• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

Comedic Comrade

Smash Journeyman
One example is when the Ubisoft Mii costumes were released, the FP2 lineup was already finalized. If Rayman was chosen for that 2nd pass, they would've saved the Ubisoft costumes for him. At least, that's my theory.
Oh yeah, I have the same theory. We got Sans and Cuphead Miis too, and they're both Indies. Shantae is also an Indie. Since we have indie and Ubisoft Miis, I think we're getting them next. It's just a theory, but I'm holding onto it until we see for ourselves on June 15th.

3D Dillon

Smash Ace
Oh yeah, I have the same theory. We got Sans and Cuphead Miis too, and they're both Indies. Shantae is also an Indie. Since we have indie and Ubisoft Miis, I think we're getting them next. It's just a theory, but I'm holding onto it until we see for ourselves on June 15th.
My point is with the exception of Square Enix for Dragon Quest before Sephiroth is revealed, NO THIRD PARTY COMPANY had Mii Costumes prior to one of their character being fighters. The Minecraft costumes weren't in the Banjo pack because they knew that Steve was in development. Geno wasn't used until Sephiroth (rather than Hero). Bethesda had Vault Boy as a costume before Steve, but that was before they were purchased by Microsoft. Also, Sans and Cuphead are owned by different indie companies.

Last edited:

Comedic Comrade

Smash Journeyman
My point is with the exception of Square Enix for Dragon Quest before Sephiroth is revealed, NO THIRD PARTY COMPANY had Mii Costumes prior to one of their character being fighters. The Minecraft costumes weren't in the Banjo pack because they knew that Steve was in development. Geno wasn't used until Sephiroth (rather than Hero). Bethesda had Vault Boy as a costume before Steve, but that was before they were purchased by Microsoft. Also, Sans and Cuphead are owned by different indie companies.
Good point. And yes, I am aware of Sans and Cuphead being owned by other companies.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well, one day to go.

I wonder if they'll do like they did at old E3s and announce multiple characters or wether it'll be just the one and the final one is saved for an Autumn direct or something.

The one thing that I have at the back of my head is that this character pass is 6 packs rather than 5 which makes me wonder if one more character than initially expected got in...

Dukefire

Smash Master
Stay away from the forums when it is time. When tomorrow comes, I'll return at 1pm (CST on my side) since everyone has seen the challenger and any other future news by now.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
Not much of nintendos direct leak. Some do yes, but maybe just 25% of a direct. Nintendo is a lot more secure then other places.

Also, i doubt the smash character will leak at all, unless nintendo themselves accidentally do it like the snk issue.

Dukefire

Smash Master
The appetizers is what a lot of people eat first, so the chef will make sure the main course dishes are ready before serving it. No peeking.

Chaosmaster8753

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ChaoticZelos3578
3DS FC
2750-1187-7177
That didn't take long for OG Shantae to get ported to a different console outside of the Switch.

Schonberg

Smash Journeyman
RIVER CITY GIRLS 2 LETS GO!!!!

There was a problem fetching the tweet
AND PLAYABLE MARIAN LETS GO

also, on the topic of tomorrow, while I was one of the people supporting the idea of there only being one reveal, this is the evidence I needed to change my tune.

Seems like it’s gonna be two after all unless there’s an error or they just uploaded a trailer to that folder as well.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

also, on the topic of tomorrow, while I was one of the people supporting the idea of there only being one reveal, this is the evidence I needed to change my tune.

Seems like it’s gonna be two after all unless there’s an error or they just uploaded a trailer to that folder as well.
From what I've seen, that's not actually the Smash Bros. account/playlist in that image. (I don't have the image showing more of that Youtube account, but the playlist not being updated since Hero seems to be a sign that it's not the official one)

Then again, maybe I'm mistaken and it's just an outdated playlist. Still, it seems odd to not update it for over half a dozen characters ( :ultbanjokazooie: :ult_terry: :ultbyleth: :ultminmin :ultsteve: :ultsephiroth::ultpyra:) and then update it now.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
From what I've seen, that's not actually the Smash Bros. account/playlist in that image. (I don't have the image showing more of that Youtube account, but the playlist not being updated since Hero seems to be a sign that it's not the official one)

Then again, maybe I'm mistaken and it's just an outdated playlist. Still, it seems odd to not update it for over half a dozen characters ( :ultbanjokazooie: :ult_terry: :ultbyleth: :ultminmin :ultsteve: :ultsephiroth::ultpyra:) and then update it now.
Not to mention that hidden video could just be the Mii costumes or something.

Comedic Comrade

Smash Journeyman

This could mean two things. Either it's a trailer and the presentation, or it's two trailers for two characters.

Schonberg

Smash Journeyman
Watch Sakurai be the Madman and announce a Fighters Pass 3.
People think it’s unlikely, but nintendo asking for 1 more DLC pass from a team already assembled and on a game that’s progressing fine and selling gangbusters while the company takes time to get their projects back on their feet after covid is sounding more and more likely as the rest of E3 has been filled with a loooot of delays or announcements of nothing...

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
People think it’s unlikely, but nintendo asking for 1 more DLC pass from a team already assembled and on a game that’s progressing fine and selling gangbusters while the company takes time to get their projects back on their feet after covid is sounding more and more likely as the rest of E3 has been filled with a loooot of delays or announcements of nothing...
Also we know covid has made things a lot harder for game development. If they stopped doing DLC and everyone moved on to new projects that would me putting together new teams, new hires, lots more meetings... Probably just easier to keep everything that's already put together and keep riding it out until things have gotten back to normal.

That said if they did stop at pass 2 I would not blame anyone and certainly am not expecting any more than we have been promised.

etnoika

Smash Cadet
I think there is still a chance for a FP3. But I don't expect it to be more than 3 characters or so.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Lets try to keep all info under spoilers tab in case some people didn't see the direct yet. Yeah, Good Luck to y'all and enter with caution

Schonberg

Smash Journeyman

I take it back, I was right all along that there would only be one announcement 🤣

Overall, while the bar was absurdly low this year, Nintendo still more than won E3. Advance Wars 1+2 is exactly what I wanted with an old series revival, BOTW2 is looking great, METROID DREAD AFTER ALL THESE YEARS, and Kazuya is a sweet pull, not my first fighting game choice but I do still like me some Tekken.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Vergeben was wrong. Lol. Kazuma looks fun even if I didn't care much for him. Namco deserved another rep

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Happy about Wario Ware and Mario Party, and I guess Mario Golf too.
Smash reveal.. meh. Maybe some other people will like a tekken character. Would've preferred Soul Calibur by a lot tho.

Schonberg

Smash Journeyman
He claimed it was going to be (spoiler tagging in case it winds up being CP11)
Master Chief.

Hah, figures, his sources have definitely dried up if it involves just calling out one of the biggest speculated characters with no other evidence supporting it besides fan want

Lloyd Irving for sure. Tekken and Tales of Symphonia are both owned by Bandai Namco, and now that Kazuya has entered the fray, it looks like we won't be getting any more characters from Bandai Namco for this pass.
Absolutely Lloyd, probably 1-2 more Tekken ones since we already got Heihachi back with Min Min.

And thus, my theory of the final Mii Fighter wave being a collection of all “indie costume with music” costumes coming with Shantae enters its final phase...

Top Bottom