• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SFC1 Results! 1v1, 2v2, Amiibos, Cypress da GOAT

Krebs

Smash Journeyman
By far the funnest tourney I have been to/hosted in my life. It was like being a party host for all of my friends.

First, honorable mentions. Thank you Xyro for all of your help with the GameGuys stream, and taking results. Thank you GS_Fuzz for filling in as TO whenever I was busy. Thank you Mawlerz SO SO SO much for running the amiibo tourney in its entirety. Thank you GS_Sen for running the TeamGreenSleeves stream in its entirety. Thank you Ray from GameGuys for setting up almost everything, and filling in and helping with anything and everything. Also shoutout to Alpha for getting me a burger. Super cool guy. Put in work in doubles with NK too.

You all are seriously the best. You all kept asking if I needed more help too. You all are so kind.

We had a STACKED bracket of strong HTX talent. With 4 players coming down from Dallas, and 2 from CStat.

CStat vs Cypress crew battle potential???

Also this is my chance to say that I am retiring from the rap game. I dissed Katy and won, I can put down my hat (literally) and retire comfortably.

Now, RESULTS

SINGLES (75 entrants):

1: TLOC Denti :4diddy::4sheik:
2: GrimTurtle:4falcon::4fox:
3: Gnes:4shulk:
4: Karna :4sheik:
5: Trela:4robinm:
5: Whispy:4diddy:
7: BC:4villagerf::4diddy::4yoshi:
7: AvoiD:4falcon:
9: Aerolink:4diddy:
9: iiGGy:rosalina::4megaman:
9: Jerm:4tlink:
9: Nidak :4gaw:
13: Dao:4falco:
13: Blink:4fox:
13: KJ:4sonic:
13: NK:4ness:
17: Zori:4megaman:
17: Tesh:4megaman:
17: Knife:4link:
17: ToT:4mario:
17: Xyro:4samus:
17: MikEffect:4ness:
17: Weegee:4mario:
17: Zult:4pit:
25: Ariesto:rosalina::4peach:
25: Nanasuki:4zelda:
25: Furbs:4yoshi:
25: Toast:4yoshi::4falcon:
25: DSkro:4zss:
25: Gaius:4falcon::4sheik:
25: Ojihsama:4falcon:
25: JewMuffin:4falco:
33: Tipy:4tlink:
33: TY:4luigi:
33: LostX:4pikachu:
33: Kefka:substitute:
33: CH12:4peach:
33: Space:rosalina::4luigi:
33: GreenSpark:4luigi:
33: BigBoss:4peach:
33: Gigs:substitute:
33: Kyo:substitute:
33: 4Skin:substitute:
33: NoStyle:substitute:
33: Atlas:substitute:
33: StripheR:substitute:
33: Gamma:4dk:
33: phRAWst:substitute:
49: Spore:substitute:
49: Daar:substitute:
49: JellyBeans:4falcon:
49: DarkTundra:4zelda:
49: EDI:substitute:
49: Gilmore:substitute:
49: DP2Beast:substitute:
49: OnLive:substitute:
49: SweetSalty:substitute:
49: Jumbolias:4bowser:
49: Lupin:substitute:
49: Benno:substitute:
49: BKLOL:substitute:
49: Jebus:substitute:
49: SS | Turqnotes:substitute:
49: TVBlaze:substitute:
65: JPEG:substitute:
65: Elzzik:substitute:
65: Jaz9030:substitute:
65: Terra:substitute:
65: Lomo:substitute:
65: Remo:4ness:
65: Daddy:substitute:
65: NOALL:substitute:
65: Lilnest:substitute:
65: Slip:substitute:
65: Greggers:substitute:

Doubles: (27 teams, challonge says 28 because one team was entered twice)

1st: Denti+Aerolink
:4diddy::4sheik:+:4diddy:

2nd: GrimTurtle +Trela
:4falcon:+:4robinm:

3rd: Zori+Gnes
:4megaman:+:4shulk:

4th: RT+DJFliphop
:4lucario:+:4diddy:

5th: iiGGy+Blink
:rosalina:+:4fox:

5th: ToT+BC
:4mario:+:4villagerf:

7th: Weegee+Leaf
:4mario:+:4pikachu:

7th: KJ+AvoiD
:4sonic:+:4falcon:

9th: Jerm+Tesh
:4tlink:+:4megaman:

9th: Karna+Dao
:4sheik:+:4falco:

9th: Whispy+Jellybeans
:4diddy:+:substitute:

9th: Alpha+NK
:substitute:+:4ness:

13th: Knife+Gamma
:4link:+:4dk:

13th: JewMuffin+CH12
:4falco:+:4peach:

13th: DSkro+Toast
:4zss:+:4yoshi:

17th: EDI+TVBlaze
:substitute:+:4yoshi:

17th: Remo+Jumbolias
:4ness:+:4myfriends:

17th: Space+GreenSpark
:substitute:+:substitute:

17th: SccJello+Kazza

17th: BLUR+4Skin
:rosalina:+:substitute:

17th: BigBoss+phRAWst
:4peach:+:substitute:

17th: JPEG+Kid

17th: Bye

25th: Kefka+Terra

25th: Howling+DP2Beast

25th: Archer+MJ

25th: OnLive+NoStyle

AMIIBO TOURNEY

20 amiibos! With a very unique and surprising result!

BKLOL's Sheik put in work!
GreenSpark got 2nd and 3rd place payout!

(With top 4 payout)
1st: BKLOL's :4sheik:
2nd: GreenSpark's :4falcon:
3rd: GreenSpark's :4mario:
4th: Daddy's:4marth:
5th: Lilnest's:4fox:
5th: GreenSpark's:4pikachu:
7th: BC's:4bowser:
7th: SS|Turqnote's:4pikachu:
9th: BC's:4mario:
9th: Lilnest's:4megaman:
9th: Weegee's:4falcon:
9th: GS_Sen's:4bowser:
13th: Whispy's:4link:
13th: Whispy's:4kirby:
13th: NOALL's:4tlink:
13th: Lilnest's:4kirby:
17th: Mawlerz':substitute:
17th: Benno's:4peach:
17th: Benno's:4dk:
17th: Benno's:4yoshi:

Cypress vs Katy result!
Kadin had to step out. So Karna subbed in with another character. Karna entered with Fox.

End result: Cypress won with 4 stocks remaining.
BC had 1 left.
Weegee didn't even need to play.

ToT took 5 stocks
:4mario::4mario::4mario:
X :4falco::4falco::4falco::4peach::4peach:
Krebs took 3
:4villager::4villager::4villager: X :4peach::4fox::4fox:
NK took 5
:4ness::4ness::4ness: X :4fox::4link::4link::4link::4sheik:
BC took the last 2 from Karna's Sheik
:4diddy::4diddy:
X
:4sheik::4sheik:

With :4diddy:- BC and :4mario::4mario::4mario:- Weegee left remaining

SFC1 Singles challonge

SFC1 Doubles challonge

SFC1 Amiibo challonge

Houston Smash 4 FB Group
(591 members strong as of 3/22/2015)

Houston Smash 4 SWF thread

Last edited:

GaiustheThief

Smash Ace
NNID
GaiustheThief
3DS FC
5343-8142-6721
Can you put Falcon next to my name before Sheik?
I won the same amount of games with both but used Falcon more

gamma1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lokighsh
Alright alright. So this was easily one of the best tourneys. You could tell Krebs seriously put alot of effort into making it hype and fun as possible. For a newer gen TO, this shows potential. One thing tho:

The Bracket - Not the seeding, but just not including people in them. Me and NK both weren't included on the bracket, and I'm pretty sure others werent as well. Somehow Krebs managed to sneak us in there after the tourney had started, but still just be careful with that next time.

Oh, and that Crew Battle haha. You definitely hyped this up. I watched that Diss Track like 10 times the night before (@ Nkguy01 Nkguy01 can confirm). And I made @Trela listen to it on the way to the venue.

Overall awesome tournament. Please do more. And if there's no rapping next time I'll be sorely disappointed.

Robozygo

Smash Rookie
I couldnt make this one, but I can say I have watched the diss track like a dozen times. It's pretty funny and the rhymes are pretty sick hahaha

Whispy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LegendaryLui
Great Crowd, Great Tourney, and Great Matches. This tournament helped me alot to see what i needed work on. But Overall, I had tons of fun guys!! ill come back stronger next time , See yall in TGC2 (or any other local tournaments) !

Krebs

Smash Journeyman
Alright alright. So this was easily one of the best tourneys. You could tell Krebs seriously put alot of effort into making it hype and fun as possible. For a newer gen TO, this shows potential. One thing tho:

The Bracket - Not the seeding, but just not including people in them. Me and NK both weren't included on the bracket, and I'm pretty sure others werent as well. Somehow Krebs managed to sneak us in there after the tourney had started, but still just be careful with that next time.

Oh, and that Crew Battle haha. You definitely hyped this up. I watched that Diss Track like 10 times the night before (@ Nkguy01 Nkguy01 can confirm). And I made @Trela listen to it on the way to the venue.

Overall awesome tournament. Please do more. And if there's no rapping next time I'll be sorely disappointed.
Yep. To summarize what I did I had 4 bye slots that were there as a back up plan. More and more people kept telling me they weren't put in.

4 wasn't enough. I ran a small bracket for the people as a "qualifier" for those spots. It sucks, and I hope I never have to do it again, i'll be doing roll call and IDGAF if I have to say 200 names next time.

In the end it worked out, NK for example won twice then played Trela, then made a run through loser's. So in the end everything was ok. It was just beyond stressful for me to come up with this on the spot.

Also: payout was given out as if it were an 80 man bracket, top 6 payout of a $800 pot. First for example got $400, second got $200.

GaiustheThief

Smash Ace
NNID
GaiustheThief
3DS FC
5343-8142-6721
Alright shoutouts
GrimTurtle - good stuff geting second. Thanks for the Falcon ditto I learned some stuff.
Karna - Wow man. Your Sheik is amazing i had fun commentating you and Grim's match.
Trela - Nice seeing you again buddy :) I had a lot of fun commentating with you Winner's Finals and the crew battle. Shoutouts to Skittles though????!
Whispy - Nice seeing you man. We didn't get to meet in bracket unfortunately but don't worry
My Falcon and Sheik will destroy you next time ;)
BC - THAT 4V1 COMEBACK THOUGH??!?! Nice seeing you again man I had fun commentating with you
iiGGy - Nice meeting you man. Your Rosaina is the truth. We should play some friendlies at TGC
Nidak - Good seeing you again man. Sucks you couldn't stay for the crew battle though.
Dao - That Falco man wow. Falco is definitely a threat in this game. I hope to play you more in the future.
Zori - You didn't believe I could beat Zult but I did it
The young goat is improving...
Good seeing you again man
Knife - Thanks for the ride man! It was really nice seeing you again. Sucks Katy couldn't win the crew battle :(
Xyro - It was fun commentating Grim and Trela's match with you. Thanks for the friendlies that Samus is the truth
And of course shoutouts to Krebs hosting this awesome event. I had a lot of fun and I think I'm improving a lot and also had a blast commentating. I'll probably do it more in the future if you guys think I'm good enough :)

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
I wonder if the lyrics " I like my p u s s y wet" in your rap song was appropriate To scream out in front of the many 13 year olds at the venue :(

Thank das lord that Onion wasn't there.

Last edited:

Oni•n

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Onion546714
3DS FC
5129-2796-7326
Sadly I couldn't make it to this tourney but I still had a lot of fun watching all of the hype matches! Also, you're dumb, old man! F you to the highest levels of poop! And yes, Gaius. That was me who asked about Project M and HOBO 12.

Krebs

Smash Journeyman
Shoutouts

@ Denti Denti Thanks for making the trip out man. I want to get a Houston vs Dallas crew battle planned some time. Everybody says it should happen but no one ever sits down to actually plan it out.

@Gnes Reppin shulk hard!!! Damn I gotta take notes! We gotta run some mirror matches some time

@Kihrah Yo! You put in so much work today! 4th place, knocking out ALSM. Dayummm.

@ Whispy Whispy dude. Congrats on putting ALSM in losers. You and Karna show that HTX overall is really strong.

@ BC. BC. Reppin villager hard! Thanks for coming through with ToT. Your bowser didn't do quite as well as expected, but its all good.

@Knife8193 One of the chillest dudes ever! Solid link representative too.

MikEffect thanks for coming down from CStat! Not sure of your smashboards name, but I know you'll see this thread. Hopefully we could get a CStat vs Cypress crew battle planned up or something.

@Nanasuki We didn't meet in bracket like we normally do! :/ Hehe yeah had to focus on running the thing. But we'll definitely get some matches in sometime.

@Fliphopper Thanks for coming down despite having a packed Saturday!

@ Xyro77 Xyro77 Thanks again for your help. I had things under control because I wasn't entered, but having you and Fuzz take results helped sooo much. And yeah I made sure the crowd was generally ok with explicit language. It was a one time thing that I wanted to do. I knew everyone there yesterday, if not personally then at least enough to where they would get a kick out of me "rapping".

@Remo Thanks for coming down man! I'll do my best to come through for the Tuesday weekly. Especially with doubles.

And finally thank you EVERYONE for coming, for bringing setups, for being extremely friendly. You all are the reason I do this. It seriously felt like hosting a party for my friends.

TVBlaze

Smash Rookie
Tournament was fun despite that issue that gamma was talking about.

First off. I played Yoshi, and C. Falcon in Singles
Doubles My partner played Sheik and Pit and I played Yoshi and Dark Pit
In Singles, JPEG played Wario and Jigglypuff, EDI played Sheik and Pit, Kefka Played Ganondorf, Benno Played Ness, and Terra played Ness

Overall a really fun tournament probably played the most friendlies at this than any other.
Shoutouts to:

@ Krebs Krebs for hosting an awesome tournament.

@ Xyro77 Xyro77 For playing some friendlies with me at the beginning of the day to help me get warmed up

Dao - For the money match

and everyone else I played in friendlies and in bracket.

I'm seriously disappointed in my performance this tournament compared to how I did at TGC, but the improvement should come soon. Gonna stop spreading myself thin with all these characters and focus on Yoshi from now on. See you all at the next one

Last edited:

RunC.T.

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RunC.T.
3DS FC
1204-0385-5852
lol, should pay attention to all these tournies I keep missing. can't wait to see the videos.

Denti

Smash Master
Idgaf about rubbing a Dallas victory in. It doesn't bring me any satisfaction and makes me feel like I'm childish. Tbh my own trash talk vs Houston stresses me out. I know for any of my wins, I'm gonna try and keep it respectful. I'm not perfect so sometimes I'll slip. But I'm working on it.

GGs everyone. I was prepared to lose to you Razer tbh. You played godlike.

Honestly I don't like teaming with AeroLink in Smash 4. Our natural synergy is randomly low compared to the other smash games. Hopefully we can work that out. I hope to one day have my static partner (Dakpo) for sets against Trela-Razer or Espy-Megafox.

Thanks for the awesome tourney. Had a cool time.

Also lets see if Diddy gets nerfed in 9 day when Mewtwo is launched! Maybe I'll end up more Sheik. But if Diddy leaves the picture, Sonic looks right up my ally.

Last edited:

GaiustheThief

Smash Ace
NNID
GaiustheThief
3DS FC
5343-8142-6721
Anybody that listened to my commentary how do you think it was?
Should I commentate more in the future

Oni•n

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Onion546714
3DS FC
5129-2796-7326
I wonder if the lyrics " I like my p u s s y wet" in your rap song was appropriate To scream out in front of the many 13 year olds at the venue :(

Thank das lord that Onion wasn't there.
If only it didn't rain yesterday... So close...
Anybody that listened to my commentary how do you think it was?
Should I commentate more in the future
It was good. Definitely keep commentating.

Zult

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zultie
I didn't have to say that I played pit. Yay.

Xyro77

There really isn't any trash talk Dallas can dish out other than "ha ha we have to go DIDDY to beat houston"

Or maybe "haha we have lower tournament turnout because of our bad rules"

If yall want those props, please have them.

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
Yeah ggs. I could john about diddy and stuff, but I was honestly exhausted lol. I didn't expect to make it THAT far. But I knew I could win. Should of went fox from the beginning tho.

Although, your post on you not working well with your teammate and still winning gets me salty lol. Like that just validates diddy :( But we effed up game 1 of the second set. Until next time. Get Dakpo to go to SA.

Denti

Smash Master
There really isn't any trash talk Dallas can dish out other than "ha ha we have to go DIDDY to beat houston"
I'm always going to choose the best strat. Don't like that?

deal with it

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Or maybe "haha we have lower tournament turnout because of our bad rules"
Definently not because Houston has a base population 4-5 times the size of Dallas.

GaiustheThief

Smash Ace
NNID
GaiustheThief
3DS FC
5343-8142-6721
I'd really like to commentate professionally though KJ why uoi always bringing me down

Xyro77

I'm always going to choose the best strat. Don't like that?

deal with it

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Definently not because Houston has a base population 4-5 times the size of Dallas.

We have the base because we use REAL rules.

Nkguy01

Smash Apprentice
Awesome tourney. Had fun playin the other Ness mains like Remo, and such. I still don't understand Sonic lol

Anyway, it was a really fun tournament and had a good time teaming up with my friend Alpha. I hadn't seen him in a while.

Friendlies with Kj were fun haha. Marth is so hot. Also custom dubs with Aerolonk made it seem like an entirely different game. Good thing Tesh has everything unlocked :p

Knife's link is scary but i don't understand cause Lonk sucks wtf.

Still feel like Weegee outplayed me but whatever back throw for the win.

Good job with the tourney Krebs. It was ran pretty well despite all the other stuff that happened. And the crew battle was scary hype. It was fun but I didn't want to lose :p

Last edited:

DSkro

Smash Rookie
NNID
DSkro87
Good tourney as always Krebs...hard for me to even the score if you stay out of the bracket though >.<

Did better than I expected honestly (don't see myself beating anyone in 17th or higher yet) but with work I think I can make it farther

Shoutouts:
@my personal purple Battle-Yoshi Toast...little bit of teams practice and I think we break the top 10 next time
@ Xyro77 Xyro77 guess Samus calls it her "Power Suit" for a reason...think I'll try to NOT catch all the big shots with ZSS's face next time lol...enjoyed the set even if I did get blown up #SamusBrofist
@Kyoto/Random ZSS that always wrecks me in casual dittos...you are way too good for me not to see your name in the bracket man ESPECIALLY since I have yet to see you use your up-b in a combo while you destroy me. You sir are playing hard-mode ZSS so if you add up-b to your moveset you could be a monster. Might want to work on some non-FD stages though...platforms are your friend.

See you guys at the weekly

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
GGs to all I played! Glad to take the doubles victory home to DFW. This was an interesting tournament for me; maybe I'll do better next time even though as of late I have been focusing on a customs-based ruleset (gotta prepare myself for EVO and I have the most fun playing Palutena with customs). I really enjoyed the whole setup of the venue. Thanks @ Krebs Krebs for hosting!

Teshie U

Smash Lord
@ Denti Denti Xyro's post is proof that we don't mind a bit of childishness. We are trash talking about a game with a chimpanzee throws food at you before kicking you into the sky where you explode. Salt aside, its not a big deal.

Shoutouts to Gnes, Trela and Razer for restoring the Houston triforce. Hopefully I can reach that level before I get sick of being dash grabbed repeatedly.

Shoutouts to the hilarious moments Diddy Kong gave us this tournament. Whispy vs Aerolink drawing a massive crowd. BC beating me with Diddy Kong. Denti 3 stocking BC's main, then losing to his 1 week old Diddy Kong, then switching to Diddy Kong and 3 stocking him again. Denti and ALSM hitting each other while going for the same hoohah. Grim dying at 60% on his final stock of grand finals.

@ Krebs Krebs The subject matter of that rap was definitely inappropriate. There were young kids there, some with their parents it seemed. One woman looked visibly upset when you were rapping about smoking, drinking and the objectification of women.

This isn't a 21+ tournament held at a bar and it wasn't a house tournament. You arranged an event for people to meet up and play a T rated game that has Tom and Jerry level violence and beach party nudity. Then you go deep into R rated territory blasting offensive lyrics across the entire venue?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Good to see everyone again. Sorry to dip so early, singles just does not interest me. Maybe when Mewtwo comes out, things will change...?

See you all at the next tourney.

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
Can't say it was fully restored. We weren't top 3. Plus Flip wasn't there.

Dang Tesh, Diddy is so stupid when you post what happened looool.

I personally wasn't there to hear this rapping incident, but listen to this constructive criticism Krebs. Help reach out and apologize on the FB event page or such. It's all to help your future tourneys.

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
I went Mac in singles also. Shoutout to Krebs for hosting such a well-organized tournament. Great job man.

F Whispy for taking me into losers then knocking me out of bracket. Lol, you played amazing. Good stuff this tournament.

@ kj22 kj22 Appreciate you teaming with me last second. We should've gone farther than what we actually placed but bs. We've gotta try it out one more time man, you were playing awesome throughout all our games and in singles as well.

@ UltimateRazer UltimateRazer Always good catching up with you my dude. Think it's time for me to look into someone besides just CF. Good **** taking 2nd. Your Fox coming in nicely.

@Kihrah Put in work brotha. Good to see some underdogs finally being noticed. Gotta give props when I see deserved.

And to the others I played/talked to, it was fun. Great tournament. Looking forward to the next.

kj22

Smash Lord
NNID
openupyourworld
Oh and @ Krebs Krebs put Marth next to my name please, I use sonic only in dubz but in singles I use him more

Last edited:

BC.

Smash Journeyman
NNID
direprophecy
Karna is the best Sheik in TX, and he's been my training partner for the Diddy Sheik matchup. That's why I was able to beat Denti's Sheik in that matchup

Xyro77

You're right. You're the reason Houston's population is one of the largest cities in America! How could I forget! ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
There are lower populated cities in the USA that have bigger bases than mine. Nice try.

Garbage rules+tryhards = low turnout and quickly fading scenes.

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
You're right. You're the reason Houston's population is one of the largest cities in America! How could I forget! ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I attribute most of, or at least half of Houston's turnout to Xyro and his TO style. He's one of the reasons I got into the scene and remained. Guarantee it happened for others too. Otherwise I would've been satisfied enjoying this game at home.

Plus I hear all the time people complimenting him for the rules he uses (3 stock specifically) and how he runs it. Even some from the Dallas area. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Top Bottom