• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sheik gone for good?

TriforceMaster5282

Smash Apprentice
Just had a question referring to Sheik appearing in games besides smash brothers... I think sheik PWNS like totally awesome, but its a shame because shes in one game, and I wanted to know if anyone knew if the Legend of Zelda creators are going to throw her back in? And if they dont, will the creators of SSB delete sheik in future smash bros? :urg: :confused: The thought is scary which is why this is uber important to me, thanks for your help!

SouL!~

Smash Rookie
I doubt they'd delete Sheik. Some of it has to do with what Squid said, and some has to do with the fact that her fighting style is pretty unique. If they take her out, I'd be disappointed.

Finding Waldo

Smash Apprentice
Sheik needs to stay. I also want Falco to stay, but he could get cut since he is similar to both Fox and Wolf. But there are many fans for these characters, and if taken out, someone will be disappointed. Just look at the Roy and MewTwo fans.

Olimar369

Smash Journeyman
Well they might make a few more zelda's with her in it. The sheik in brawl is based on concept art from twilight princess actually, so I'm sure they still have her in mind every time a zelda game is made.:D

popsofctown

Smash Champion
Sheik is very safe. Safer than ZSS, safer than ROB even. Safer than ICs even. (ICs are a pain to program you know)

-Mars-

Smash Hero
In my opinion there were a lot of other characters more deserving of being in brawl than ZSS(Megaman, Isaac). She was only in one game and didn't even play a major part in the game she was in, at least Sheik was a major character.

Koji123

Smash Cadet
I agree with you on the fact that ZSS was put in the game instead of someone else more deserving of a roster slot. I would have loved running around mega bustering people in the face as Megaman. =/ I mean cmon, who else was put in brawl twice? *cough* excluding Link and Toon Link... Imo Toon Link shouldn't have been put in either, I would have perfered more Metroid chars or hell even Roy with a tweaked moveset to make him unique from Marth and Ike. But back on topic. I think Shiek wont be going away anytime soon. She's to unique of a char to get rid of so easily. I mean who else would fill that "Epic Ninja" void if she left? Who I ask you!?

SouL!~

Smash Rookie
Nintendo characters should be put over 3rd party characters most of the time unless the Nintendo chars are clones. ZSS isn't much of a clone, anyways.

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
Marth isn't in any new games but remains in the game.
Game and watch
Rob
Ice climbers
Ness
Lucas
Pit

o_o i'm sure we can keep out sheik
A Marth game just came out this summer. I soooo want it.
Something ROB related came out to iirc, but I can't remember what.

on topic: I don't think they can even kick out any of the characters in this game since more characters is better, but Roy, Mew2, etc. would suggest otherwise. =/ But she was in melee and she survived until brawl so I think she's there to stay.

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
Something ROB related came out to iirc, but I can't remember what.
...Unless there's some sort of new ROB game for the NES which came out recently (which would make 0 sense o_O) I believe you're talking about his appearance in Mario Kart DS.

Anyways, as long as Zelda remains in the game, Sheik will stay as well. It would be ridiculous to take out an entire character for no reason (all the other characters taken out from Melee were clones, except Mewtwo, but I do believe the reason was, with him, there would be way too many pokemon reps in Brawl. Additionally, Lucario represents today's generation's most popular character, while Mewtwo represents the older, out-dated generation) when she fits in so well with Zelda's moveset. All 3 "Goddess" moves (Din, Farore, and Nayru), and transform, that represents her just fine. What the heck would they replace transform with? o_O

The only forseeable way Sheik would be removed is if, again, Zelda is also removed (which would not make much sense), or Zelda gets another alter ego in a future game, similar to her "Twilight Princess" self in Twilight Princess...But this is just as unlikely as her getting removed.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
There was talk of Midna supposedly replacing Sheik a while before this game came out.

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
Do you mean Midna becomes what Zelda transforms into when she uses transform? o_O That makes no sense either... Midna isn't Zelda's alter ego, Midna was her own entity apart from Zelda.

And if you mean taking out Sheik and putting in Midna as her own character... Well, I suppose it's possible. But they would have no reason to take Sheik out when she doesn't interfere with the inclusion of Midna in any way, has her own unique moveset (as in, isn't a clone) and sort of "completes" Zelda.

Sheik's one-game apperance makes her a little shaky as a staple to the smash roster, but as long as nothing interferes with Zelda's singularity as a character, Sheik will stay on the smash scene for a long, long time (assuming there are multiple, if any smash games after Brawl, of course :p).

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Yes I meant as a seperate character, just to have the same amount of representatives from the Zelda series. Of course there will be another Smash, every time Nintendo releases a new system(probably in another 6-7 years) they need a big title to help jumpstart the product. We could be whooping our grandkids in Smash in 50 years:). Also if Sheik doesn't make another appearance she won't be in the next one, it's common knowledge that Sakurai obtained the designs from twilight princess. If she had of been in TP then maybe, but I don't see it. Maybe i'm wrong and she is just that iconic in appearing in one of the most popular games in Nintendo's history.

Top Bottom