• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

Paragon-Yoshi

Smash Lord
Speaking of a Shantae Fighting Game...
It is actually something I've randomly come up with on a noon walk.

I guess Hyper Dragon Ball Z left some impression on me.
And before I knew it, I had an idea for a Shantae themed Mugen/Ikemen game.
One that focused on Half-Genie's as characters.

Of course, Shantae would be one of them. Duh!
But all the other Half-Genie characters from Seven Sirens would be characters as well.
Not only allowing them to shine at all, but also exploring new abilities and heights, fitting for their character.
And then I thought of a couple new Half-Genie characters. Raising the number of characters to around 8 to 10.

Like I said, a random idea that just so happened to pop up inside my head.
Thoughts? ^^;

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Well there we go then. :D

Congrats Shantae fans. We've got 1000 pages!

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Pretty quiet day for it, But still we reached the milestone ;)

Next milestone, shantae in smash XD

Teeb147

Smash Legend
...guess I should've waited one more page...
Heh s'ok. Well if there was a shantae fighting game, which would be awesome, I'd expect the other half-genies, but of course all the main characters and some bad guys too. It would be awesome. In the meantime maybe there's a few mugan characters, I dunno.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Congratulations everyone!

Not sure if I could see a full on Shantae fighting game though that would be interesting to consider. I remember suggesting an indie fighter that had Shantae, her friends and Risky in it.

...weird thought but I’ve been trying to think of possibilities for bizarre but fitting guest characters for my Sonic fighting game ideas, I wonder if she’d fit?

Teeb147

Smash Legend

Not sure if I could see a full on Shantae fighting game though that would be interesting to consider. I remember suggesting an indie fighter that had Shantae, her friends and Risky in it.

...weird thought but I’ve been trying to think of possibilities for bizarre but fitting guest characters for my Sonic fighting game ideas, I wonder if she’d fit?
hey anything with shantae in it would be great ;p
Honsetly though, if they wanted to make a shantae fighting game, like, I'd give to a crowdfund or anything to see that happen, it would just be really great.
Does WF have any experience with fighting games? Well, there's a first time for everything XD

Jorichi

Smash Apprentice
Congratulations guys!
Hopefully we don't have too many more pages to go before we see her dance through final destination...
Maybe she'll even bring Vee's cover of the opening song. :p

Mikegamer0608

Smash Lord
NNID
Mikegamer0608

Isn't there a current fan Sonic fighting game already called Sonic Smackdown?

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
hey anything with shantae in it would be great ;p
Honsetly though, if they wanted to make a shantae fighting game, like, I'd give to a crowdfund or anything to see that happen, it would just be really great.
Does WF have any experience with fighting games? Well, there's a first time for everything XD
You think she’d get along with the Sonic cast? Despite the more MvC style gameplay, I want the characters to have Netherrealm style intro banter and I think she’d be able to take full advantage of that.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Shouldn't we technically wait for WF to finish their remaining 12 milestones first? Although they're probably stalling on those on purpose.
Lol. just hire more people to work :p Well I dunno how big they're getting, but if they're not working on a next shantae yet they dould just make that kind of spin off in the meantime :p

You think she’d get along with the Sonic cast? Despite the more MvC style gameplay, I want the characters to have Netherrealm style intro banter and I think she’d be able to take full advantage of that.
I mean, shantae's style is cartoony, so i dont think it would look that odd with sonic :) As for banter, yeah i guess that wouldnt be too hard for shantae? :p

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Ah gotcha, would you go tranditional 2D fighter or an arena fighter similar to Sonic battle?
I actually really liked Sonic Battle. But it's definitely not traditional. I really liked the customizing aspect though. You dont see that too often. Arcana Heart had a small bit of choosing a few skills, but that's about it.

Paragon-Yoshi

Smash Lord
Chiming in to the fighting game discussion.

My idea was literally just a Mugen/Ikemen game, with Shantae and other Half-Genie's as characters.
Essentially the fan-made route that Hyper Dragon Ball Z took. ;)

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I’d say it’d have similar gameplay to the MvC series/most of Arc Systems titles. I know it’s overdone but I feel like that style would fit the Sonic series so well.
If it's well done it would be neat to see. I guess with mugen it wouldnt be impossible to make one.
Might be overdone, but if something's tried and true, then why not.

Last edited:

Mikegamer0608

Smash Lord
NNID
Mikegamer0608
I actually really liked Sonic Battle. But it's definitely not traditional. I really liked the customizing aspect though. You dont see that too often. Arcana Heart had a small bit of choosing a few skills, but that's about it.
I’d say it’d have similar gameplay to the MvC series/most of Arc Systems titles. I know it’s overdone but I feel like that style would fit the Sonic series so well.
My idea I think is if Sega wanted to make a great sonic fighting game they should do a Kirby Air Ride: City Trials without vehicles and it would be a huge city arena battle royale with characters speeding around looking for power ups (Emeralds, Rings, Shield Power ups, etc) and beating each other up.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
So how do you think Shantae would react/interact with some of these guys?
Characters I want to mainly focus on:
Sonic the Hedgehog
Miles “Tails” Prowler
Amy Rose
Knuckles the Echidna
Dr. Eggman (Eggman Nega as an alt. character)
Metal Sonic
Cream the Rabbit (Tikal the Echidna as a potential assist for story reasons)
Shadow the Hedgehog
Rouge the Bat
E-123 Omega
Vector the Crocodile & Charmy the Bee
Espio the Chameleon
Blaze the Cat
Silver the Hedgehog
Classic Sonic
Sticks the Badger
Big the Cat
Honey the Cat
E-102 Gamma
Chaos
Emerl (Gemerl as an alt. character)
Mephiles the Dark
Erazor Djinn
Sonic the Werehog
Merlina
Zavok (assisted by the rest of the Deadly Six)
Heavy King (assisted by the rest of the Hard-Boiled Heavies)
Infinite
Classic Eggman
Fang the Sniper/Nack the Weasel
Bean the Dynamite
Bark the Polar Bear
Mighty the Armadillo/Ray the Flying Squirrel

Other potential characters
Captain Whisker/Johnny
D-Fekt

Tangle the Lemur
Whisper the Wolf

Potential Guests
NiGHTS
Alex Kidd
Segata Sanshiro
Joker

Mega Man
Pac-Man

Teeb147

Smash Legend
My idea I think is if Sega wanted to make a great sonic fighting game they should do a Kirby Air Ride: City Trials without vehicles and it would be a huge city arena battle royale with characters speeding around looking for power ups (Emeralds, Rings, Shield Power ups, etc) and beating each other up.
I mean, the fighting mode in Sonic Adventure 2 kinda had that a little. I could see what you're saying though, and kirby air ride was fun, but still feels pretty different to a fighting game.

So how do you think Shantae would react/interact with some of these guys?
Characters I want to mainly focus on:
Sonic the Hedgehog
Miles “Tails” Prowler
Amy Rose
Knuckles the Echidna
Dr. Eggman (Eggman Nega as an alt. character)
Metal Sonic
Cream the Rabbit (Tikal the Echidna as a potential assist for story reasons)
Shadow the Hedgehog
Rouge the Bat
E-123 Omega
Vector the Crocodile & Charmy the Bee
Espio the Chameleon
Blaze the Cat
Silver the Hedgehog
Classic Sonic
Sticks the Badger
Big the Cat
Honey the Cat
E-102 Gamma
Chaos
Emerl (Gemerl as an alt. character)
Mephiles the Dark
Erazor Djinn
Sonic the Werehog
Merlina
Zavok (assisted by the rest of the Deadly Six)
Heavy King (assisted by the rest of the Hard-Boiled Heavies)
Infinite
Classic Eggman
Fang the Sniper/Nack the Weasel
Bean the Dynamite
Bark the Polar Bear
Mighty the Armadillo/Ray the Flying Squirrel

Other potential characters
Captain Whisker/Johnny
D-Fekt

Tangle the Lemur
Whisper the Wolf

Potential Guests
NiGHTS
Alex Kidd
Segata Sanshiro
Joker

Mega Man
Pac-Man
Oof, haha, that's a tough question. What does a half-genie think of fast snarky hedgehogs? :p (& friends)

Top Bottom