• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Min Min (Nintendo) = Byleth
Steve (Microsoft/Mojang) = Banjo Kazooie
Sephiroth (Square Enix) = Hero (DQ series)
??? (???)
??? (???)
??? (???)

The remaining ones people are guess for. It is with the current companies in the last pass some speculate. (Companies left in FP1: Altus (AKA SEGA) and SNK)

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
Scuttle Town, Sequin Land, Possibly Turkey
Wouldn't be the first time. Still hoping for that improved netcode tho xD
That'd be pretty nice

Min Min (Nintendo) = Byleth
Steve (Microsoft/Mojang) = Banjo Kazooie
Sephiroth (Square Enix) = Hero (DQ series)
??? (???)
??? (???)
??? (???)

The remaining ones people are guess for. It is with the current companies in the last pass some speculate. (Companies left in FP1: Altus (AKA SEGA) and SNK)
That is interesting. Though I'll say it's coincidental that we have the same companies in the running for DLC characters. Though if we do see this as reality, I think SNK spent quite a bit of fuel while SEGA could sneak in a Kiryu and make it work.

zferolie

Smash Hero
That'd be pretty nice

That is interesting. Though I'll say it's coincidental that we have the same companies in the running for DLC characters. Though if we do see this as reality, I think SNK spent quite a bit of fuel while SEGA could sneak in a Kiryu and make it work.
I thought Kiryu is out because the creator said he doesn't want him to fight women, and thats why he doesn't want him to crossover into fighting games

SebTheGamer

Smash Journeyman
I don’t have many thoughts on Sephinoth. All I can say is I absolutely respect it for the fans to have more FF7 spirits and more FF7 music tracks because fans but it’s giving a higher risk for Geno being a mii costume and Sora being debunked. Deeply sorry, Geno and Sora fans. Also it confirms that any villains can join Smash as DLC like Dr. Eggman from Sonic The Hedgehog. I just don’t know how to feel about Shantae in the meantime because of 3 more slots then that’s it and even that GameBoy spirit event which it kind of reminds me about that because I don’t know if that means anything to Shantae’s chances and of course a Mii costume which it’s a problem tbh. I don’t know if I should give up or what. I’m just worried then again we have another year left so it’s plenty of time. Idk.

Last edited:

The Robot Dump

Smash Journeyman
Trolling/bait
At last, Geno fans and Sora fans can finally shut up and stop obsessing over their characters. I am glad Sepirotg got in the game.

The Robot Dump

Smash Journeyman
Dude relax. There’s no need to insult those Geno and Sora fans at all.
I know, but they're just so annoying, especially considering they keep making either keep making fake leaks (such as the Sora leak) or take literally everything related to the franchise they come from as a hint to their character coming to the game (Geno fans especially).

SebTheGamer

Smash Journeyman
I know, but they're just so annoying, especially considering they keep making either keep making fake leaks (such as the Sora leak) or take literally everything related to the franchise they come from as a hint to their character coming to the game (Geno fans especially).
Yeah some of those fans did expect it too much but some Geno fans just like to share some theories and speculations for fun you know. Even Sora fans

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I think geno mii costume pretty likely. Don't see why they'd remove it completely from this game.

Maybe chocobo hats will make it back too. I don't care for them though if they can have the other ff7 characters as mii costumes.

SebTheGamer

Smash Journeyman
I don't mind that leak being dead. Point is that we're finally getting rid of some competition.
Yeah I feel deeply sorry for Sora and Geno fans because it does sound heartbreaking. Imagine any indie character over Shantae. That would be so heartbroken too tbh but nobody is on top of her which it’s good because Shantae is a queen of indies. I just hope the listed characters leak is actually real still

Last edited:

The Robot Dump

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I feel deeply sorry for Sora and Geno fans because it does sound heartbreaking. Imagine any indie character over Shantae. That would be so heartbroken too tbh. I just hope the listed characters leak is actually real still
No worries. Smash still lacks an indie rep. We'll probably see the next Fighter by February or March.

SebTheGamer

Smash Journeyman
No worries. Smash still lacks an indie rep. We'll probably see the next Fighter by February or March.
Imagine Crash as a mii in Sephiroth pack. That will also be heartbroken especially to my longtime best friend Lachlan. Well either it’s Crash next or Shantae or anybody idk.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
Honestly, while I do feel bad for Geno and Sora fans(as well as 2B and Lara fans), there were a few that.... were a bit annoying. Still, that doesn't mean we should mock them or anything. I just hope the real diehard ones don't hurt themselves.

ehhhhhhh... anyone could have thrown in a list of many characters, all popular picks, and have a good chance of them happening. Sephiroth is a very iconic character.

The Robot Dump

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, while I do feel bad for Geno and Sora fans(as well as 2B and Lara fans), there were a few that.... were a bit annoying. Still, that doesn't mean we should mock them or anything. I just hope the real diehard ones don't hurt themselves.

ehhhhhhh... anyone could have thrown in a list of many characters, all popular picks, and have a good chance of them happening. Sephiroth is a very iconic character.
Well, we haven't seen a character who's not on the list so it's still alive.

Now that explains why Geno wasn't on the list.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Also, while atm smash DLC is planned to end at the end of this... honestly, there is a decent chance we may get more later. Sakurai is a mad man, and he obviously loves his crossover and guest characters. Plus this is making BANK of nintendo too, and I can see them wanting to keep making DLC till the end of the switches life cycle. And... I feel like Sakurai may want to try and hit a 100 character roster. again, because he is a madman.

Well, we haven't seen a character who's not on the list so it's still alive.

Now that explains why Geno wasn't on the list.
Looking at this post date, may 2019. shortly before Banjos reveal. Ok, hmmm I thought this was newer but if this list legit came out then...

So Banjo is a pretty good guess. Byleth being there.... when did 3 houses come out? did we have Byleths name known at this date?

Also, MinMin isn't on that list. Unless I am missing it

The Robot Dump

Smash Journeyman
Also, while atm smash DLC is planned to end at the end of this... honestly, there is a decent chance we may get more later. Sakurai is a mad man, and he obviously loves his crossover and guest characters. Plus this is making BANK of nintendo too, and I can see them wanting to keep making DLC till the end of the switches life cycle. And... I feel like Sakurai may want to try and hit a 100 character roster. again, because he is a madman.

Looking at this post date, may 2019. shortly before Banjos reveal. Ok, hmmm I thought this was newer but if this list legit came out then...

So Banjo is a pretty good guess. Byleth being there.... when did 3 houses come out? did we have Byleths name known at this date?

Also, MinMin isn't on that list. Unless I am missing it
The list was most likely from 2018, and an ARMS rep probably was not considered at the time, as the game was still relatively new at that time.

zferolie

Smash Hero
The list was most likely from 2018, and an ARMS rep probably was not considered at the time, as the game was still relatively new at that time.
Sakurai said though that ARMS and XC2 both just barely missed getting a fighter in, and would have otherwise in base. XC2 got a mii costume, and later they added MinMin as DLC. I think MinMin was planned

The Robot Dump

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai said though that ARMS and XC2 both just barely missed getting a fighter in, and would have otherwise in base. XC2 got a mii costume, and later they added MinMin as DLC. I think MinMin was planned
Maybe she was planned separately from other characters.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Maybe she was planned separately from other characters.
Oh the leak is fake. honestly MinMin missing does hurt this a lot. we know for a fact nintendo approached Sakurai about an ARMS rep, and they had 3 options on the table. Min Min, Ninjara, and Springman.

The Robot Dump

Smash Journeyman
Oh the leak is fake. honestly MinMin missing does hurt this a lot. we know for a fact nintendo approached Sakurai about an ARMS rep, and they had 3 options on the table. Min Min, Ninjara, and Springman.
I guess. Shantae still has a shot at Smash. I have already discussed why a Shantae Mii is highly unlikely and we most likely won't be getting one with Sephiroth. Geno is much more likely as a Mii.

zferolie

Smash Hero
I guess. Shantae still has a shot at Smash. I have already discussed why a Shantae Mii is highly unlikely and we most likely won't be getting one with Sephiroth. Geno is much more likely as a Mii.
Oh I think she has a shot still too. Being the only Indie given not just 1 spirit in base game, but 2. (Shovel Knight got more but he's also an assist trophy so him getting spirits as well make sense). and both of Shantae's spirits were WoL spirits.

It an't over till we get some hard deconfirmation, and since she doesn't fit any of the mii fighters, her only deconfirmation if sakurai, nintendo, or Wayforward say she is not going to be in.

Anyway, was making a list on fighters I like/seem likely, IF we were going to get 100 selectable fighters in the game, due to Sakurai being a madman and nintendo liking money. I see if going in 2 ways. right now at the end of the FP we will have 81 numbered characters, and 88 selectable fighters if each echo was counted on their own(which if they go to 100 I think it will be for selectable fighters not numbered 100). So the 2 ways are either 2 more fighter passes with 6 characters each, or 1 more fighter pass and then 6 echo bonuses added since they are cheaper and easier to make. I included both options with the characters I picked for this idea.

79. Shantae
80. Crash/Coco
81. Reimu

3rd fighters pass
82. Professor Layton/Katalina Layton
83. Ryu Hyabusa
84. Dr. Eggman
85. Rayman
86. Monster Hunter/Morrigan/Capcom rep
87. Tales of Rep

If 4th fighters pass
88. Waluigi
89. Geno
90. Dixie Kong
91. Isaac
92. Dante
93. Doomguy
94. Rex and Pyra

If Echo bonus'
E1. Medusa
E2. Impa
E3. Octolings
E4. Shadow
E5. Ms. Pac Man
E6. Dixie Kong

In that 3rd pass, any of the 1st party character could be swapped in there from the 4th fighters pass. I have Geno and rex in the 4th because I feel he will only unmii someone if there really are popular, and it will be late in the games life

The Robot Dump

Smash Journeyman
Oh I think she has a shot still too. Being the only Indie given not just 1 spirit in base game, but 2. (Shovel Knight got more but he's also an assist trophy so him getting spirits as well make sense). and both of Shantae's spirits were WoL spirits.

It an't over till we get some hard deconfirmation, and since she doesn't fit any of the mii fighters, her only deconfirmation if sakurai, nintendo, or Wayforward say she is not going to be in.

Anyway, was making a list on fighters I like/seem likely, IF we were going to get 100 selectable fighters in the game, due to Sakurai being a madman and nintendo liking money. I see if going in 2 ways. right now at the end of the FP we will have 81 numbered characters, and 88 selectable fighters if each echo was counted on their own(which if they go to 100 I think it will be for selectable fighters not numbered 100). So the 2 ways are either 2 more fighter passes with 6 characters each, or 1 more fighter pass and then 6 echo bonuses added since they are cheaper and easier to make. I included both options with the characters I picked for this idea.

79. Shantae
80. Crash/Coco
81. Reimu

3rd fighters pass
82. Professor Layton/Katalina Layton
83. Ryu Hyabusa
84. Dr. Eggman
85. Rayman
86. Monster Hunter/Morrigan/Capcom rep
87. Tales of Rep

If 4th fighters pass
88. Waluigi
89. Geno
90. Dixie Kong
91. Isaac
92. Dante
93. Doomguy
94. Rex and Pyra

If Echo bonus'
E1. Medusa
E2. Impa
E3. Octolings
E4. Shadow
E5. Ms. Pac Man
E6. Dixie Kong

In that 3rd pass, any of the 1st party character could be swapped in there from the 4th fighters pass. I have Geno and rex in the 4th because I feel he will only unmii someone if there really are popular, and it will be late in the games life
Pretty good speculation you got there! Let's hope Shantae is Fighter 9!

SebTheGamer

Smash Journeyman
Some people say Sephiroth was a spirit and break out the rules yet again but he wasn‘t a spirit. We have no FF7 spirits except for Cloud but now we are as DLC spirits

Last edited:

MeteoRain

Smash Journeyman
Shucks, no Crash.

Wait a minute, does anyone else recall a list of 40ish Nintendo suggested characters that everyone dismissed because there was no Min Min on it?

One I think I laughed at because it had Linkle...

Didn't it also have Sephiroth?

SebTheGamer

Smash Journeyman
Shucks, no Crash.

Wait a minute, does anyone else recall a list of 40ish Nintendo suggested characters that everyone dismissed because there was no Min Min on it?

One I think I laughed at because it had Linkle...

Didn't it also have Sephiroth?
It’s 41 characters and yes Sephiroth is in there too so the listed characters leak is still alive. Not Crash and Shantae leak. That one is now dead lol.

Last edited:
Top Bottom