• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Share a Classic Mode idea for a character you'd like to see as DLC, but don't name the character until somebody guesses it correctly!

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
For the most part, title says it all. However, please limit the boss selection to only the ones already in the game. That is all! Without further ado, here's mine.

- One default Jigglypuff on the Fountain of Dreams Stage
- A White-dress Peach and White-dress Daisy, on the Pictochat 2 Stage
- Invisible Ice Climbers, using any alt with Nana in the lead, in Omega Summit
- Three Purple Falcos in Omega Brinstar Depths
- Light Green Zero Suit Samus in Omega Living Room
- Giant Grey Kirby, also in Omega Living Room. These fights being linked like this is a reference.
- Bonus Game
- Crazy Hand, with Master Hand as well on Intensities 7.0 and up.

And that's it for mine. Try to guess and share yours as well.

Last edited:

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
  1. Red Ridley at Dracula's Castle
  2. Purple King K. Rool & Pink R.O.B at Distant Planet
  3. Orange Giant Bowser at Boxing Ring
  4. Monochrome Kirby at Dracula's Castle
  5. White Giant Piranha Plant that starts with a Killing Edge at Pirate Ship
  6. Bonus Game
  7. Purple King K. Rool & Black R.O.B at Frigate Orpheon
  8. Master Hand and Crazy Hand (just Master below 7.0)
I had to get pretty creative with these ones, since direct analogues are kinda hard to come by. (It's probably too easy to find out though.)

Edit: Guessed! It was Paper Mario.

I have no guess for you, because my library isn't big enough to even vaguely guess.

Last edited:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
1. Red Sheik on Find Me with Deaths Scythe
2. Gold Ganondorf on Omega Midgar with and Ore Club
3. Giant Green Ivysaur in Arena Ferox
4. Bonus Stage
5. Red K Rool on Omega Unoca League, Dragoon and Daybreak spawn
6. Giant Yellow Ridley on Brinstar Omega.
7. Wario on Omega Spear Pilliar, Wario is very evasive
8. Bowser>Giga Bowser

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Momotsuki Momotsuki I'm guessing from the giant grey Kirby fight in the living room that yours is Madotsuki from Yumme Nikki.
Ridrool64 Ridrool64 Yours is Arle Nadja and TCT~Phantom TCT~Phantom yours is Spyro.

Now for mine: all battles are 1v1 but each stock is a new opponent like with Squad Strike. Also each stage is an omega form.

EDIT: Since people still aren't sure, keep in mind that the above line should be a gigantic hint.
  1. Red Ken, grey Greninja, and yellow Little Mac on pirate ship.
  2. Blue Captain Falcon (that likes to grab), red Captain Falcon (that likes to use side-B), and green Snake at Kongo Falls.
  3. Red Zelda, blue villager, and green overalls Wario on New Pork City.
  4. White Sheik (that likes to use bouncing fish), white K. Rool, and team Skull hat Pichu on Suzaki castle.
  5. Bonus stage
  6. Purple Roy, Red female Wii Fit Trainer, and white Palutena on New Donk City.
  7. Regular Ganondorf on Dracula's castle, but he's harder to KO and his attacks deal more knockback then usual.
  8. Dracula.
Yeah I know some of the characters are a bit of stretch from what they were supposed to be. Bonus points if you can guess who each of the characters from the fights are supposed to represent.

Last edited:

Domino11332

Smash Apprentice
1) Two male Wii Fit Trainers on Wii Fit Studio, while Beastballs spawn
2) A fighting team of green alt Greninjas on Battlefield Warioware
3) Shiny alt Incineroar and Inkling on Boxing Ring
4) Fighting team of yellow alt tiny Diddy Kongs on Umbra Clock Tower
5) white alt Duck Hunt on Nintendogs
6) Purple alt Ryu on FD Suzaku Castle
7) Bonus Stage
8) The Hands

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Oof, I can't guess either Sari Sari or Domino11332 Domino11332 . This thread looks fun, though. I already covered my two most wanted in another thread, so I'll make a route for another character I want. I'm quite proud of this one.
  1. Player & Corrin vs. Roy on Colosseum (Music: Winning Road: Roy's Hope)
  2. Player & Ridley vs. Samus on Brinstar (Music: Theme of Samus Aran)
  3. Player & Yoshi vs. Mario on Super Mario Maker (Music: Super Mario World Medley)
  4. Player vs. Mii Swordfighter in Rathalos Gear on Battlefield (Music: Culdcept)
  5. Player & Charizard vs. 6 Jigglypuff on Kalos Pokémon League (Music: Vs. Champion (X & Y))
  6. Player & Corrin vs. Marth, Lucina, & Chrom on Arena Ferox (Music: Id: Purpose)
  7. Bonus Round
  8. Player vs. Rathalos (Music: Vs. Team Flare)

shocktarts17

Smash Ace
Is your Ravio, based on twin characters coming from Lorule? And is Dark Zelda meant to represent Hilda?
Yes and no.

Yes its Ravio but the idea was "Merchandise Roundup" where Ravio is taking on people who use several weapons and items. Yes dark Zelda was supposed to be Hilda with Bayonetta being a stand-in for Yuga to represent Ravio actually standing up to Hilda and Yuga this time.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Dang I thought the constant use of partners plus a fight against a Mii Fighter in MH gear meant that was it for sure.
As for mine... look at who the partners are. There's a theme to them, and that theme connects to the enemies they face.

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
Incorrect. I initially gave my only hint that it wasn't her, because I'd already thought up a Classic Route for her on a previous thread. If I were to elaborate any more, it'd be a dead giveaway as to who it is, but I will say that there's a reason there's two battles with a purple K. Rool and pink, then black R.O.B.

Rikarte

Smash Ace
  1. Red Ridley at Dracula's Castle
  2. Purple King K. Rool & Pink R.O.B at Distant Planet
  3. Orange Giant Bowser at Boxing Ring
  4. Monochrome Kirby at Dracula's Castle
  5. White Giant Piranha Plant that starts with a Killing Edge at Pirate Ship
  6. Bonus Game
  7. Purple King K. Rool & Black R.O.B at Frigate Orpheon
  8. Master Hand and Crazy Hand (just Master below 7.0)
I had to get pretty creative with these ones, since direct analogues are kinda hard to come by. (It's probably too easy to find out though.)

I have no guess for you, because my library isn't big enough to even vaguely guess.
It's Paper Mario!

Eldrake

Smash Lord
Note: :ultlink: shows up as an ally in every round with the exception of round 5
Round 1: Two :ultridley:
Round 2: Giant :ultpacman:
Round 3: :ultpichu:and :ultkrool:
Round 4: Giant :ultbowser:
Round 5: :ultlink:
Round 6: Bonus Game
Round 7: Giant :ultganondorf:
Round 8: Ganon

Hint: Link is a stand-in.

Last edited:

Fane

Smash Journeyman
Round 1: :ultike::ultrobin:
Round 2: :ultpalutena::ultisabelle:w/Healing Sprout
Round 3: :ultryu:w/Beam Sword :ultlink:
Round 4: :ultlucina::ultvillager:(f)w/Healing Field
Round 5: :ultbayonetta:
Round 6: :ultzelda::ultrichter:w/Killing Edge
Round 7: Bonus Game
Round 8: Rathalos

Corrin is your partner in every match.

My signature probably gives it away but it was fun to make regardless lol

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
It's Paper Mario!
Correct! It is Paper Mario.

The route would be called "The Thousand Year Smash", and it refers to the 8 Chapter Bosses from TTYD. Round 1 = Hooktail, Round 2 = Magnus von Grapple, Round 3 = Macho Grubba, Round 4 = Doopliss, Round 5 = Cortez (he was really tricky to do), Bonus at round 6 because nothing was supposed to happen there, Round 7 = Magnus von Grapple 2.0, Round 8 = Shadow Queen's Hands.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
First you fight against a red Robin on Castle Siege.

Then you fight Dark Pit in Dracula's Castle with Robin as an ally.

Then you fight Ridley with a Gust Bellows on Skyloft with Dark Pit as an ally.

Then you fight King K. Rool and Zero Suit Samus on Distant Planet with Ridley as an ally.

Then you fight Zelda on Temple with King K. Rool and Zero Suit Samus as allies.

The final battle pits you against the three Links on Hyrule Castle with Ganondorf as your ally.

LoZ00

Smash Journeyman
Here's mine, although it's an easy one:
Stage 1: :002: and Giant :ultike: @ Garden of Hope
Stage 2: :ultdk: and Giant :ultwario: @ Summit
Stage 3: :ultgreninja: and Giant :007: @ Great Bay
Stage 4: Two Giant :ultpiranha: @ Mushroomy Kingdom
Stage 5: :ultyounglink: @ Temple
Stage 6: Four Giant :ultpacman: @ Fountain of Dreams
Final Stage: Crazy Hand (Master Hand when intensity is higher or equal to 7.0)
Important note: a giant, gray :ultkirby: appears as your partner in every stage.

Luigifan18 Luigifan18 so you said that yours is a Pokémon, and you paired them always with a dragon-like character... But your final boss is a dragon, so it's either a Dragon or a Fairy type, at least to me... Or it's Cynthia...
I'm gonna say Garchomp, just because it's the Dragon-type Pokémon I would like to see the most, but it might just be Dragonite as well.

shocktarts17

Smash Ace
Here's mine, although it's an easy one:
Stage 1: :002: and Giant :ultike: @ Garden of Hope
Stage 2: :ultdk: and Giant :ultwario: @ Summit
Stage 3: :ultgreninja: and Giant :007: @ Great Bay
Stage 4: Two Giant :ultpiranha: @ Mushroomy Kingdom
Stage 5: :ultyounglink: @ Temple
Stage 6: Four Giant :ultpacman: @ Fountain of Dreams
Final Stage: Crazy Hand (Master Hand when intensity is higher or equal to 7.0)
Important note: a giant, gray :ultkirby: appears as your partner in every stage.

Luigifan18 Luigifan18 so you said that yours is a Pokémon, and you paired them always with a dragon-like character... But your final boss is a dragon, so it's either a Dragon or a Fairy type, at least to me... Or it's Cynthia...
I'm gonna say Garchomp, just because it's the Dragon-type Pokémon I would like to see the most, but it might just be Dragonite as well.
Skull Kid!

Pretty clever, I actually probably wouldn't have gotten in without the Kirby.

LoZ00

Smash Journeyman
Skull Kid!

Pretty clever, I actually probably wouldn't have gotten in without the Kirby.
You're right! As you figured out, Kirby is meant to represent the Moon, while the other opponents are meant to represent the masks and the boss of the corresponding temple (Wario as Goth because of the bike and Piranha Plant as Twinmold because it represents the worm better than any other character in my opinion). I chose Crazy Hand because the Skull Kid is chaotic. I'd name it something like 'A Terrible Fate'

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Your final guess is correct — my character of choice is Dragonite. I figured that since it's a dragon, its route should consist of facing dragonslayers. Mario is a stretch — I was thinking of the jerkass players who dump Yoshi into bottomless pits (and the romhacks and Super Mario Maker levels that force the player to do so in order to proceed). As for the Jigglypuff horde, it's the Dragon vs. Fairy matchup (though since Charizard would have a defensive type advantage over Jigglypuff, I considered throwing a couple of Squirtle in to menace it). The name of the route would be "Why do you all hate dragons?!" or something along those lines. Rathalos was chosen as the boss to display Dragonite as a friendly dragon who will face off against meaner dragons in order to protect others (if not for the existing boss stipulation, I probably would have went with Anankos).

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Battle 1::ultdarksamus:(3rd alt) on Port Town Area Drive
Battle 2: :ultkingdedede: (8th alt) on Summit
Battle 3::ultsonic: (8th alt) on Gerudo Valley
Battle 4::ultridley: (5th alt) on Green Greens
Battle 5::ultinkling: (5th Alt) on Great Bay
Battle 6::ultfalco:(8th alt) on Pilotwings
Bonus
Boss Fight: :ultwolf: and:ultganondorf: on Wily's Castle

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
1. 2 Sleeping Cap Jigglypuffs that prefer up-specials (but use other attacks as well) on Green Hill Zone; only pokeballs appear, and they only spawn Bellossom

2. Black Donkey Kong, Blue Wario (prefers his motorcycle; he's big) and two small Kirby on Garden of Hope; Diddy Kong is your ally

3. Giant Green Bowser, a small Green Bowser, and two brown Warios on Pirate Ship

4. Red King K. Rool and two small Greninjas - one red, one yellow - on Kongo Falls

5. White Ice Climbers and 3 green Piranha Plants on Summit

6. Green Falco, Yellow Piranha Plant, Green Fox, and White Ice Climbers on Yoshi's Island (Brawl); only bee hives appear; Duck Hunt, with their 8th coloration, are your ally

7. RACE TO THE FINISH

8. Master Hand (& Crazy Hand at 7.0 or higher)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

1. Mega Man on Wily Castle
2. Pac-Man on Pac Land
3.Ryu and Ken on Suzaku Castle
4. Donkey and Diddy Kong on Lingo Falls
5. Sonic on Green Hill Zone
6. Player and Sonic vs Mario on Rainbow Cruise
7. RACE TO THE FINISH
8. Giga Bowser

Tetrin

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7468-3675-9681
1) Corrin (Color 2) on Gaur Plain.
2) Sped up Sheik (Color 3) with a Killing Edge, and once she's defeated, two more Color 3 Sheiks with Killing Edges appear on Omega Unova Pokemon League.
3) First is a metal Color 8 Meta Knight, and once that's defeated, then two curry Jigglypuffs, then two Color 8 Inklings that prefer using Up B, then a Color 8 Marth and giant Color 5 Bowser appear on Arena Ferox.
4) Giant Mr. Game and Watch that avoid combat with a mini Color 8 Meta Knight, mini Color 5 Sonic that prefers using its forward B, and a mini Color 7 Young Link that prefers using its Neutral B on Dracula's Castle.
5) Pit and a Giant Color 8 Rosalina on Temple.
6) Giant Color 3 Ridley on Final Destination.
7) Giant Color 2 Roy on Omega Find Mii, enemy takes damage over time.

If you manage to guess mine, try guessing what each of the fights represent.

War Anvil

Smash Lord
NNID
BattlingIronItem
3DS FC
2208-4585-5395
Switch FC
SW-5940-1276-1225
1. Pink ZSS and Black Richter on Wuhu Island
2. Nowi-colored Lucina on Luigi's Mansion; becomes your partner at round 3
3. Smurf Ganondorf and tiny Cyan King K. Rool on Summit
4. Black Mewtwo and supersized Pink Inkling on Norfair
5. Giant Meta Ridley on Shadow Moses Island
Bonus Game
6. Hilda-colored Zelda on Omega Brinstar Depths; only Killing Edges, Rocket Packs, and Super Scopes spawn here
Final Boss: Either the Hands or Marx

Don't just guess the character I'm hinting at, but also the references in each round before the final boss!

Last edited:

Penroze

The Surreal Deal
Switch FC
SW-7239-4479-0495
Throughout the battles of the Classic Mode, food will appear sporadically. All battles are fought on Pirate Ship.
  1. Horde Battle of Tiny Olimars (black alt).
  2. Giant Mario (green alt).
  3. Two Giant Warios (classic green alt).
  4. Horde Battle of Giant Pac-Mans and Giant Kirbys (plaid alt and orange alt respectively).
  5. Tiny Lucas (grey alt) at 300% who only does side taunt.
  6. Giant Bayonetta (Bayonetta 1 alt).
  7. RACE TO THE FINISH
  8. Master Hand/Crazy Hand
This one's a hard one, so take your time. Don't get thrown off by the boss fight - it's just one of those cases where nothing fits super well.

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Most fights consist of an Assist Trophy that is permanently on the enemy side. They remain unless defeated.

1. Fight Kirby on Green Greens, with a Knuckle Joe.
  2. Fight Browser on Princess Peach's Castle, with a Hammer Bro.
  3. Fight Dark Pit on Reset Bomb Forest, with Phosphora.
  4. Fight Dark Samus on Frigate Orpheon, with a Metroid.
  5. Fight King K. Rool on Jungle Japes, with a Klaptrap.
  6. Fight Ganondorf on Skyloft, with Ghirahim.
  7. Race to the Finish!
  8. Boss: Marx, slightly more difficult than normal. Assist Trophies can spawn here, which can summon any of the Assist Trophies that were previously enemies.
This one's more like the Ultimate Classic modes, in that this supports a theme of a character rather than a series of events meant to homage the games, so this might be a bit tricky...

Top Bottom