• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

sheik ***** fox

Razor

Smash Journeyman
Attention Fox users- Sheik tears up fox

at first i thought this matchup was completely in fox's favor - WRONG.

Fox has trouble against a lot of characters bc he can get chain grabbed VERY WELL, but sheik's f-tilt infinite combo is so many times worse.

tried finding a video but i don't think i need one for this. All sheik has to do is F-tilt on fox about 10000 times and then up-smash. The thing is, sheik's tilt has dimishing knockback the more she uses it so fox doesn't bounce away and DI does NOT kick in. On top of that, sheik can change direction with the tilts. She can go right or left and what's EVEN WORSE....sheik can slightly move position WHILE tilting. If you get caught into that tilt, it's over. Completely broken.

If someone can figure out how to get out of it, explain. I tried finding a way out of this for a whole night...no one around me could figure it out.

super_bacon807

Smash Apprentice
Wow, Fox seems to be getting worse and worse in the coming weeks. Even more reason for me to main him...

sesshomaru

Smash Journeyman
lol well said bacon. I've never been caught in this so I don't know how broken it is. Obviously it seems terrible since you understand DI and still can't get out.

Add sheik to the do not fight with fox. Pikachu, sheik...check.

acojan

Smash Apprentice
lmao.... i 2rd main sheik i just happened to pass by this post

and you can DI out of this move.... a lot of the foxes i fight do not get caught up with this move... not even the heavyweights sometimes...... you can airdodge out of it im pretty sure and it knocks you up really high on the second ftilt giving you enough time to dodge.....

either that or i just suck with sheik (T_T)

Razor

Smash Journeyman
lmao.... i 2rd main sheik i just happened to pass by this post

and you can DI out of this move.... a lot of the foxes i fight do not get caught up with this move... not even the heavyweights sometimes...... you can airdodge out of it im pretty sure and it knocks you up really high on the second ftilt giving you enough time to dodge.....
(T_T)

no, the diminishing knockback keeps u in the tilts

homicidalrapist

Smash Apprentice
try shine spamming out while diing away.... i get cuaght in this kind of bs alot, shine spamming gets me out on the second or third ftilt.

"no, the diminishing knockback keeps u in the tilts" that may be true but hit stun also diminishes

golf?

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-5647-4777-2873
ahha yea dude if you dont get out after the 2nd tilt, game over. its real nasty against wolf too

acojan

Smash Apprentice
oh i just found something out ! to DI out of this move you actually need to DI towards sheik before the third or even fourth ftilt or you are screwed... unless the sheik messes up or somethin at about 80% it gets really hard to keep the juggle going ....

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
DI toward Sheik early on, SDI up and jump out later on. Diminishing knockback reduces hitstun too, guys...

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Melee
Fox counters sheik
Sheik counters Marth
Marth counters Fox

Brawl
Sheik counters Fox
Fox counter Marth (if this was a perfect world this would be the case)
Marth counters sheik

Sheik can do dtilt locks which can bring fox up from 0 to 30 damage before being escapable, 30 to high eighties with an ftilt lock finishing with a up smash. So...in two combos fox can have almost 90 damage and the best part of all he just entered ftilt into nair or bair combo ability.

Everything I just listed above except for the 0 to 30 damage dtilt lock is all constant combos.

How does it feel fox mains?

Does it feel good to be counter by the ninja?

Edit: Aww, Ankoku why did you have to tell them?

soul ark

Smash Ace
why dont you post this on sheiks board. We (or at least a good amout of us) know what to do in this situation.* im tired of looking in forums seeing "()*()( pAWns !@3" your not helping people your just annoying the fox users like myself who are trying to get better. Why dont you say somthing similar but ask for help because all your doing is giving all those stupid sheik people a reason to come to this board and i dont like that crowd.

*remove the controler and go home just kidding about the post but hateful topic other wise

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
DI toward Sheik early on, SDI up and jump out later on. Diminishing knockback reduces hitstun too, guys...
It's funny you needed to post that for people. I love how Fox players blindly believe anything you tell them, it's funny. Anyone worried about this should have tested it on their own and also checked the Sheik boards. Haha.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Sheik is not trash. I enjoy playing Sheik a lot actually. -_-;; (And at least there are plenty of Sheik-users actually contributing to Sheik's game, which cannot be said for Fox-users.)
hmm, I don't know about that Xiivi the Sheik forum is pretty dead and since Fox is still a good character I would imagine this forum would be more active.

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
hmm, I don't know about that Xiivi the Sheik forum is pretty dead and since Fox is still a good character I would imagine this forum would be more active.
The Sheik forum may be dead, but there is actual meaningful info helpful to Sheik's game.
The Fox forum may appear active but the majority of posts is from non-Fox users who make no contribution to Fox's game.

FreakingMethodiC

Smash Journeyman
The Sheik forum may be dead, but there is actual meaningful info helpful to Sheik's game.
The Fox forum may appear active but the majority of posts is from non-Fox users who make no contribution to Fox's game.
Shiek and Fox forums are both dead becuase there is nothing new to talk about, most fox users are too stuck up to think about improving their game or ask for help.

There was a time where i contributed somethings to forum forums. I had a small guide on how to approach with fox back when the american version first came out and that eventually faded off.

Most fox users now just wanna ***** about nothing, not like i can talk BUT recently i got 2nd wind on my fox game and i've been playing pretty well. I have 2 new fox rivals and i've been striving pretty hard on staying ahead.

And as for shiek, i still try and play her... but i don't like her new style. The idea of tilts that combo into tilts kinda bores the hell out of me. So good luck to all the shiek players who stay stronger through her nerf'ing.

smashfriend

Smash Rookie
one....

Attention Fox users- Sheik tears up fox

at first i thought this matchup was completely in fox's favor - WRONG.

Fox has trouble against a lot of characters bc he can get chain grabbed VERY WELL, but sheik's f-tilt infinite combo is so many times worse.

tried finding a video but i don't think i need one for this. All sheik has to do is F-tilt on fox about 10000 times and then up-smash. The thing is, sheik's tilt has dimishing knockback the more she uses it so fox doesn't bounce away and DI does NOT kick in. On top of that, sheik can change direction with the tilts. She can go right or left and what's EVEN WORSE....sheik can slightly move position WHILE tilting. If you get caught into that tilt, it's over. Completely broken.

If someone can figure out how to get out of it, explain. I tried finding a way out of this for a whole night...no one around me could figure it out.
it realy depends on whos playing.... so

soul ark

Smash Ace
I hate big o

anyway it does depend whos playing but in the long run it isn't how good the character is it's how broken he or she is. this trend however is subject to change

Top Bottom