• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SF:E Fall 2007 2nd style - Oct 20th

cmin

Smash Ace
.. what the hell? first of all the "intrance" fee wasn't free, it was a joke. secondly, gtfo

Dr. Robotnik

Smash Journeyman
Also you should know your **** before posting, Robotnic.
also, you should know when to shut up. I know my facts. Do you?

.. what the hell? first of all the "intrance" fee wasn't free, it was a joke. secondly, gtfo
I know it was a joke. It just wasn't funny, thats why i commented with sarcasm. jees.

dont make him make another alternate account guys, calm down.
the only reason i had to creat another acount was because i got banned. I dont get why none of you got banned though. o well, i dont care anyway.

wow smashboards is ghey

it's only ghey if people decide to make it ghey.

To all you others, I have gotten over the past. The real question is, are you over it. I dont want to start/finish a flame war, and i dont think you guys are immiture enough to try to get me to start one. So lets drop the comments now please.

Balloon

Smash Lord
I know when to shutup, Robotnic, but when you post about the goings on of a tournament that you didn't even attend, it's pretty annoying.

Anyway, money match?

Dr. Robotnik

Smash Journeyman
I know when to shutup, Robotnic, but when you post about the goings on of a tournament that you didn't even attend, it's pretty annoying.

Anyway, money match?
he, ya i can see how that would be anoying. sorry, just trying to be a little help.

oh, i mentioned money match on robo thread.

T0MMY

Smash Master
Timmy/Tommy - Nothing much to say. You guys should have most definitely found an alternate host before ditching out, but whatever, it worked out. Just, next time, make sure you get your **** together and be more appreciative of the lengths others go to in order to attend your tourneys.
We did find an alternate host before, or else it wouldn't have happened. It's not a coincidence it "worked out." Of course we always give everyone our thanks for coming and playing--even during the weeklies we remember to say thank you. We even tell Tudios/Shin thanks for coming over whenever they happen to drop by.
t1mmy made a good decision going down to SoCal even though he wanted to attend SF:E a lot. Remember, he wanted to push the date back, but gave you guys the date you wanted and still made it work out. I really wish your attitude would improve, it's bringing down the community.
Just drop all this flaming against everyone, Super Glenn included. I really don't see how it's going to do any good.

Balloon

Smash Lord
My attitude is bringing down the community? Then what does your attitude do? It certainly doesn't help it thrive. What kind of example is it to set to the oh so many blind followers of your terrible Pichu that sandbagging is the thing to do? It's not an example.

And by the way, I'm pretty sure Timmy didn't find Josh and let him know before he talked of delaying or canceling the tourney. In fact, I'm positive, considering a few days after the announcement I messaged Josh myself and asked him about hosting. He had absolutely no idea what was going on. it took my messaging him for him to even acknowledge that there might be an issue with the tournament's happening.

T0MMY

Smash Master
Playing Pichu is sandbagging.

When Nintendo announced Brawl was going to be playable at E for All we immediately made plans to attend. t1mmy postponed the date. I asked a few people if that date was ok with them, and they said no. I told t1mmy to contact Josh because he had previously stated weeks ago that he was interested in hosting it at his new place. Even before SF:E was dated I mentioned something about it being there.
So you might have sent a text to him before t1mmy got in contact with him (I don't know the specifics there, it might be long distance so we can't call it, or he might not have his number and just sent a PM or waited for him to get on AIM), but it was all being take care of before you even read the update. We had a lot to take care of planning our trip and made sure SF:E was taken care of first.
I'm happy to see your concern that everything was going well, but I have full confidence in t1mmy's ability to handle a tournament, no need to get stressed over nothing.

Balloon

Smash Lord
Playing Pichu is not automatically sandbagging, you only wish it to be that so that you can continue to say that you have some sort of ridiculous "hidden potential" that you will never bring out.

FoosJr

Smash Ace
Well w/e the tournament worked out it's done with now so lets just drop it. I'm not quite sure how well it worked out but it did.

T0MMY

Smash Master
Sandbagging is not playing to the best of your ability. Obviously choosing to play a character with such a disadvantage is not playing to win. I am a scrub, I'm not saying otherwise.
Oh, I forgot, Andy is the only one with potential according to you.

I agree with Foos, there's no need to complain about something that t1mmy handled well. If there's a problem with him not being there that's just saying he's a good enough host people are upset about his absence.

Jem.

Smash Master
I think playing as Pichu to.. Think you're better than you are is major johns. I don't even see the point of playing if you arent atleast trying to win. *Shrug*

Eggz

Smash Hero
Sandbagging is not playing to the best of your ability. Obviously choosing to play a character with such a disadvantage is not playing to win. I am a scrub, I'm not saying otherwise.
Oh, I forgot, Andy is the only one with potential according to you.

I agree with Foos, there's no need to complain about something that t1mmy handled well. If there's a problem with him not being there that's just saying he's a good enough host people are upset about his absence.
If Pichu is your best character, your not hiding any potential.

If your pichu is better than your shiek, then your more sandbagging by playing shiek.

When Ka Master ***** everyones face with Luigi, is he sandbagging because he is playing a bad character?

T0MMY

Smash Master
Why'd you switch from Mario to Fox?
I only played Sheik for a couple months, I moved on to Fox and Captain Falcon, and now Diddy Kong.

Eggz

Smash Hero
Why'd you switch from Mario to Fox?
I only played Sheik for a couple months, I moved on to Fox and Captain Falcon, and now Diddy Kong.
Because Fox is faster and more fun. Its kinda a waste of my technical skill to play Mario. I still **** with Mario though.

Balloon

Smash Lord
The fact is Tommy, at least from past tourneys involving you playing, that you only play Pichu when you feel that it's either a match you are likely to win, likely to lose, or when you "just don't care anymore."

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
The fact is Tommy, at least from past tourneys involving you playing, that you only play Pichu when you feel that it's either a match you are likely to win, likely to lose, or when you "just don't care anymore."
I think that covers... every match?

TheCatPhysician

Smash Ace
wait, so every time you're going to have a match that the outcome isn't obvious, you just don't care about it so you sandbag. then where's the fun in playing?

not sure if i understand everything that's going on here

edit - i didn't realize that was timmy who posted and not tommy.

but same difference, mirite? :laugh:

joshisrad

Smash Lord
Look cats, I don't really care about this drama, but-

after I decided to help out by providing housing for SFE, timmy messaged me to try and help out with setups(which didn't end up happening because I couldn't go to his weekly on Sunday).
My deadaim settings automatically keep logs of every conversation. That conversation was on 10/15.

The last conversation I have logged with him is on 8/28, about: "Timmy NSM (8:38:03 PM): Are you really going to the Salem tourney?"

If I may - I "handled the situation."

Dr. Robotnik

Smash Journeyman
We did find an alternate host before, or else it wouldn't have happened. It's not a coincidence it "worked out." Of course we always give everyone our thanks for coming and playing--even during the weeklies we remember to say thank you. We even tell Tudios/Shin thanks for coming over whenever they happen to drop by.
t1mmy made a good decision going down to SoCal even though he wanted to attend SF:E a lot. Remember, he wanted to push the date back, but gave you guys the date you wanted and still made it work out. I really wish your attitude would improve, it's bringing down the community.
Just drop all this flaming against everyone, Super Glenn included. I really don't see how it's going to do any good.
Hey tommy, just to fill you in just in case you didn't read my post. I am over the past and am not interested in starting a flame war. I just hope everyone does the same.

Top Bottom