• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shadow Games Mafia Over: Dgames Doomed

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
We could have no lynched?
Wouldn't help you. There were no real Vigs in the game anymore I'm afraid and Adumb could still voteblock as long as he followed his restriction, which he has no pressure to screw up considering he could flat claim and win. Continuing would have just been a disservice to you guys. I don't blame you for thinking it though, it's initially the reason I didn't end the game on the spot, but Adumb correctly pointed out that it wasn't possible for him to die either way.

I have to go now because there's been a death in the friend-circle so I can't say all I'd like to, but for now here's the link to the greenroom which contains the setup and my thoughts about it.

http://www.quicktopic.com/51/H/VDE5BWx3LFVE

Needless to say I have a few regrets about this game, but overall I had a lot of fun with the flavor and running the game, and I sincerely hope you all did too; whatever nonsense may have happened to you.

Last edited:

Maven89

Smash Master
also gheb you did a good job making it out like you were personally hurt by us attacking you, that worked really well on me

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Sorry I wasn't the most active, it's partly why I hydra'd.

I'll need to sit out of mafia til I get the groove back or I free up more.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
perma vote blocker is lame in a 13 man set up with a bunch of VTs. heavily scum sided game imho with so much room for additional failure if kary's vig shot goes wrong.

any scenario where 1 mafia sided slot wins against 3 town sided slots is just plain dumb. IM ANGREH

Last edited:

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
That feel when you realize this setup can literally end in a stalemate. Town has a roleblocker and scum has a voteblocker. :facepalm:

Last edited:

JeXs

Smash Champion
Good game. I think everyone played really well. Good job to scum for winning this, you guys had some insane bussing going on.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Next time I sign up for a game, remind me to ask for significantly more than $10.

Oh well. I'm mad as hell right now but i'm sure i'll look back on this and laugh at some point.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
god that ending has me so sad

why did the voteblocker have to be perma

i feel like i was watching an amazing comedy after soup underwent probably the worst town play i have literally ever seen in my entire life

and then all of a sudden there was a glimmer of hope at the end of the tunnel; kary embodying all that is angelic and heavenly shot down the australian dreadlord himself after having voted for maven the previous day phase

and then we get ********** the **** out by a perma voteblocker

WHY

now I'M going to go live in a dumpster and find self-validation and self love

Last edited:

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
I actually really enjoyed this game and probably got my second favorite role in a game to date.
I'm only mad because I was only in the game for like three real days. Would have lynched you dead adum. You did a fantastic job of halting any real town progress.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Real talk, you're gonna play like this again, don't sigh up kary. There's a line between confrontational and flaming. You didn't just cross it, you sprinted so far over it you can't even see it anymore. Plus you got nothing out of it and distracted everyone.

Oh and your correct scumread was based on wrong info. I hammered by mistake :p

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I actually really enjoyed this game and probably got my second favorite role in a game to date.
I'm only mad because I was only in the game for like three real days. Would have lynched you dead adum. You did a fantastic job of halting any real town progress.
Nah kary did, I just wanted to lynch her cause I couldn't imagine anything but otherscum pulling the **** she did.

I'm just badj at convincing people to follow me, bingo was no different.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Real talk, you're gonna play like this again, don't sigh up kary. There's a line between confrontational and flaming. You didn't just cross it, you sprinted so far over it you can't even see it anymore. Plus you got nothing out of it and distracted everyone.

Oh and your correct scumread was based on wrong info. I hammered by mistake :p
I am amazed that you are dredging this up. just leave it already, please.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
If I was trying to dredge it up I'd be much more thorough.

What I'm saying is for the future, have decorum. You can't change the past but can certainly act with decorum in the future, all I ask.

Last edited:

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
adum.... enough :169:

you two are in too deep to actually get anywhere by arguing with each other. when so little is on the line, you must move past it.:185:

also honestly... you're just being mean at this point. you don't insult someone's play after you beat them, it's just not cool. :212:

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
Oh @ Zalak Zalak how does it feel to be the ultimate example of noobtown play?
I called you out on day one. You only survived because I decided to ask for someone who had played more games with you to comment on your play, because you could have just been a terrible player, though no one ever did.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
I called you out on day one. You only survived because I decided to ask for someone who had played more games with you to comment on your play, because you could have just been a terrible player, though no one ever did.
He's actually one of the more solid players here

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
Was I perfect? Of course not, but your insult is baseless. I know I'm rad at this game, and you cannot bring me down, my rag time pal.
:093:
He's actually one of the more solid players here
I SEE! My problem is that I had no experience playing with him, so I wanted the opinions of others. I should have trusted Kary, but their argument got really personal, so I wanted to hear from someone else. What tipped me off was he was too bullheaded in the early game, so I wanted to know if that was common for him. ALSO, I wanted to know if he made silly lynches like BarD often.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
adum.... enough :169:

you two are in too deep to actually get anywhere by arguing with each other. when so little is on the line, you must move past it.:185:

also honestly... you're just being mean at this point. you don't insult someone's play after you beat them, it's just not cool. :212:
This is less insulting play and more don't be a jerk, I'm not being tactful but don't be a jerk should be basic.

Honestly, you can't just call me a noobtown because the town lost. My reads were accurate, and I asked the right questions.
You misunderstand, now that I have ,0 reason to lie I can tell you that I was calling your play style as noobtown because it was.

I don't generally lie about mafia theory as scum, I prefer to tailor my play to what I think of as good town play. The tells you made at the beginning were pure towntells. Switching wildly and hyper second guessing yourself noobtown. It doesn't even mean bad, just young to the game and that is easy to notice.

That's why gorf (who played with you) confirmed.

That said your reads were good so good on you, whatever the reason you have a good gut for mafia so good on ya.

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
Switching my vote wildly is not quite the same as switching my reads wildly. Also, I DO BELIEVE it is quite normal to change your reads a bit when someone asks you to make a detailed reads list, prompting you to re-read most of the thread.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Sorry it wasn't intended as an insult, I only mean it was noticable and obvious, you were definitely one of the best town players in the game, possibly had the best overall play of anyone in town.

I mean like what you did between bardull and maven d1 and a at least one other time. You'd commit to one and then the other, seemed unsure of yourself

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
Sorry it wasn't intended as an insult, I only mean it was noticable and obvious, you were definitely one of the best town players in the game, possibly had the best overall play of anyone in town.

I mean like what you did between bardull and maven d1 and a at least one other time. You'd commit to one and then the other, seemed unsure of yourself
oh, really? I guess I tend to do that when a deadline comes up, yeah.

Top Bottom