• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord

Shark X

Smash Lord
My boys over at the Isaac thread made a good point about how the grinch leak is still living despite the debunking going on. take a look.
-Conflicts with vergeben and other surface leakers like Jon from gamexplain? If papa Genos is to be believed, Incinroar was leak bait.

Also who cares about Vergeban? Never understood why people believed him. He even proved himself a liar, and everyone overlooks it.

-Where would they announce this all? The intro cinematic, which would be in the style of Melee. Could tie into the story mode.

I doubt it. They'll probably go lazy again like they did with 4 and have no intro cinematic.

-Banjo is impossible due to being Microsoft owned? May I remind you that this is smash bros ULTIMATE! If there was ever a time to do the impossible and see the invisible, it’s now.

Plus considering we got Cloud, who has never been on a Nintendo system, pretty much anyone is fair game now.

-Isaac is irrelevant therefore the leak is fake? Exhibit A, King K rool.

K.Rool is the main villain of the Donkey Kong franchise. He never stopped being relevant. Just wasn't used in favor of a generic walrus last time for some reason. Despite that, relevancy never matters with Smash Bros. Granted Fire Emblem and Pokemon likely have to have more relevant characters, which again kills my hopes for Azura...

By the way, pretty sure this is a semi-good fake leak, just wanted to comment on these points.

Last edited:

Shark X

Smash Lord
Wait he did?
Last month or so, some guy claimed he had video proof of Steve he would be posting on 4chan the next day, and Vergeban claimed he talked to him and that they had some of the same sources. The guy lied about the video, so Vergeban had already claimed they had some of the same sources, which means Vergeban pulled a fake source out of a hat to back the other guys claim.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Last month of so, some guy claimed he had video proof of Steve he would be posting on 4chan the next day, and Vergeban claimed he talked to him and that they had some of the same sources. The guy lied about the video, so Vergeban had already claimed they had some of the same sources, which means Vergeban pulled a fake source out of a hat to back the other guys claim.

So dose that mean?.......

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
Scuttle Town, Sequin Land, Possibly Turkey
That he's not a real leaker. Just a liar who had less lucky guesses than me.
Considering you're Metal Sonic, that makes a lot of sense. :p

But, when did people in this thread think he was genuine in the first place?
When he had guessed a good chunk of E3 right. Now, I don't actually doubt he may have been a legit leaker during E3, but times have changed and he needs to see that his little card tricks won't work anymore.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Finally verge is finally OUT!!!

Plus I don’t se a shadow under chorus kids and Isaac is covering his shadow

Last edited by a moderator:

Shark X

Smash Lord
No one has ever explained this to me either. But here's how I see it.

"Oh he said Inkling, Ridley, Chrom, Dark Samus, and Simon Belmont!" So did I. Also guessed K.Rool. Wasn't that hard to guess the 6 most obvious characters. But he didn't even say K.Rool did he? Not as smart as he pretends to be. "Oh he said Richter too" Okay I never heard of that character anyway. Only thing I'll give him. "Oh he said Isabelle would be a semi-clone and not considered an echo!" So did I. What's your point? Yes most people assumed she would be an echo. I didn't. I knew she'd be a semi-clone. Not sure how, it was just a gut feeling. "Oh he said Incenaroar!" Oh you mean the only one that hasn't been proven true? "Yeah but every other leaker says him too!" And 99% of those leakers were liars. Maybe 100%. They were all bandwagon because he guessed 5 of the 6 most obvious characters in history, as well as Richter who again I'll give him credit for. "He said Ken!" Hell, I'm saying Ken. Ken is like the most super obvious one that hasn't been proven yet. One random guy guessing Ken doesn't make him the only person in the world to think Ken first. Everyone guessed Ken, but suddenly everything thinks Vergeban is the only person to ever guess Ken.

NukeA6

Smash Master
Just like how the sky is blue and water is wet. I can't believe anyone would believe Ken + Incineroar would be left as the last reveals. As if Sakurai would save the worst for last.

Last edited:
No one has ever explained this to me either. But here's how I see it.

"Oh he said Inkling, Ridley, Chrom, Dark Samus, and Simon Belmont!" So did I. Also guessed K.Rool. Wasn't that hard to guess the 6 most obvious characters. But he didn't even say K.Rool did he? Not as smart as he pretends to be. "Oh he said Richter too" Okay I never heard of that character anyway. Only thing I'll give him. "Oh he said Isabelle would be a semi-clone and not considered an echo!" So did I. What's your point? Yes most people assumed she would be an echo. I didn't. I knew she'd be a semi-clone. Not sure how, it was just a gut feeling. "Oh he said Incenaroar!" Oh you mean the only one that hasn't been proven true? "Yeah but every other leaker says him too!" And 99% of those leakers were liars. Maybe 100%. They were all bandwagon because he guessed 5 of the 6 most obvious characters in history, as well as Richter who again I'll give him credit for. "He said Ken!" Hell, I'm saying Ken. Ken is like the most super obvious one that hasn't been proven yet. One random guy guessing Ken doesn't make him the only person in the world to think Ken first. Everyone guessed Ken, but suddenly everything thinks Vergeban is the only person to ever guess Ken.
He never once mentioned Richter, Chrom or Dark Samus, he only even mentioned Simon because he was piggybacking off of Stealth. This is why I never believed him, how do you manage to miss every single echo fighter (and K. Rool) but somehow he knows about Ken? He's just a lucky guesser who read the flow of the community to make vague predictions and pretend they're leaks. Hell, he didn't even mention Incineroar until people started bringing up his popularity in the anime, at first he just said not Lycanroc, Decidueye, or Mimikyu

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
Last month of so, some guy claimed he had video proof of Steve he would be posting on 4chan the next day, and Vergeban claimed he talked to him and that they had some of the same sources. The guy lied about the video, so Vergeban had already claimed they had some of the same sources, which means Vergeban pulled a fake source out of a hat to back the other guys claim.
I think you are confusing people. Vergeben said he had the same sources not of that 4chan guy, but a reddit guy that first leaked the samurai spirits game, and then added on about steve. Verge never said anything about a 4chan user

Shark X

Smash Lord
So dose that mean?.......
But, when did people in this thread think he was genuine in the first place?
He never once mentioned Richter, Chrom or Dark Samus, he only even mentioned Simon because he was piggybacking off of Stealth. This is why I never believed him, how do you manage to miss every single echo fighter (and K. Rool) but somehow he knows about Ken? He's just a lucky guesser who read the flow of the community to make vague predictions and pretend they're leaks. Hell, he didn't even mention Incineroar until people started bringing up his popularity in the anime, at first he just said not Lycanroc, Decidueye, or Mimikyu
Yeah I know he wasn't mentioning Incineroar at first until he 'checked with his sources'. But I was pretty sure he guessed Richter a correctly, and that was the only reason most people were believing him.

Yeah I know he wasn't mentioning Incineroar at first until he 'checked with his sources'. But I was pretty sure he guessed Richter a correctly, and that was the only reason most people were believing him.
Nope, the only person to mention Richter was the guy who said Gardevoir would be playable with Gothitelle as an echo. Verge has never mentioned any echo besides Ken.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Finally verge is finally OUT!!!

Plus I don’t se a shadow under chorus kids and Isaac is covering his shadow
I can see some shadow under Chorus Kids, and it's not like Inkling's shadow isn't weird in the official art compared to some other shadows; in the leak, Inkling's shadow still seems to be there, but the quality of the image makes the brighter part of the stage seem to bleed into it, so you don't see the little that's in front of her.

I also don't see how Isaac covering his shadow is a point against it? That's completely normal.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
So, because I am god damn insane, all morning I've been working on a character select screen that has these leaked characters, plus some more as there are rumors, leaks, saying around that there are more from multiple people online. Plus it includes shantae because i feel she still has a chance even if the leak is true.

So, right now if its JUST the leaks, here is what the character selection screen could look like

Smash CHaracter select screen.png

And this is how the Music screen would work with the 3 most likely series getting icons on it

music_smash- with potional leak icons.png

Now, I know some people hate to even think this but... what if Vergeeben was right? About Incineroar and a minecraft stage? Well, no way it could fit on a screen like that, you would need to either remove random(not happening i feel) or add another row. This is easy to do just by shrinking the roster grid down to just be 97% its last size. But then that leaves 5 more slots after Incineroar.

Also, stages. Right now with just the leaked banner to have a minecraft stage Mach Rider can't get one, which makes sense, as not every retro has a stage(ROB). Now, if we take into consideration more characters are coming then the leaked banner(possible given if verge is right and other twitter users that have been correct are saying), and if Shantae is one of the, how would the stages work? Well, I am thinking maybe Banjo and Kazooie don't get a stage or music icon... What if the stage their music is on... is the minecraft stage. A Minecraft version of Spiral mountain?Its not as crazy as it sounds. You get Minecraft rep and the Banjo and Kazooie stage at once, makes Microsoft happy for sure. So then who gets that Banjo Music icon?

music_smash- with potional leak and shantae icons.png

Shantae. Its also possible Golden sun or Rhythm Heaven or even shantae don't get a music Icon, or even Geno doesn't get a stage and Shantae doesn't get a music icon. Or geno no stage and Golden Sun no icon, both of those later ones letting Banjo and minecraft have their own stages. It can go multiple ways here.

Now as for the roster if Verge is right plus more then just inceniroar is missing(as whats that twitter users name that was talked about here said, I'll edit it in if someone tells me) Well, here is my example

Smash CHaracter select screen Roster Complete.png

Uniques of Inceniroar, Skull Kid, and Shantae. Echos of Impa(shiek), Medusa(Palutena), and Ms Pac-Man(Pac-Man)

Reasons for these: Incineroar to play to the if Vergeben is actually right about him, as are a few others saying that, Skull kid because Zelda hasn't got a rep since Melee, so adding an echo and Unique makes sense(Metroid did it), Shantae because she best girl and still so much pointing to her, Impa for the same reason of skull kid and is a reoccuring character, Medusa because Sakurai Baby a female villain and could fit well, and Ms Pac Man Because every other third party is getting a new one so makes sense the co developing company gets one.

Yes, this really is a ton of new fighters, and with just 6 weeks getting all these are unlikely, unless Sakurai just goes nuts and was tricking us saying not many our left to keep our expectations low. This list also shows how easiy it is to even just add 6 more DLC fighters, and you can add another row below with some more scaling easily, giving us another 14 characters as DLC over the years.

... man I think way too much about these things... hope I don't come off as crazy

A1Again

Smash Cadet
Wow, I just love how people are starting a freaking war over this leak. I've been harassed several times by at least 12 different people on YouTube over this. I'm done posting until the Smash community gets its crap together.

At least this place is still as pleasant as ever.

EDIT: This is like Election 2.0

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
Wow, I just love how people are starting a freaking war over this leak. I've been harassed several times by at least 12 different people on YouTube over this. I'm done posting until the Smash community gets its crap together.

in youtube comments on a video of yours or somewhere else?

hassoutobi

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5344-2558-0842
Switch FC
SW 7858-1447-7386

this really is ESRB leak 2.0 because people are 2× as toxic now as they were then.

D

Deleted member

If this is real don’t go hard on WF plz.

I mean look at me I’m happy with this roster and there’s no Steve

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
I wasnt thinking of posting right away again, but I thought it was good to see this one too, because we can see more brightly the area with the waterfalls and the structures (which are missing from the leak):

Hot **** that looks incredible.

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
So, because I am god damn insane, all morning I've been working on a character select screen that has these leaked characters, plus some more as there are rumors, leaks, saying around that there are more from multiple people online. Plus it includes shantae because i feel she still has a chance even if the leak is true.

So, right now if its JUST the leaks, here is what the character selection screen could look like

View attachment 171941

And this is how the Music screen would work with the 3 most likely series getting icons on it

View attachment 171942

Now, I know some people hate to even think this but... what if Vergeeben was right? About Incineroar and a minecraft stage? Well, no way it could fit on a screen like that, you would need to either remove random(not happening i feel) or add another row. This is easy to do just by shrinking the roster grid down to just be 97% its last size. But then that leaves 5 more slots after Incineroar.

Also, stages. Right now with just the leaked banner to have a minecraft stage Mach Rider can't get one, which makes sense, as not every retro has a stage(ROB). Now, if we take into consideration more characters are coming then the leaked banner(possible given if verge is right and other twitter users that have been correct are saying), and if Shantae is one of the, how would the stages work? Well, I am thinking maybe Banjo and Kazooie don't get a stage or music icon... What if the stage their music is on... is the minecraft stage. A Minecraft version of Spiral mountain?Its not as crazy as it sounds. You get Minecraft rep and the Banjo and Kazooie stage at once, makes Microsoft happy for sure. So then who gets that Banjo Music icon?

View attachment 171946

Shantae. Its also possible Golden sun or Rhythm Heaven or even shantae don't get a music Icon, or even Geno doesn't get a stage and Shantae doesn't get a music icon. Or geno no stage and Golden Sun no icon, both of those later ones letting Banjo and minecraft have their own stages. It can go multiple ways here.

Now as for the roster if Verge is right plus more then just inceniroar is missing(as whats that twitter users name that was talked about here said, I'll edit it in if someone tells me) Well, here is my example

View attachment 171947

Uniques of Inceniroar, Skull Kid, and Shantae. Echos of Impa(shiek), Medusa(Palutena), and Ms Pac-Man(Pac-Man)

Reasons for these: Incineroar to play to the if Vergeben is actually right about him, as are a few others saying that, Skull kid because Zelda hasn't got a rep since Melee, so adding an echo and Unique makes sense(Metroid did it), Shantae because she best girl and still so much pointing to her, Impa for the same reason of skull kid and is a reoccuring character, Medusa because Sakurai Baby a female villain and could fit well, and Ms Pac Man Because every other third party is getting a new one so makes sense the co developing company gets one.

Yes, this really is a ton of new fighters, and with just 6 weeks getting all these are unlikely, unless Sakurai just goes nuts and was tricking us saying not many our left to keep our expectations low. This list also shows how easiy it is to even just add 6 more DLC fighters, and you can add another row below with some more scaling easily, giving us another 14 characters as DLC over the years.

... man I think way too much about these things... hope I don't come off as crazy
Whoa, you did a splendid job on those! :)
Hats off to you, pal.

Shark X

Smash Lord

View attachment 171941
So, by your logic, Chorus Kids would be number 69? I was about to say 'kinky' due to there being three of them, but then I remembered the name 'kids'...

and there’s no Steve
Literally the #1 reason to rejoice if this leak is true.

Mango The Magician

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mango_Magician
So... how is everyone? I hope you guys are trying to keep calm about all this.
Calm, but also upset because I'm starting to get that feeling that the leak is real.

So I guess we've got DLC (assuming there is any) to look forward to or maybe a character that isn't on the mural yet...but I'm gonna be honest, I doubt that that's the case if this leak is real.

D

Deleted member

So... how is everyone? I hope you guys are trying to keep calm about all this.
I’m calm I’d be in joy if this were the final roster and wouldn’t mind shantae showing up as an assist heck I can just make a mii out of her if that happens.

D

Deleted member

So, by your logic, Chorus Kids would be number 69? I was about to say 'kinky' due to there being three of them, but then I remembered the name 'kids'...

Literally the #1 reason to rejoice if this leak is true.
Don’t blame me blame the ugly *** steve model

Whoops I double posted:p

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Regardless of if this leak is fake or real, we need to keep supporting her for as long as we can. Breaking down and giving up hope now isn’t going to solve anything.

Top Bottom