they dont know how their up+b mechanics work and end up dying.

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
Din Spam. Gotta love it's ability to force people into doing what you want them to do...(A.k.a. Running into a FSmash or USMash.)

This topic is win by the way, because Sheik IS Awesome. Can anyone else make someone die by disappearing in the air? I think not...well...maybe, I dunno, errr...you could make an argument for some I guess...BUT SHEIK IS COOLER!

<.< ... >.> ... <.< ... NINJA!
zelda can also get teleport kills. they may not be as badass as vanish kills, but they're **** humiliating for your opponent :p

popsofctown

Smash Champion
Pretty much, although the beauty of the tier list is that it's comparing players on the same level of the highest level in know character potential mix with tournament placings.

So as long as we have at least a couple Jesus players Sheik can become high but we need more tournament standings, even bad ones in order to advance at all.
I volunteer that Tristan_win becomes our Jesus Sheik player.
Someone make him a controller that macro the chain glitch..... jk.

I'm half serious.. the good Sheik players are probably going to come from this board, Sheik's character board. The forum stalkers aren't going to become an awesome Sheik, because from what i can tell, people who don't post in Smashboards agree and accept what Smashboards says. And Smashboards says, if you want to win, don't use Sheik. (bzzt. wrong)
So one of you guys needs to be one of the Sheiks that wins tournaments and makes a name. Based on video feedback, it's not gonna be me.

Villi

Smash Lord
I wouldn't say that's exactly true, pops. One of the best Sheik players I've played hardly ever posts in the forums. Even if they do read the boards without contributing, doesn't mean they take everything at face value. The better players are always gonna be the ones who spend time in the training room mastering timing and spacing, playing good people in tournaments, and being original.

popsofctown

Smash Champion
my friend just showed me a cool replay. Marth does did his overB as close as possible to the edge, while standing on it. A CPU Sheik vanish recovered on to the ledge just as he took another step of his over B. Somehow the airpuff made him shoot all the way off the left side of the screen.

CPU 3 Sheik can beat my pro marth friend, doing 0% damage. Someone fix the tier lists :p

Top Bottom