• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
I know Cristina Vee's voice anywhere. Remember she can do plenty of different tones. Like seriously look at her VA history and compare all those voices and you can see she is a very talented VA which is why people hire her in the first place lol.

Can someone tweet her about it. I bet she would not deny it now that it is out there.

Tetiro

Smash Ace
I hope Shantae gets in. She is such unique character.

She has been around for longer than most potentials. Been there when Nintendo needed indies and has been long running.

Thanks to the internet and Indie scene, people now know who she is and what she is about.

I'm just glad she wasn't deconfirmed in any form thanks to the Spirits being all over the place. That and Chrom being everywhere.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Good morning everyone!
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Good morning everyone!
Morning. :)
How are you?

I hope I didn't put anything here that was already posted...

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero

M00NFIRE94

Smash Ace
So guys, we realize Spirits are like Pokémon right? You're feeding them something that helps level them up and soon as they reach the Max level, they change stats and appearance equivalent to evolution. Metal Gear Solid 3's Snake you can evolve into Ground Zeroes Snake for instance. This begs the question: does Shantae have an evolution also? What would that be?

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
So guys, we realize Spirits are like Pokémon right? You're feeding them something that helps level them up and soon as they reach the Max level, they change stats and appearance equivalent to evolution. Metal Gear Solid 3's Snake you can evolve into Ground Zeroes Snake for instance. This begs the question: does Shantae have an evolution also? What would that be?
Well, if she is an ace, then she likely has one more stage, that being legendary. For some reason I feel like it is gonna be something from Pirates Curse.

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
She evolves into Rottytops, why of course!

Hmm, for some strange reason, I feel like she could evolve into her Jammies...

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Well, if she is an ace, then she likely has one more stage, that being legendary. For some reason I feel like it is gonna be something from Pirates Curse.
Her pirate outfit if that's the case, though personally I'm hoping for the possibility of multiple evolution paths, then we could have ALL her outfits! The Eevee of spirits. :)

Man, it's amazing how simply giving a function to a non-playable entity, no matter how small, is enough to spark the imagination of many. No way would we be this excited if this was still a trophy that we just looked at.

D

Deleted member

I know Cristina Vee's voice anywhere. Remember she can do plenty of different tones. Like seriously look at her VA history and compare all those voices and you can see she is a very talented VA which is why people hire her in the first place lol.

Can someone tweet her about it. I bet she would not deny it now that it is out there.
I feel like she’ll talk about it once the game comes out

Btw it may not be just 1 line there could be more for cutscenes with voice dialogue.

zferolie

Smash Hero
I don't know why people didn't notice this but Zelda VA in that cutscene was done by Cristina Vee herself. Given how Shantae Zelda seems to act like in her mannerism and movements it makes sense. Probably NoA thinking the same thing as us and hired her for that dialogue.
I asked Christina if that was her playing zelda, never got a responce back. We have no offical word if she is zelda, as she has not confirmed a thing. She also never said she was working for in smash either. Lets not spread false info.

D

Deleted member

I asked Christina if that was her playing zelda, never got a responce back. We have no offical word if she is zelda, as she has not confirmed a thing. She also never said she was working for in smash either. Lets not spread false info.
Where has she said that?

zferolie

Smash Hero
NDA must have been extended until the game releases.
Or maybe she actually isn't voicing Zelda, and they haven't decided on shantae yet for DLC. Plus, actors can't and don't have to respond to every question. We can't take her not answers as an NDA.

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
Or maybe she actually isn't voicing Zelda, and they haven't decided on shantae yet for DLC. Plus, actors can't and don't have to respond to every question. We can't take her not answers as an NDA.
Yeah but I KNOW that voice anywhere. Like seriously place Shantae's image over Zelda's and you can literally tell it's her. Heck I have listened to Zelda's line over 100 times and I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt that the voice work is Cristina Vee.

D

Deleted member

Yeah but I KNOW that voice anywhere. Like seriously place Shantae's image over Zelda's and you can literally tell it's her. Heck I have listened to Zelda's line over 100 times and I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt that the voice work is Cristina Vee.
Yeah just watch when the game releases she’ll come out of her scilence at any second now

logicandreason

Smash Journeyman
Honestly I wouldnt be surprised if it was her. she got alot of acting gigs from nintento lately, like 5 volt and that new fire emblem game. Though if it was her it could potentially be more disheartening for us because that would mean nintendo had shantae's voice actor in the studio. or it could be a good thing, and makes her chances as dlc even higher. who knows.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Yeah, it may be her, but her not saying anything doesn't mean anything. She probably doeswn't feel the need to say anything, or maybe with this game they cannot say who voiced who till launch(though they did with Incineroar due to the person who did voice him)

Loungemen

Smash Journeyman
Sign me up for Team Shantae.

She may not be an AT, but that won't stop her from being a fighter. It's either her or Steve, and I really hope it isn't the latter.

Top Bottom