• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sheik, FTW?

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
I think Sheik is the best in the game. Perfect Sheik is just too good, she has NO glaring weaknesses, her Bair matches the range of Marths air moves just with less priority, really good wavedash back, godly F tilt, ***** you badly if you DI bad, she has an amazing shield, amazing shield wavedash, amazing down smash, CG half the characters to death, do 25% per grab to characters she can't CG, easily edge guard pretty much every character, she can needle camp characters that try to camp or laser camp her, and all her bad matchups arent even that bad at all. Jack managed to beat my Fox at OC2 most of the time we played, but in Sheik dittos I beat him like 60% or so. Sheik vs Fox is not bad at all. Sheik can always smash DI out of up throw Uair in case you didn't know.
If "the great" Mew2king says it, then it must be true >.>

Drephen

Smash Master
m2k is an idiot

who is thinks is "best" has changed liked 5 times in the past year

plus didnt m2k beat jack with fox at oc2?
kinda contradicts himself

also don't post stuff from the backroom, its there for a reason

StripesOrBars

Smash Master
Shiek is the best in the game.

She just barely loses to Space Animals and ICs.

She is the only character in the game that has an advantage on Marth.

Fox and Falco just do better in tourney, but overall Shiek ***** the entire cast more hardcore than Fox/Falco.

Which is proved by phanna.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Sheik is amazing and all but her game is a tad more predictable than alot of other characters.Thats just my opinion.Hey the rep system has been removed.Sweet it's about time.

StripesOrBars

Smash Master
lol @ downplaying it with a "just." I know, they "just" do better in tourney. Obv tourney play is inconsequential, not the backbone of Melee or anything.
Shut up you suck. ^_^

Sheik is the overall best character in the game.

Fox and Falco obliterate most characters, but Shiek obliterates most characters harder and the characters that go even or barely beat the spacies(Jiggs/Falco, Samus/Fox, Falco/Peach, Fox/Marth ect) Sheik *****.

How is it unfair?Anything one Sheik can do,the other can do right back.
Wow.

cablepuff

Smash Ace
Shut up you suck. ^_^

Fox and Falco obliterate most characters, but Shiek obliterates most characters harder and the characters that go even or barely beat the spacies(Jiggs/Falco, Samus/Fox, Falco/Peach, Fox/Marth ect) Sheik *****.

Wow.
umm some of hte matchups i think are wrong..

Falco ***** jiggly worst than sheik imho. up tilt reflector ftw!!!!

Falco beats peach worst than sheik does.

Other than that fox/marth, samus/fox i agree with ya totally that sheik does better on marth and samus than fox does... but than again falco does better on samus than sheik does imho.

KeepSpeedN

Smash Ace
Fox is the Best if u know how 2 play him. u can out camp everyone in the game with that stupid gun except for cf. and fox ***** cf....all i c the pro foxes or really good foxes do in a match is hit
and run away with lasers...... man fox is so gay. it takes alot more skill for a sheik to beat a really good campy fox(mew2king type ). then for a good campy fox 2 beat a a really good sheik.
Imo sheiks not the best.....
the match up is pretty even though i say 50/50 dispite fox's gay shine
u just don't know the match up very well...

Z-N_Freak

Smash Ace
Shut up you suck. ^_^

How is it unfair?Anything one Sheik can do,the other can do right back.
Wow.
He is right lol =P

I think this quote is true. Sheik just ***** everyone. She just does ^-^
Fox is only far more annoying with his Shine v.v

reason for more fox and Falco, cause they are better then Sheik. Which chars do you see more on tourneys, right Marths. Well, Sheik vs Marth is a bit on the good side for sheik, but not that much. Fox/Faclo just shines everything (and Dair) :-(

StripesOrBars

Smash Master
1. Sheik doesn't **** a good Marth
2. Space animals **** Sheik

kk

lol @ Sheik ****** Peach
When you're no longer a n00b, your eyes will open up.

LOL @ Space Animals **** Shiek, who are you? LOL.

I'm 100% positive you main Shiek.

All n00b Shieks think Spacies **** Shiek and that Shiek doesn't **** Marth(even though they never lose to Marth).

Z-N_Freak

Smash Ace
Marth can do good against Sheik. It is not an instant win thus not ****.
Space animals have the advantage over Sheik, they do not **** her. Same story there.

Z-N_Freak

Smash Ace
I like to play against marth's, but I always heard that Sheik isn't ****** Marth overal...
I play Pal, so the Downthrow here is ****ed up for Sheik =P (but that doesn't reall matter for the matchup against Marth I think )

I always have problems when playing against foxes (Falco's I have lesser problem with, because they trust on there lasercamping and I can PS =) )

Foxes are gay:
Shine -> Grab -> Upthrow -> Upair.
Still learning how to Smash DI (I once did it, yeah =x )

TomH

Smash Journeyman
1) this thread is pointless

2) how can all of the following be true about mew2:

a) he thinks Sheik is the best
b) he plays to win
c) he doesnt play as sheik

if he played as sheik, I'd take his argument as a serious argument. since he doesnt, it certainly sounds like an empty statement that he doesnt actually believe.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
1) this thread is pointless

2) how can all of the following be true about mew2:

a) he thinks Sheik is the best
b) he plays to win
c) he doesnt play as sheik

if he played as sheik, I'd take his argument as a serious argument. since he doesnt, it certainly sounds like an empty statement that he doesnt actually believe.
lmao good point

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
One of Mew2King's main characters is Sheik....in fact, he's one of the best Sheik players in the nation (as well as his Fox). He's grown less confident in using Fox, so he busts out Sheik some times and *****. He has amazing competitive experience playing the best of the best players and becoming...one of the best players. I'm surprised you guys don't know about him. You seriously think I would put up the post of some random person?
I doubt either of you have even been to a single competitive tournament anyways....so you shouldn't really act like you know what you're saying.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
One of Mew2King's main characters is Sheik....in fact, he's one of the best Sheik players in the nation (as well as his Fox). He's grown less confident in using Fox, so he busts out Sheik some times and *****. He has amazing competitive experience playing the best of the best players and becoming...one of the best players. I'm surprised you guys don't know about him. You seriously think I would put up the post of some random person?
I doubt either of you have even been to a single competitive tournament anyways....so you shouldn't really act like you know what you're saying.
LMAO this post is the funniest post all year. Your stupidity knows no bounds.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Nice comeback dude!!!!

Next time, if you can't come up with anything worth posting (which you never do)...just don't bother posting at all...
I know, I know, not everyone has the ability to create coherent sentences, but you can at least make some effort >_>

edit: the Game Theory album from The Roots is pretty sick.

StripesOrBars

Smash Master
Nice comeback dude!!!!

Next time, if you can't come up with anything worth posting (which you never do)...just don't bother posting at all...
I know, I know, not everyone has the ability to create coherent sentences, but you can at least make some effort >_>

edit: the Game Theory album from The Roots is pretty sick.
Dude, he mains Shiek, a n00bie Shiek.

He wouldn't even reply to me calling him a n00b Shiek.

BrTarolg

Smash Ace
ok firstly, IC and space animals are different.

shiek can own the space animals just as much as they can own her.

id say fox has more on her than falco, but you can DI most of fox's moves to get out of the really damaging stuff - and shinespiking isnt as prelevant on shiek.

its the same way shiek can grab techase to a high percentage, and if they go near the edge just dsmash them when they di slightly off the edge.
her edgeguarding is probably whats hardest about her. some bits are easy <needles spamming> but against some swordier characters <like marth who can go haevily under the stage to avoid needles and come back up with a sword> might be a bit tougher.
but still, the edgeguarding there is still simple - go for the edgehog and stage return edgeguard.

---

i think shiek is probably still the best character, except against IC. i dont beleive people when they say IC isnt *that* bad a matchup because it is. IC's have it easy on shiek with grabs - ANY grab is death. even if nan isnt there popo can stall with downthrow for a bit and then bring on one of the easiest and deadly chaingrabs in the game to death.

shiek also loses her entire grabgame against them, and all ic's need to do is hold shield on an approach and there is NOTHING shiek can do. all shieldgrabs are death - so even if she lands behind them or way in front from an aerial they can WD grab - and pretty much any ground attack is asking for WD grab aswell.

Pikaville

Shiek Marth Falco and Fox are all the best.
These 4 characters are the 4 that I think can hurt each other the most.(Don't just f*****g flame me,think about it 1st)

For example Sheik,Fox and Falco all can do some ugly ****e to Marth,just as Marth,Fox and Falco can all do some ugly ****e to Sheik.(you can put them in any order and the point still stands)Is it any wonder that they are also the most frequent characters that win tournies because of this fact?Well if not in America then it's definitly the story in Europe.(Well it's mostly Marth and Sheik over here)But because they can all do nasty stuff to each other(without great difficulty)id say they are pretty closely matched.None of the 4 are far better than one of the other 4.(except Marth:laugh: )Id also say most of the best moves in the game come from these 4 characters too.This is all my opinion so don't go saying "screw you noob your wrong!" and all that crap because it doesn't enlighten anyone and starts flame wars.

TomH

Smash Journeyman
1) no one here said they didnt know about Mew2king. I said his main isnt Sheik, something you didnt deny, and also showing that i had some knowledge about who he was.

2) the number of competitive matches ive been to doesnt really change my inductive argument, which in no way relies upon opinions. I stated 3 FACTS that come to the logical conclusion that his argument is more likely than not coming out of his ***.

I NEVER DISAGREED WITH THE STATEMENT THAT SHEIK IS THE BEST CHARACTER. I just said Mew2King's statement has no weight.

and this thread is pointless because the best character is truly the one who best fits to your playstyle.

Vall3y

Smash Lord
fox and falco do better on gay stages. especially fox on low celling stages. counterpicking as sheik doenst give you that much of advantage as coutnerpicking with fox or falco does.
do people consider this?
also, is the advantage sheik has over marth bigger than the advantage fox, falco, and ice climbers have over sheik?

Mcscruff

Smash Ace
ICs **** sheik. falco isnt that bad a matchup, its almost even. fox is a little worse than falco, but still not that bad. i personally, have the most problems with fox.

StripesOrBars

Smash Master
You just started playin scruffy, if you found a fox that was on your level, you'd realize its not that bad, or you'd be like 95% of Shiek mains and John about Fox and Falco.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
man this argument has been going on since i got to smashboards

jesus christ im sick of it
Cry more please
1) no one here said they didnt know about Mew2king. I said his main isnt Sheik, something you didnt deny, and also showing that i had some knowledge about who he was.
I did deny it, reread my post..the first sentence.
2) the number of competitive matches ive been to doesnt really change my inductive argument, which in no way relies upon opinions. I stated 3 FACTS that come to the logical conclusion that his argument is more likely than not coming out of his ***.
....Experience in competitive matches leads to better understanding of the game.
and this thread is pointless because the best character is truly the one who best fits to your playstyle.
False....characters are unbalanced in this game. There's a reason why Kirby and Pichu players do poorly in tournaments.

Pikaville

I think it's because of his speed/moves that can hurt and combo fox pretty bad.(don't hold me to that.)

P.S Drephen I like the brawl sig.Made me laugh.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
i'll stop crying when you stop sucking m2k's d.ick
Hmm, I quoted a post from him because I thought he brought up a good point. Then I added a little sarcastic sentence at the end of the post. Not exactly sucking his d!ck >_>

Top Bottom