• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae Smash Teaser?

Speed Stick 2400

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SpeedStick2400
3DS FC
4699-7838-3944
I don't want to talk about this
Only 15% people is on smashboards will understand why I am saying this I know most people here look at this like everything is fine I know this is just a video game but I don't think this is fine her dress will keep me away from buying her if she get confirmed I am sure some people won't buy her if she gets confirmed for the same reason
If she was released, no one will force you to buy Shantae DLC.
I wouldn't have played as Mewtwo if I didn't get him for free. If I didn't get him, no one would've forced me! They probably won't now, either.
You're free to do whatever you want with your money.

D

Deleted member

Seems more like "Thanks for letting Indies be featured, Nintendo" and then a P.S. please put Shantae in Smash k thx bye luv u

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
what does this all mean.... <_> I honestly don't know how to take this.... it also makes me wonder how many DLC character will we really get???

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I'd like to believe this means something, but it's probably just Bozon keeping up interest and discussion for Shantae in Smash. I doubt he would be so upfront if it were actually happening...

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
probably just his way of encouring votes, doubt its confirmation. I want to vote for Shantae, but I also want to vote for Rayman, Banjo-Kazooie, or First-Party character who deserves a spot on the roster and I am terribly indecisive and bad at making decisions.

Atrabilious

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Atrabilious
Probably meaningless in terms of Smash but I'd be pretty cool with Shantae becoming a character.

D

Deleted member

I don't think this means anything. If Shantae were in Smash, then wouldn't Bozon and WayForward be under some NDA? No way would Nintendo approve of this.

Thermal

Smash Rookie
Waiting till Etika makes an entire video based on a single tweet. "Quality content" people.
Etika finds news and makes a clickbait title with exaggerated freakouts. He really just should make a weekly news video wrapping up all the news.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Each with their own, I suppose. I'm a Robin main. :roll:and I'd have to disagree about the 'limited weapon' complain. Most of my kills comes from a well thrown book, even if I agree it can look a bit intimidating for anyone who hasn't really played with the character to try to learn how to manage Robin's weapons in the middle of a match. Wish he'd been a bit less slow or at least had a better grab, tho.
not even sure why Robin was brought up here, anyway. The characters are so different you can't even begin to compare the two.
The comparison isn't on a superficial level, it has nothing to do with the character traits themselves. Robin has many nods to the FE world, which as a Robin user/FE player I appreciate. Though to accommodate Robin's role (he can do A LOT OF STUFF) and also accommodate a nod, they had to make many balancing decisions that just outright makes this character unfun for most players. I personally like it, but I also know that even a good Robin makes for a 3-5 minute fight... Because he's so slow, so he has to zone and calculate. If he doesn't, he dies, and the match is over in 1-2 minutes. So much reading is required. I do not blame people for finding him annoying to fight (I get at least 3 suicides in FG during my 2-hour-FG-a-thon if I use Robin a lot; and this is before even fighting the person once).

So he's a good character, but the developers thought of EVERYTHING and the BALANCES for everything (unlike Diddy or Fox), so he turns into a hot mess. Luckily I play Zelda, who is the Queen of Hot Messes. So I'm used to dealing with a difficult character that requires tons of reading.

Last edited:

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
I never heard of this Shante character before. What game is she from?

:pow:
She's from, well, Shantae, a Gameboy Color platformer that became a cult classic.

The franchise was revived some years ago as indie games, and has remained as one of the most popular console indie franchises to date.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Uh...guys? If this was a real hint toward Smash, the tweet would've been taken down within hours. Nitnendo's been playing Smash news too close to the vest to let something slip without trying to rectify it.

This is much ado about nothing, guys.

link2702

Smash Champion
I don't see how Shantae being in smash would be awkward. If it's because of her character design than it's a poor excuse because we have zero suit Samus in blue and bright orange short shorts with a curvy figure, plus the shiny tight body suit in 6 designer colors. Then there's her taunts...

Shantae belly dances but it's not a big deal at all if you've played the Shantae games or watched gameplay. Her belly dancing and her design would be pretty cool to see if translated in 3D correctly.
shantae is still a bit more skimpy and raunchy(don't know any other way to explain it) then ZSS. Obviously its not like bayonetta bad, but still I just don't feel she'd fit too well. ZSS may have skin tight clothing, but her personality and moveset is, as well as her suits/alts, is still tame enough to work in smash.

gb7zone7

Smash Apprentice
NNID
gb7zone7
The Shantae games have been rated E - E10+. Smash 3DS/Wii U is rated E10+.

The belly dancing and the outfits aren't going to bring up the game's rating.

Last edited:

PigmaskColonel

Smash Journeyman
I would vote for her, I really enjoyed that series, however I don't want anyone to clash against our wonderful King.

#KrocTheVote

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
The Shantae games have been rated E - E10+. Smash 3DS/Wii U is rated E10+.

The belly dancing and the outfits aren't going to bring up the game's rating.
A little different when the animations are small and pixelated instead of highly detailed models. Yeah, there's the character portraits... But they're frozen.

And the rating system is kinda funky for download titles. This was initially a T rated game and fell to E10 (probably NSFW): http://gunvolt.com/en/character/character02_07.html#prettyPhoto[gallery1]/2/

Something high-profile like Smash would be under more scrutiny.

HalcyonDays

Smash Apprentice
You know, whether a character is "well-deserving" is an interesting discussion.

Mainly because the Smash series has introduced me to a lot of obscure games and characters, (some with their last titles that came out looooong ago, with no recent games) that I never would've heard of otherwise.

I think Smash isn't just about "well-deserved" characters, but also a way to introduce the people to new franchises that they might like.

Brawl's Snake might seem more of a natural Smash character now that he's been in one, but let's be honest. I never would've thought he'd actually work IN a Smash game if it wasn't for Brawl (and especially P:M haha). I mean, come on, this super manly dude who goes around snapping necks and sniping dudes in the head while smoking cigs and going on long discussions about the meaning of life is going to show up in SMASH BROS?

HOW DOES THAT EVEN WORK IT DOESN'T FIT AT ALL AAAND HE'S 3RD PARTY BLAHBLAHBL-

Fire Emblem was another one that I was introduced to because of Melee as well.

Point is, "well-deserving" can be a criteria for Smash rosters, but it isn't the only one.

Anyways, as someone who's finished the first Shantae, I can tell you, she's actually a very charming character with an equally charming world to navigate. Her first game is probably the most beautiful Gameboy COLOR game I'd ever seen in my life. And it kind of feels really bad when people dismiss her without even looking into what she's about at all.

Not to say whether or not she'd work in a Smash game, but no need to slander the character just because she isn't the character you'd want.

Last edited:

Blue Sun Studios

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BlueSunStudios
3DS FC
4768-8305-0092
Inb4 #voteforK.RoolandRidley—…Curses, ninja'd again.
In all seriousness, I would love to see Shantae make it in Super Smash Bros.

NNID
biscut0426
3DS FC
5129-3694-1023
Am I the only one who realizes Shante is a poorly designed sluut genie?

NO SHANTE PLEASE SAKURAI!!

You need to brush up on your skills, friend. In the meantime, may I give you some advice?
Play the games.
EDIT: Also, sluut? Really? You couldn't think of anything else?

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Shantae would fit great in Smash and has a lot of potential. She also has a longstanding and nearly exclusive presence on Nintendo systems. I'm not really looking for anything more than that from my third-parties so I don't really care if she's "deserving" enough.

luke_ario

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lukeario13
we're just now finding out about this? Seriously, today is the 19th of May. Twelve days after the first tweet and ten days after the second one. _-_ çönšïštåñtçý

NNID
biscut0426
3DS FC
5129-3694-1023
Shantae would fit great in Smash and has a lot of potential. She also has a longstanding and nearly exclusive presence on Nintendo systems. I'm not really looking for anything more than that from my third-parties so I don't really care if she's "deserving" enough.
Well said, N3ON. Well said.

Last edited:

Dan

Smash Lord
Shantae on a poster... Shantae confirmed for Smash.

Last edited:
Top Bottom