• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sexy Southern Utah

tjrook

Smash Cadet
@AHotGreasedUpJigglyPuff 4 Luvin': Hmm, I've never really fought against a Tank and Valkyrie mass with Zerg. Have you ever watched pro matches on Youtube? I think those would help a lot. Destroying the tanks shouldn't be too hard, as long as you are good with using Dark Swarm... which is an absolute must use against Terran in the endgame. If you are good with it, all you really need is a lot of Hydralisk/Lurker/Zergling combination (the Hydralisks can try to take out the Valkyrie as well.)

How well do Scourge work against Valkyrie? I cant really tell you how to take those out very well because everybody I play doesn't use them... However I am kind of efficient at taking out Tanks because people I play against use them all the time.

If the person you play against is a noob (I am guessing he isn't...) all you really need is a mass of Ultralisks, and they will completely destroy Terran if Micro'd correctly. But if the Terran player is good, he will have a few Science Vessels ready to Irradiate the guts out of you... kinda sucks when they do that to your Ultralisks...

@RagingAsian: I actually disagree with Zerg being "low tier." I think all of the races are almost equal in strengths and weaknesses (in 1v1, 2v2, ffa... any kind of matchup, really) you just need to learn how to exploit them well.

I could talk about this all day! I dont know how much I should talk about it though... seems kinda funny to talk about it on a Smash forum, hehe.

Junpappy

Smash Lord
IMHO Terran are undeniably the best race. Terran pushes are so freaking annoying to deal with. Korean Terrans are top tier :laugh:

Seriously though, there's a reason most pros use Terran or Protoss.

tjrook

Smash Cadet
Yeah, ok, so that explains why a Zerg player (sAviOr) is ranked #1 right now? There are plenty of Zerg players, I could name off quite a few Korean Zerg players if you wanted me to. Like I said, all of the races have their strengths and weaknesses. A Terran push is annoying, yes, but what if you die before you can even get to the point to push? :laugh:

kekeke, I think so Xsyven!

Point well taken my raging friend, I'll now be moving my arrow from zerg to random, just because my and tjrook's passion for the zerg is definitely a pure one but terran tanks are definitely a formidable foe.

Anyways, if either of you two play SC on line drop a gamertag and we'll fiesta. Maybe hit us up some marine special forces for a good ol' time. Ciao!

Ancient_Shadow

Smash Cadet
The barren desert of St. George, Utah-land of foot
forgive me heath for tainting our sexy southern utah thread with further sc talk but i must interject.

RagingAsian: Terran are not undeniably the best race. Many competitive SC players think that the terran are the hardest and more low tier of the three races. I'm leaning more towards the opinion that all three are quite balanced.

Terran units in themselves are not very good. They are about as weak/strong as zerg units without the production power or manuverbility that the zerg allows. But with their secondary abilities and some INSANE micro, terran units can be as good or sometimes better than protoss units e.g. spider mines, medics, scv's, bunkers, siege mode, and stim packs.

If the Terran player is allowed time to survive the early game, their weakest period, and research all of the secondary abilities, and if the terran player has decent micro abilities, yes Terran are a seemingly unstoppable foe with their pushes of death. That is what happened in our game with devin.

And wow...WOW! I have never written such a long post in smashboards, and nevertheless it is about Starcraft :( I should be shot and dragged through the streets of Germany. Sorry again Heath.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Don't worry about the whole shooting in Germany thing, I'll just set Guy loose on you.

We're trying to rank our friends in skill against eachother to inspire wee little rivalries so they'll have motivation to get better at smash. Maybe even pose a threat to Xsyvy here :p but yes! Perhaps a july 19th round robin is in order! (Somebody'll have to tell me how it's done officially, tio and I aren't too intimate yet)

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Tomorrow?

4th of July Round Robin Extravaganza?

I think so. And I'm Devin's everything.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
I guess St. George is hot as hell... 114 tomorrow.

But there's still a smashfest.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Quite some smashfest that was.

Four gay people, a girl, a french kid, and us. Where's the punchline? Seriously.

tjrook

Smash Cadet
Ooooh, you're lucky I'm not one of them coming down... You'll just have to wait a little longer before you get a beating from me (in super smash, of course :))

tjrook

Smash Cadet
Oh yeah, I probably should do that, shouldn't I? :)

Of course, I would never really beat you, seeing as how that is one less smasher in Utah for me to go up against. Why would I ever want that?

tjrook

Smash Cadet
Sadly, no, I dont... I actually dont know if I'll be able to make up an excuse to go down there, I'll just have to tell the honest truth :( If I get a car that can drive well enough, then I dont think I'll have too much trouble as soon as I turn 18 (which is quite soon, actually.) My parents wont care by then because "I am old enough to make my own decisions," hehe...

I wont be able to come down during the summer because I have to work quite a bit, and wont be able to take too much time off, and I am already taking a lot of time off for other reasons.... Man, I have to think of something, I really want to go down there, maybe visit a few chess playing friends while I'm down there too...

Hmm, that was kind of a random ranting right there.

Well should you happen to manage to find your way down here, I'll gladly give a room and a warm and golden hot pocket. Xsyvykins and I occasionally head up there when we're feeling bored over the weekend, so we'll see you and the other northerners sometime during Fall semester!

And heafy, whens Tay-tay coming back?

tjrook

Smash Cadet
Well, I'll definitely remember your offer when I do happen to make it down there. And I'll be glad to see you guys when you eventually get bored enough to come up here! I dont really have room to offer in my house (its kind of full right now, and will be for quite a while, hehe) but I'm sure you can find someone else to stay with...

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
tjrook, don't drive here just to play Smash.

Seriously. As much as I love the thought, I'm saving you from nothingness.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Heh heh heh, hey, we have rock climbing here! And.. you know... old people. Old people are fun!

tjrook

Smash Cadet
Playing smash is nothing?!?!??!!!?!

Well, I guess I'll have to find another reason to go down there (I love rock climbing, how often do you go climbing, and do you have equipment for it? And I love old people, I guess...)

Is there really nothing else to do down there? Maybe I'll have to go to Vegas and just stop in St. George for a while, although I dont have a good reason to go to Vegas either... maybe I'll just have to go down there with the rest of us northerners for a tourney sometime... nah, I'll think of something... but I will still go for a tourney (when I can get off of work that is...)!

Ancient_Shadow

Smash Cadet
The barren desert of St. George, Utah-land of foot
I'm coming back from havasupai....TODAY!

I'm back and i'm very sore and very very stiff. :D Yet I'm hankering for some smashin and a chance to prove my pikachu in high tier battle of goodness. Devin, I call a rematch against your marth, we haven't settled our differences quite yet. I could possibly smash tommorow after 11 or so or perhaps on Sat. after 1 or 2. So give me call!

And BTW Tjrook, you should be unofficially adopted into the sexy southern utah scene simply because you've posted in this thread as much as I have. I've got to go; I despearatly need a shower and some good deodorant upon my sexy pits.

tjrook

Smash Cadet
LOL! Yeah, I agree... and also because I've spent a few weeks of a few summers down there because I took chess lessons from the late Igor Ivanov. I absolutely love it down there, even though it gets hotter than (blanked out because I dont swear, and because the smashboard forum doesn't allow it) down there.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
It's not bad yet. It was only 114 today.

Anywho, Tay-Tay, I'm going to Houston this weekend, Friday-Monday.

Soooo, it's just you an Dev-Dev.

tjrook is NOT an honorary Sexy Southern Utahn. As cool as he may be, he IS the enemy.

The only honorable Sexy Southern Utah is Buzz, because his wife is from Cedar, and he doesn't live in Naughty Northern Utah.

tjrook

Smash Cadet
crap... well, I guess I'm just going to have to move down there then... eventually...

Curse you Raging Asian! Lurking in our thread for the one time Heath slips up!

Don't worry TJrook, southern utah has plenty of stuff to do, that is if you're creative. I'm so creative I bought a megaphone so I'm never bored. The equation: Megaphone+ Endless hoards of golfers/families = Never ending fun.

And Tay to the tay, works got my leash at 4, so we'll have to play before then if yer interested.

tjrook

Smash Cadet
Ooh, a megaphone sounds like tons of fun! Sadly, it still isn't quite enough motivation to get myself down there... you are almost there, just not quite...

tjrook

Smash Cadet
"but I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hellfire." ...

lol, just kidding... :)

Top Bottom