• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
THe Reason I say this is...if we arent getting new ATS in a direct then that GREATLY increases the chance of Shantae being playable as Im almost certain she's in the game to some extent. and well if she's just a trophy its gonna be in a blog update or a direct.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?

GoodShepperd

Smash Apprentice
For me personally, bring it on! xD

I'm the type that would rather know than to see her show up in a reveal trailer. Though I'll admit a reveal trailer would be more hype.
yea I don't have the patience for this whole "Hype cycle" thing, I'm down to just know what's up asap

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Gonna take a stab in the dark and say Sakurai probably learned not to leave files for data mining after Roy/Ryu got leaked via the 3DS version.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
If that's the case, we'll at least be able to see if the Gardevoir leak gets corroborated or not.
Here's a concern tho. What if they use this as leverage and lie about the data they find? They might try to copy the style it's in and give fake info.
So I think it's not really a good thing. That said, I'm curious about what they find, in the case where they're frank about it :p

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
For me personally, bring it on! xD

I'm the type that would rather know than to see her show up in a reveal trailer. Though I'll admit a reveal trailer would be more hype.
I share the same mindset. I feel ready to know IF this is 100% real, and can be reliably datamined to yield what is really in the game.

That is, of course, assuming nothing is absent from the demo or has otherwise been scrubbed.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
They're just gonna find Gardevoir and Gothitelle, all the rest of the stuff is the same :p

Last edited:

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
A
All this **** would have to do is record at one of the many times people have been able to play a demo, then make an alt account asking for that specific action to the "main" account and boom looks like hye ave legit demo copy stolen in heir possession.

Also I looked at all the comments tin the thread Because he doesn't really have it
He's ignoring all the top comments asking for more pictures and answering only the ones that he can make **** up for

Last edited:

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
A
All this **** would have to do is record at one of the many times people have been able to play a demo, then make an alt account asking for that specific action to the "main" account and boom looks like hye ave legit demo copy stolen in heir possession.
Agreed. I feel like there needs to be a TON of proof to corroborate this event. We can't trust any datamined results unless we know 100% this is legit.

EDIT: the person has said that they believe it is the E3 build (given K. Rool and Simon are absent). If this is the case, all remaining new characters could be completely absent/scrubbed from the data.

e3 build.png

Last edited:

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
That's a lot of effort to fake an act. He hasn't even leaked anything yet (to my knowledge).

I suppose other people will be skeptical though and we'll see more "proof" if it's true or not. If he took the effort to "prove" it then he should take the effort to resoundingly prove it.

Jave

Smash Ace
NNID
Javeman
Yeah, if Sakurai learned anything from the Ryu/Roy leak they should not put any revealing placeholder info in the demos. I'm not expecting the entire roster to get leaked.

Either way this is something that shouldn't have happened. Poor Intern-kun will be getting scolded again.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Don't expect a datamine to reveal anything. the 3DS one was scrubbed last time, no reason to assume it'll be any different this time.

ProtoTwi

Smash Ace
NNID
Proto-Twi
Yeah, if Sakurai learned anything from the Ryu/Roy leak they should not put any revealing placeholder info in the demos. I'm not expecting the entire roster to get leaked.

Either way this is something that shouldn't have happened. Poor Intern-kun will be getting scolded again.
i dunno. with how massive the game is, scrubbing data you don't want out is kinda a large task, there is still likely remnants in the files of characters, in some form, if this gets data mined it could reveal everything.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Know the reddit user, got it.

Well, let's see where it goes. I don't think they'll find much in the data, but I am concerned about some people getting to play it before everyone else :p

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
Hes omn this site right now doing an AMA username Zipzo.

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
I have a feeling the data for unrevealed characters and K. Rool and Simon is absent from this demo.

Time will tell. If the story is true, time is ticking down either way, fast.

Last edited:

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
Probably faking. Note this tweet from Alpharad: https://twitter.com/alpharadtv/status/1034615689754144769
"The more I think about it, the easier it is to have this be a fairly elaborate bamboozle. Record footage at say EVO of Snake/Bayo taunts, claim you have the demo, make a fake account requesting for footage of Snake/Bayo taunting. I'm not sold yet that this is real. "

It could even be a friend instead of a fake account.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
It's sounding like it's from a build that doesn't have K Rool and Simon, but I fully expect more fake leaks in the coming days that have a "plausible" roster. As always, we can't trust anything until we hear it from the man himself.

This is another reason I hate leaks. I can't help but feel bad for Sakurai and the development team.

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord
They're just gonna find Gardevoir and Gothitelle, all the rest of the stuff is the same :p
If that happened, I’d probably flip some pretty serious ****, considering those are both part of the half of the designs for pokemon I hate, and for the fact that Gardevoir has 0 evidence to being playable (especially when marketing is the big evidence from pokemon, and that honor went to Sceptile’s return in the tcg in June).

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
It's my nature to be skeptical of these things. I don't care what any leaker says, not even if they say Shantae is playable. I'm not believing anything unless it's from Sakurai or Nintendo.

Top Bottom