• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
10 cups of coffee and beating Pirate's Curse in one sitting has renewed my vigor! Always keep fighting! Never give up hope! Let's get our girl and boys in there!

EDIT: wow this looks awfully blurry, must be a legit smash leak
I have said this before and I will say it again, there is a surprising amount of TF2 fans here.

Hyfiner

Smash Apprentice
So wait, is Kazooie Shantae’s pet now? Because I don’t think Heavy owns Archimedes.
Well I don't remember Geno being a drunk black demolition man. Lets just chalk it up as an alternate universe where the machines are replaced by the evil clones in the story mode.

RockOfMind

Smash Apprentice
I can only read so much out of a motivational book guys! Also quit the pokepuns before I Rhydon this train too. oh shoot.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Pathetic. This is our push towards Smash Ultimate DLC and you guys are just going to whimper with your tail between your legs? You don't seem to know what Sakurai said in the Direct. He said that they haven't had the plans for DLC Fighters. And this is our chance to show Sakurai that we mean business! Stand up and shout, don't run away like a bunch of cowards! Because that's what our haters expect from us! They want us to be compliant with just a Spirit, when we know she can become more than that! We will not fade into the night with a whimper, but go out in a blaze of glory!
Hey! Hey! Don’t you dare believe we’ve all just given up. I’ve been confident in my support with her this whole time and plan on sticking with this group now more than ever. I didn’t abandon her during the last game’s lifespan and I will not abandon here now, now that we are closer than ever before to getting her in. I’ll make my push in any way I can and if you think we’re just gonna sit back and let this opportunity pass us by, well you’ve got another thing coming!

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
10 cups of coffee and beating Pirate's Curse in one sitting has renewed my vigor! Always keep fighting! Never give up hope! Let's get our girl and boys in there!

Funnily enough, drop Isaac and replace Doomguy with Ryu Hayabusa and you pretty much have my DLC list right there

D

Deleted member

There was a problem fetching the tweet
Oh wait I JUST saw this.
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
If the DLC has already been decided than we're screwed, but if it hasn't then it's ballot season round 2 I guess?
Hmm he’s not under an nda again That’s probably gonna be her fate.

Welp.........
Bye

#Shantae4smash6/7

Last edited by a moderator:

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
Sorry. Just got pessimistic there. The more realistic goal's Smash 6/7, since the DLC might already be decided.

This, but Shantae and Banjo are switched for accuracy's sake, and add Bandana Dee in there somewhere because 1: he deserves it and 2: Everyone there's 3rd party, so we need at least one Nintendo character.

Oh and also Euden from Dragalia Lost, since he's also Nintendo and since Katalina would steal his slot, he'd debunk Hype Killer Vergeben (unless his sources change their mind and it actually does end up being Euden who's leaked)

Shadowknight1

Banned via Administration
Why are @Connorb0t2 and Hollywoodrok12 Hollywoodrok12 automatically assuming DLC characters are 100% decided at this stage? Development hasn't started. If anything, I imagine Sakurai and team has a "short list" of potential DLC and Rex was too new to get on it. Shantae has a chance guys. We just have to believe! See my above post!

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Eh? Oof, that's embarrassing. I just saw a lot of comments that seemed to be rifled with doubt and other things and I thought "Oh God, they really have gone depressed".
Quite the opposite actually, at least from my end. Sure there is a bit of that, but it has mainly been greeted with warmth.

Hyfiner

Smash Apprentice

Welp.........
Bye

#Shantae4smash6/7
After everything that's happened this is what makes you give up?

If you keep having that mentality she's as good as gone already.

At least try and lighten up a bit.

Inoj

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1541-1574-0818
It sounds like some people need to hear

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I'm not sure how to react to this.

I'm still ****ing bitter about what happened, and while the nda over the spirit explains why they didn't talk about shantae for smash, it didn't have to make them completely silent. I don't like what this means for their behaviour.

Matt's tweet is energizing, and I'm curious if there's something more behind it, but it also means that shantae hasn't been already planned for dlc since he can talk about it now. I got the announcement I wanted I guess, but now you ****ing want me to rally to get her in when we weren't even sure what was going on? Do you think I'm flaky and will just forget what we've been through?

I can't just let go of all of it suddenly and cheer on for her inclusion when I'm still seething in this ****. Do I want shantae in dlc? Yes. But do I have the energy for it? No. If you guys want to move and flow with cheer, go ahead, I'll be in the back until I can make sense of this, emotionally and mentally.

have fun.

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
Scuttle Town, Sequin Land, Possibly Turkey
Quite the opposite actually, at least from my end. Sure there is a bit of that, but it has mainly been greeted with warmth.
Well, this is going be an awkward couple of weeks. However, I'll still push heavily for Shantae on Twitter. Support Matt Bozon in any way I can, give Sakurai a good look at what we can really do. Because if we don't, then having her as a spirit's all we're going to get in this game. And that may be acceptable enough for some, but to me, that's not gonna cut it. Especially not with all our locker full of conspiracies and actual evidence. And I still refuse to believe that Matt refused to get into the Indie Fighter games just so he could have a shot at Shantae.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Why are @Connorb0t2 and Hollywoodrok12 Hollywoodrok12 automatically assuming DLC characters are 100% decided at this stage? Development hasn't started. If anything, I imagine Sakurai and team has a "short list" of potential DLC and Rex was too new to get on it. Shantae has a chance guys. We just have to believe! See my above post!
Well sakurai said they decided them already, but vergeben and the other leaker said they are still working on it, so its 50-50.

Even then I doubt these 5 are the only DLC we are getting. There will be at least 1 more round, maybe 2. So don't just jump to smash 6 or 7, jeez.

Those 2 are very pessimestic...

Dukefire

Smash Master

I'm still ****ing bitter about what happened, and while the nda over the spirit explains why they didn't talk about shantae for smash, it didn't have to make them completely silent. I don't like what this means for their behaviour.

Matt's tweet is energizing, and I'm curious if there's something more behind it, but it also means that shantae hasn't been already planned for dlc since he can talk about it now. I got the announcement I wanted I guess, but now you ****ing want me to rally to get her in when we weren't even sure what was going on? Do you think I'm flaky and will just forget what we've been through?

I can't just let go of all of it suddenly and cheer on for her inclusion when I'm still seething in this ****. Do I want shantae in dlc? Yes. But do I have the energy for it? No. If you guys want to move and flow with cheer, go ahead, I'll be in the back until I can make sense of this, emotionally and mentally.

have fun.
Do what you want to do, just don't lose that glimmering light of hope.

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
Isaac is Nintendo.

:urg:
Oof! It's late where I am, so I glossed over everyone. But still now that Katalina's a thing, Euden would debunk Verge and Bandana Dee's a main character of one of Nintendo's main series and no longer "a stupid Hat Goomba ":ultpiranha:.

Welp.........
Bye

#Shantae4smash6/7
Don't leave just yet. Ultimate's roster was chosen based on who was popular at the time of Smash 4 DLC, so it's likely Smash 6/7 will end up being the same. Now is when we turn our volume up, not down. We're gonna need to take some time to recuperate, but it's either we go and fight to get another chance, or give up and get no chance.

Hey! At least I'm saying "Push now so we can get in later!". Connor just said "That's it. I'm jumping ship." That's a Hollywoodrok12 Hollywoodrok12 move, man.

have fun.
I completely understand that, and we're probably not gonna get into Smash 6/7, but we'll never know if we don't try.

Last edited:

Wwlink55

Smash Ace
That actually makes a lot of sense. 3 of the 5 DLC characters have already been confirmed and are not from the ballot, with the 4th likely being Byleth from FE3H, we probably are dead due to not being able to get in before all of the fighter slots went away. And then we're likely to not even be the first Indie rep, thanks to Steve.

All of that work for nothing but a png file with a scenario and some stat boosts... Why even put yourself through all that again for nothing when you can just support Vergeben or whoever's the top leaker's guys and get satisfaction 99% guaranteed?

Like I was gonna try and fight back, but seeing how I'm not the only one who lost hope... I don't know.
>3 out of 5 dlc characters confirmed

When?

Also, that Matt Bozon response was extremely vague. He might have responded to it, but the way he said it doesn't say one way or another whether shes in or not. He might just be trying to hype up the community.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero

have fun.
Does not matter what it is, an NDA means you can't say anything, and this was all for a thing that related to something much bigger, that being Spirits Mode as well as the World of Light. Of course they were completely silent.

As for everything else, go ahead. Feel free to return when you do sort all of this out though.

ProtoTwi

Smash Ace
NNID
Proto-Twi
Matt has called upon us to support her again, and some of you are jumping ship?
Ye of little faith. We must fight. Even it it looks impossible, we fight. I'd rather go down swinging.

It's relentless support that got us characters like Ridley and Krool. Shantae deserves the same relentless support

Wwlink55

Smash Ace
Even then... the hashtag use is a bit weird. I honestly have no idea what it means.

It could mean a "yeah, lets do it!", but it could also mean a "I recognize your support!"

He might have used the hashtag so people who are following it can see his tweet.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Oof! It's late where I am, so I glossed over everyone. But still now that Katalina's a thing, Euden would debunk Verge and Bandana Dee's a main character of one of Nintendo's main series and no longer "a stupid Hat Goomba ":ultpiranha:.
Verge heard nothing about Katalina nor Granblue.

That's from Hitagi, who Vergeben sees as reliable, but Vergeben never heard about Granblue from his own sources.

He also has a list of different Square Enix character names, so he's not saying Dragon Quest either (that's just LeakyPandy; I saw talk of this earlier so I just wanted to clear up misinformation. Steve is also from Hitagi, and while Verge has heard murmurs of Steve and was told "'possibly' a character," he's not sure about him, he just thinks it makes sense).

D

Deleted member

Sorry what I said but I don’t want to sink ship so I have to keep my expectations low ok?

Makai Wars

Smash Ace
I think everyone is really tired, like me haahahah
But the fact is if all the DLC fighters have been selected, Shantae, as of right now, clearly isn't one of them and we'll have to wait for a presumed wave 2. My thing is...didn't it kind of sound like Mr. Bozon was joking..? "Shantae for 4 out of the 5 DLC slots", it feels like he's saying he knows she's not DLC nor is in the running for DLC so might as well crack jokes since she's in Smash anyways. That's the impression I've been getting, I don't know.

I think it'll be impossible to go into this with the same optimism we had for the Ballot. We know the ballot didn't matter nearly as much as we think it did, we also know Wayforward's silence and keeping Shantae out of other fighters seems to mean nothing since she wasn't a fighter nor an AT. All the speculation we did landed us with a sticker and now Verge is saying the DLC slots are going to Steve, a SE character and a Granblue character.

It's just, I don't ever want to give up on Shantae but it really feels like every single thing is riding against her, even Matt seems to think she won't make the DLC cut. I just don't know you guys.

Teeb147

Smash Legend

Don't leave just yet. Ultimate's roster was chosen based on who was popular at the time of Smash 4 DLC, so it's likely Smash 6/7 will end up being the same. Now is when we turn our volume up, not down. We're gonna need to take some time to recuperate, but it's either we go and fight to get another chance, or give up and get no chance.

Hey! At least I'm saying "Push now so we can get in later!". Connor just said "That's it. I'm jumping ship." That's a Hollywoodrok12 Hollywoodrok12 move, man.

I completely understand that, and we're probably not gonna get into Smash 6/7, but we'll never know if we don't try.
Wow, that's the most bizarre tenacity I've ever seen. You put so much pessimism in front, I'm surprised you can't see the possibilities before it would get to the next smash. She still has a chance for dlc, but since you care enough to promote for the next smash, that's kind of.. inspiring in a way. Though I'll say that it'd be better if you could just do it for all of it, that is dlc and the next smash.
That said, I wouldn't be able to mobilize for the next smash yet. I'd need time or else..

Does not matter what it is, an NDA means you can't say anything, and this was all for a thing that related to something much bigger, that being Spirits Mode as well as the World of Light. Of course they were completely silent.

As for everything else, go ahead. Feel free to return when you do sort all of this out though.
Actually an nda just means you cant disclose the vital information, it doesnt mean you have to be silent.
They couldve at least given the regular responses.

Also. I'll be around, I just dont have the energy to cheer for now. If you guys want me to post less if I become a bummer though, let me know.

Wwlink55

Smash Ace
But the fact is if all the DLC fighters have been selected, Shantae, as of right now, clearly isn't one of them and we'll have to wait for a presumed wave 2. My thing is...didn't it kind of sound like Mr. Bozon was joking..? "Shantae for 4 out of the 5 DLC slots", it feels like he's saying he knows she's not DLC nor is in the running for DLC so might as well crack jokes since she's in Smash anyways. That's the impression I've been getting, I don't know.

I think it'll be impossible to go into this with the same optimism we had for the Ballot. We know the ballot didn't matter nearly as much as we think it did, we also know Wayforward's silence and keeping Shantae out of other fighters seems to mean nothing since she wasn't a fighter nor an AT. All the speculation we did landed us with a sticker and now Verge is saying the DLC slots are going to Steve, a SE character and a Granblue character.

It's just, I don't ever want to give up on Shantae but it really feels like every single thing is riding against her, even Matt seems to think she won't make the DLC cut. I just don't know you guys.
I think you are really misinterpreting it. Yeah, maybe he doesn't think so, but maybe he's just trying to "rally the troops" because he loves it when fans get excited. Who knows?

Holy ****ing ****! Matt officially has his chips on the table and it's time for us to stand with him NOW more than ever, don't even think about the possibility of the 5 characters already being decided. Did Ridley being a Boss in Smash 4 stop tons of people from voting for him in the ballot? NO, so we ain't gonna stop just because she's a Spirit. I'm putting this hashtag all over my twitter and I swear to any god that exists that I will NOT stop until the very last dlc character drops. I am literally begging everyone on this board and ANY Shantae supporters, DO NOT STOP FIGHTING!

#ShantaeForFourOutOfTheFiveSmashDLCs

EarlTamm

Smash Hero

Idk, does he really seem like the type of creator to toy with his fan base like that? And yes, I doubt there will be the same motivation, but the ballot did matter more than we thought. Most people thought it would only affect one character, but it seems to have had a potentially big affect on Ultimate's roster. That affect is more explicit for some than others(Looking at you K.Rool), but I do think the ballot shifted Ultimate. Plus, Verg does not sound that sure about some of those characters(And didn't he admit that himself).

zferolie

Smash Hero
Verge heard nothing about Katalina nor Granblue.

That's from Hitagi, who Vergeben sees as reliable, but Vergeben never heard about Granblue from his own sources.

He also has a list of different Square Enix character names, so he's not saying Dragon Quest either (that's just LeakyPandy; I saw talk of this earlier so I just wanted to clear up misinformation. Steve is also from Hitagi, and while Verge has heard murmurs of Steve and was told "'possibly' a character," he's not sure about him, he just thinks it makes sense).
Long story short, basically its looking the forst DLC will be a SE character, and 2 other slots have possible not not nearly as "confirmed" status. Even then, 2 slots are left and its being implied they aren't set yet, and there may be a few choices still being decided, or the first set is decided and we are looking for the second set for shantae.

its all up in the air now. just campaign assuming its for this DLC set, and if it its not keep campaigning for a second set and got from there

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Look if you want to drop out just say it. There's no Shaymin conceding.
I WON’T CONCEDE, :177: YOU!

Yeah, you’re right. Saying anything about her current role would’ve spoiled pretty much everything about this.

Sigh....

These stupid puns are going to be going on for Mawile
Oh geez, what have we done Hyfiner Hyfiner ?

Last edited:

Wwlink55

Smash Ace
Maybe? Am I being pessimistic? I have no idea.
Maybe. I think many of us are still a tad lethargic after yesterday. Nonetheless, its more important now than never to rub that sleepiness out of our eyes and let them know who we want for DLC! Even if they are decided already, letting them know we want Shantae will greatly increase the presence she has, which is very important to be added.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I WON’T CONCEDE, :177: YOU!

Yeah, you’re right. Saying anything about her current role would’ve spoiled pretty much everything about this.
Jeez, I havent thought about natu in a long time. at first I was like. xatu you? what?

Also, Im surprised you can all get rallied so quickly. Maybe im broke.

Top Bottom