• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Serebii can't confirm/deconfirm anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stado

Smash Apprentice
Wow, what the heck's with some of you people?

The guy has credibility. That's all you need to know. It's not like he's actually said anything tangible concerning this game, anyhow. Christ.

The Kirby Kong

Smash Journeyman
I am not a bovine thank you
The size of your brain is.

You say you can't reveal something, yet I give easy solutions and you completely ignore them.

You're just in it for the fame and you don't know ****, that's why you're afraid to tell anything.

User33

Smash Journeyman
The only reason people are saying this is because they want to convince Serebii into giving our information. Sorry, that's not going to work.

Serebii

Serebii Owner
NNID
SerebiiJoe

You say you can't reveal something, yet I give easy solutions and you completely ignore them.

You're just in it for the fame and you don't know ****, that's why you're afraid to tell anything.
You obviously have no idea how things work

Deception these days never works. Even if I reveal stuff anonymously it would get back to me somehow and I CANNOT and SHALL NOT risk it. Not to please some pathetic kids on a forum who cannot seem to realise that people's livelihoods are at stake. They are easy solutions to your small mind, but in realistic terms, they're just temporary stop-gap measures that WILL fail.

I don't care about "fame". I get enough of that in my community and it is tiresome, believe me. Getting hundreds of emails a day isnt fun, especially when I have so much else to do in my life.

And thanks for the compliment, I do actually have a large brain, the size of a bovine though...christ my head would be huge :)

Coen

BRoomer
BRoomer
Guys, guys, do you honestly believe Serebii is doing this for the 'fame'? I've been on Serebii a lot, and I trust it as a reliable source when it comes to Pokemon information (props @ Joe). Serebii is NOT a random ****** who gets a kick out of decieving people, I can tell you that. He's far too well known to risk his reputation by making a simple false rumour.

Even if Serebii does have information about Brawl that only a handful of people know, he just can not reveal it. You should all understand that. Now stop flaming. Thank you.

D

Deleted member

Serebii, if you are reading this:

I'm sorry but I don't believe one bit that you know who and who is not in Brawl. No, you are not some random guy. Yes you do have a reliable reputation with Diamond and Pearl and whatever Pokemon games there are but that's Pokemon. You probably know more about Pokemon than Shining Celebi with Digimon (You know Shining Celebi, right?). Anyways, I mean no offense what so ever, I just find that someone knowing everything is a piece of sh*t. The only people that would know is Sakurai and his team; not you. It's a big doubt from me.

I have also heard a few negative feedback about you though, Serebii. Over at thedigiport IRC network a person told me that you can be a bullsh*tter at some points and reliable when it comes to Pokemon. Yes, Brawl does have Pokemon in it but it ain't 100% Pokemon. He/She (I ain't sayin' names.) told me that.

I heard good and bad stuff about you, dude. And I am sorry but I don't think you're 100% reliable. I'll have to see it for my self.

Serebii

Serebii Owner
NNID
SerebiiJoe
Serebii, if you are reading this:

I'm sorry but I don't believe one bit that you know who and who is not in Brawl. No, you are not some random guy. Yes you do have a reliable reputation with Diamond and Pearl and whatever Pokemon games there are but that's Pokemon. You probably know more about Pokemon than Shining Celebi with Digimon (You know Shining Celebi, right?). Anyways, I mean no offense what so ever, I just find that someone knowing everything is a piece of sh*t. The only people that would know is Sakurai and his team; not you. It's a big doubt from me.

I have also heard a few negative feedback about you though, Serebii. Over at thedigiport IRC network a person told me that you can be a bullsh*tter at some points and reliable when it comes to Pokemon. Yes, Brawl does have Pokemon in it but it ain't 100% Pokemon. He/She (I ain't sayin' names.) told me that.

I heard good and bad stuff about you, dude. And I am sorry but I don't think you're 100% reliable. I'll have to see it for my self.
A lot of people believe a lot of BS about me that has gone on for years. None of it is true

Plus its not just Sakurai and his team with information. There are MANY people out there with it

Card

Smash Lord

Picture this situation....

Source-A tells Serebii (and ONLY Serebii, pay attention to this, it is important) exclusive information about anything and everything Pokemon Related in Smash Brawl.

Serebii signs a non-disclosure agreement, and agrees to withold all information which was given to him by Source-A.

Serebii, performs the solution you believe would work, logs on an anonymous computer and reveals all the information that has been given to him

Source-A finds out an Anonymous User on the Internet has revealed everything which he has told to Serebii... coincidence? Unless Source-A is a complete moron, I think he can make a connection between this anonymous use and Serebii, and figure out that it is just Serebii in disguise. This would compromise all trust Serebii has with his contacts, and most probably lose many of his insider information this way.

Seriously dude, use your head before flaming the hell out of Serebii.

and to Serebii, Please don't mind these senseless users on our boards. I, along with many users on these forums, trust your words tremendously. Just continue doing what you have been doing, and you'll have our deepest gratitude. Simply stating whether the MANY 'prophets' are real or fake (in terms of Pokemon information) is already the best thing you could do. Not only does it weed out complete imbeciles who have so much time on their hands to create these fake lists, but it lowers the spam count on these boards... especially since we have so much of it these days.

Thanks again Serebii.

M.K

Level 55
I lost most of the respect I had for you, Serebii, when I found out that a few select people at Serebii Forums were given the names of all the new pokemon while the rest of us were LEFT COMPLETELY in the dark. That hit low.

So, what, you want me to stop asking you questions? I don't think so, you aren't very reliable

brawler12

Smash Journeyman
Dammit!!!
I didn't mean to mock you seribii I think your real .I got a solution you can go on a friends Wii and send me a message about everything in brawl. Notice my wii number near my avatar.

Why the "ESPICIALLY YOU" you trying to say somthing or your just saying I'm just a kid?!?

YSM

Smash Apprentice
The only reason for all the doubts in this thread is desperation and paranoia. Desperation from those who want so badly for the leaks he de-confirms to be true, and paranoia from those who are convinced every single person who claims to have inside information MUST be lying. History disproves both are wrong, and there hasn't been a single valid argument in 7 pages for why he would be lying to us. None. It's just people panicking because they don't have the patience to wait 2 weeks, so they attack people trying to help.

Lone Spectator

Smash Apprentice

Deception these days never works. Even if I reveal stuff anonymously it would get back to me somehow and I CANNOT and SHALL NOT risk it. Not to please some pathetic kids on a forum who cannot seem to realise that people's livelihoods are at stake. They are easy solutions to your small mind, but in realistic terms, they're just temporary stop-gap measures that WILL fail.

I don't care about "fame". I get enough of that in my community and it is tiresome, believe me. Getting hundreds of emails a day isnt fun, especially when I have so much else to do in my life.

And thanks for the compliment, I do actually have a large brain, the size of a bovine though...christ my head would be huge :)

Yes, those noobs that think your Poke-God are a pain in the ***.

answer me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Liar u dont no shi*.
Wow, aren't you angry. He didn't answer what Olimar's alt. colors are. It's already stupid that you're harassing a man for info on a videogame, and looking for useless crap.

Anyway, people don't understand that in the world of investigative journalism, you can not leak information or you'll never ever be able to get information from an inside/outside source ever again, because you won't be trusted.

Remember that Serebii was FORCED to reveal the english names of Pokemon because some idiot had already leaked them.

Serebii

Serebii Owner
NNID
SerebiiJoe
Why would anyone tell you Brawl information? What makes you so important that you get information before everyone else? You aren't even a journalist.
Actually, I am a journalist. My website is within the top 1,700 websites TOTAL on the Internet. I have had scores of published articles published in a variety of gaming magazines. I am more of a journalist than most of those on the cacky video game blogs there are around and even more than some of the ones on the good video game blogs

I lost most of the respect I had for you, Serebii, when I found out that a few select people at Serebii Forums were given the names of all the new pokemon while the rest of us were LEFT COMPLETELY in the dark. That hit low.

So, what, you want me to stop asking you questions? I don't think so, you aren't very reliable
I never told anyone the names of all the new Pokémon. Everyone found out as soon as I posted them, nobody had any further info from me

brawler12

Smash Journeyman
I don't mean to offend him I just want him to pay attention to me. TY for paying attention to me now if only Serebii will.

If you only know pokemon stuff when is pokemon Opal going to come out????

Where can I find out the english names of new pokemon????

Son Saku

Smash Apprentice
Oh well.
Stuffs can be revealed ONE day before Japanese's release, or do you really have no intention in posting them?

Card

Smash Lord
I don't mean to offend him I just want him to pay attention to me. TY for paying attention to me now if only Serebii will.

If you only know pokemon stuff when is pokemon Opal going to come out????

Where can I find out the english names of new pokemon????
This is the Smash Brawl Discussion board. Please stop asking for anything Pokemon Related, this is obviously the wrong board. Use the Pokemon Board or take it to Private Messages with him.

The Kirby Kong

Smash Journeyman
Picture this situation....

Source-A tells Serebii (and ONLY Serebii, pay attention to this, it is important) exclusive information about anything and everything Pokemon Related in Smash Brawl.

Serebii signs a non-disclosure agreement, and agrees to withold all information which was given to him by Source-A.

Serebii, performs the solution you believe would work, logs on an anonymous computer and reveals all the information that has been given to him

Source-A finds out an Anonymous User on the Internet has revealed everything which he has told to Serebii... coincidence? Unless Source-A is a complete moron, I think he can make a connection between this anonymous use and Serebii, and figure out that it is just Serebii in disguise. This would compromise all trust Serebii has with his contacts, and most probably lose many of his insider information this way.

Seriously dude, use your head before flaming the hell out of Serebii.
This would be true, if the game was being developed by a single person.

But you never know if someone else also leaked information. I'm sure developers know a thing or two what someone else is working on, so it's incredibly hard to trace if done properly.

Now, who was the one that was supposed to use his head?

The Kirby Kong

Smash Journeyman

Now you're just saying you're too stupid to pull it off properly.

If done properly, nobody can trace it back to you. The absolute worst thing that could happen is that they are suspicious, and just become even more strict. That's all.

I think it's fine that you're scared, but don't tell me it's impossible to leak info without getting caught.

Card

Smash Lord
This would be true, if the game was being developed by a single person.

But you never know if someone else also leaked information. I'm sure developers know a thing or two what someone else is working on, so it's incredibly hard to trace if done properly.

Now, who was the one that was supposed to use his head?

First of all; Serebii was given only anything related to Pokemon that is in Smash Brawl. If an anonymous source revealed everything in Smash that was Pokemon related, I think that would narrow down the Japanese developers search for the leak. Not only just because the information would be pokemon related, but because the information would be in English as well.

Secondly; So Serebii is supposed to take an astronomical risk, compromising his entire status of being a world-renown Pokemon Journalist, in order to reveal information to a complete group of strangers. NOT ONLY is it a complete group of strangers, but it is a whole bunch of immature brats like yourselves who completely and totally disrespect him for everything he is worth. Not only would it be a complete breach of a contract he probably has with his sources (which can lead to fines among other things), but it would be the complete and utter destruction of trust which Serebii has amongst his sources for many of his insider Pokemon Information, which in turn could compromise HIS website, along with ALL the users who support it.

All this so he can leak information to an ungrateful person such as yourself? I think not

Just quit posting now while you think you are ahead.

Bahamut

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Bahamut3585
I've decided that this thread is pointless. At best it'll only lead to more bickering; at worst, it'll turn into an all-out flame war. As far as I'm concerned, everyone can wait *checks calendar* 14 days, when the game comes out in Japan and someone unlocks everything in 2 hours.

Whether or not Serebii is privy to confidential information is irrelevant. It simply wouldn't be in his best interest to "disconfirm" anything. Heck, I could disconfirm Jesus and nobody would listen to me.

Serebii, don't do anything stupid. Everyone else, get off his back. If I catch wind of anyone reigniting this flame war I'm gonna bust out the ban hammer.

*DISCONFIRM'D*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom