• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

September 22nd Cleveland, OH Tourny!

A-Laon

Smash Master
Pittsburgh is being gay and wants to go to C3 because it's a bigger event with more people, blah, blah, blah, and stuff...

Don't know about Rob.

ReadySetGo

Smash Ace
Update on the Pittsburgh front:

As it stands right now I am driving Me, Rob, Alan, Nakamaru, and one other person. There is also another possible car coming, but that is unconfirmed. What is the turnout looking like for this so we can persuade the other car to come here and not C3 (b/c its a shorter trip to here and if the turnout is decent then we may be able to sway them).

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
I'd gladly team with either you Phasion or Scifiguy, but I already told someone else that I'd team with them. :(

I'm having second thoughts though, because I never like to team with that individual. So Phasion, how about it?

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
I need a partner also.

Any takers?

You got one right here, if my primary partner doesn't show up.

I already told someone that I'd team with them if my partner doesn't show up, but I don't really enjoy teaming with that person. So yeah, is good 'ol Gonzo ok? I've gotten much better, just ask Steele, Impp, or Dobs. :)

EDIT: Whoops! I only posted this because I thought my other post never appeared due to an accidental "page back" click lol. Sorry about that everyone. :)

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
Update on the Pittsburgh front:

What is the turnout looking like for this so we can persuade the other car to come here and not C3 (b/c its a shorter trip to here and if the turnout is decent then we may be able to sway them).
ok update the other half of pitts will most likely not make it to c3.

EDIT
Def going:
alan
readysteady
rob
dead aim

most likely (probly one of the imaginable combonations of 3 ppl):
PockyD
Wesley
Sheik
taki
Swift( aka Linda aka raut aka swiftbass aka naotakun aka oen)
nai!

so umm pitts should be coming in full force this time (in ohio), since its a tragic that we wont be able to be in Azen's presence. over even look @ the same TV as him. D=

Phasion11

Smash Journeyman
sure gonzo, i'll team with you. this way you can't get falcon punched again :)

Also, don't get overconcerned about the registering process. There is no penalty to not registering, it just makes it much easier on me to get things ready for the tourny.

On overswarms comment: sorry but that's how it's always been here. The venue needs to make some cash. This just beats people needing to pay a venue fee. In the end it comes to less than 5 bucks per person, so it's not really that bad.

Please bring tio, it would be much appreciated.

I'm really looking forward to this next (and my last hosted cleveland) tournament!

4% APR

Smash Champion
a friend of mine needs a partner, he plays fox/peach in teams. Pm me if anyone is interested

XDoesUpB

Smash Apprentice
sure gonzo, i'll team with you. this way you can't get falcon punched again :)

Also, don't get overconcerned about the registering process. There is no penalty to not registering, it just makes it much easier on me to get things ready for the tourny.

On overswarms comment: sorry but that's how it's always been here. The venue needs to make some cash. This just beats people needing to pay a venue fee. In the end it comes to less than 5 bucks per person, so it's not really that bad.

Please bring tio, it would be much appreciated.

I'm really looking forward to this next (and my last hosted cleveland) tournament!
I'm not trying to start an argument but I know I personally would much rather pay a venue fee then have it come out of the pot. Why should the top 3 placers pay for everyone's fee, know what I'm sayin? :cool:

ReadySetGo

Smash Ace
I'm not trying to start an argument but I know I personally would much rather pay a venue fee then have it come out of the pot. Why should the top 3 placers pay for everyone's fee, know what I'm sayin? :cool:
I sorta of agree with this, making everyone pay a $5 venue fee makes more sense, but then again you've run multiple tournaments and if it ain't broke why fix it.

As it stands right now I am driving Me, Rob, Alan, Nakamaru, and one other person. There is also another possible car coming, but that is unconfirmed. What is the turnout looking like for this so we can persuade the other car to come here and not C3 (b/c its a shorter trip to here and if the turnout is decent then we may be able to sway them).
Anyone care to answer this.

Oh and do you guys need any set-ups?

4% APR

Smash Champion
Haha , X thinks he can get monies.

RSG- It definatley won't be as big as C3, but I'm not sure how the turnout will end up. I'm not very helpful

ReadySetGo

Smash Ace
Haha , X thinks he can get monies.

RSG- It definatley won't be as big as C3, but I'm not sure how the turnout will end up. I'm not very helpful
Well thanks for trying at least.

Also what time does this Bizznatch start up so us Burgers know when to leave.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Practice/friendlies start at 1 p.m., tournament starts at 2 p.m. I believe. :)

And it's too bad Naka can't come, I was really looking forward to some more GnW/Roy dittos. :(

Phasion11

Smash Journeyman
Beegs - yes sir, it is the last one, so i hope this one turns out great.

X - Look at it this way, if everyone pays a venue fee, then entry drops down to $10 per person, which still gives the w1nn4rs less money in the end. So taking it out of the pot is just less money lost, or so i've found.

-9Volt+

Smash Journeyman
Do we have to register online? Or can we register saturday morning?

Scratch that, i didnt read ur previous post, Phasion

Beegs_009

Smash Cadet
Phasion - Ah glad Im going to this one then. I can't stay afterwards for freindlies long. Got to go home and set up at my new house. >_>. Next time I'll stay after longer.

Steele

Smash Journeyman
Beegs - yes sir, it is the last one, so i hope this one turns out great.

X - Look at it this way, if everyone pays a venue fee, then entry drops down to $10 per person, which still gives the w1nn4rs less money in the end. So taking it out of the pot is just less money lost, or so i've found.
aaahhhh man. The last escape tourney and I can't come. :urg: I had a great time at the last one cuz it was such a good setup with the comfy chairs and all unlike at the wooster tourney.

crappage:dizzy:

ReadySetGo

Smash Ace
Pittsburgh Update:

We now have 2 cars coming to Ohio, so that is 10 people from Pittsburgh to belong all of Ohio's bases to us. All your base are belong to us now.

Pittsburgh <3 Ohio for real though.

Phasion11

Smash Journeyman
Steele, don't get me wrong, I am not hosting any more tournies at Escape BUT Escape will still hold SSBM tournies, I just won't be hosting them. So please, keep looking for other tournies at Escape after this one, they should still be holding them and they will still be a good time.

ReadySetGo

Smash Ace
Yeah, I'm sorry that the Pittsburgh Steelers have to **** the Cleveland Brown Nosers so bad every game, and then on top of that, win the division every year while Cinci, Baltimore, and Cleveland grovel at our feet. We really do feel bad about that, but its just so hard to bring our extraordinary playing level down to all of your sub-par playing levels, it really is.

But anyway beyond that we love Ohio, its a pretty sweet place, I mean you have Geauga Lake, White Castle and Dreph(en/iano), and who doesn't like amusement parks, mini hamburgers, and SSJ4?

-9Volt+

Smash Journeyman
Tim Couch cries, that is all.

I have never been to a white castle. Whats there?

pockyD

Smash Legend
whitecastle sucks, no joke

steelers suck too lol... just wait til they play a real team. big gay ben will fold like a 5 cent chair

and uh, crew battle? even though we're missing 2 of our best?

4% APR

Smash Champion
Ohio vs pitts sound good to me

we gotta have some cash ridin on this though, people always fro out of friendly crews

ReadySetGo

Smash Ace
40 Stock crew battle? That would be pretty epic, could we get it recorded????

Its only going to happen if the tournament is well run in terms of time though. I'm not sticking around after singles ends at 8 or 9 to have a crew battle seeing as my trip home is extended roughly an hour (taking peeps home).

4% APR

Smash Champion
someone bring recording stuff!!!

Alright then, we'll try to finish as quick as we can, this is like the third time a crew battle like this has been mentioned, I want it to happen this time

-9Volt+

Smash Journeyman
I dont have recording stuff, but im bringing a digital camera to take pics n stuff. Ill take some of the crews that could help in the video?

EDIT: oh yeah, im bringing a setup too, but no TV

Top Bottom